What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll pop into town, either sit in Costa with a wrap and cold flavoured iced tea, or go to Starbucks for a big iced coffee :love: I really enjoy sitting in a coffee shop myself, it’s one of the things I miss most pre-covid

I’ll then go to Superdrug or Savers to pick up fake tan, micellar water etc. I’ll get my nails done, which is so therapeutic! Primark is my next stop to stock up on comfy pyjamas, jewellery and accessories. I’ll go into Zara or River Island, to treat myself to a “staple” item of clothing. Usually something I’ve admired for months, but debated splurging on. I love buying tailored blazers, coats, leather trousers and nice handbags.

On my last “date” I got acrylic nails for the first time in ages (not allowed nails for work). I treated myself to loads of gold jewellery from Primark, a blazer and bodysuit from Zara, then got a Starbucks.

I love to tint my own eyebrows. I buy developer and tint from Salon Services (about £8). I love any type of face mask, ordinary skincare or bath goodies! My favourite days are when I’m organised with housework, able to go a walk and make some really good food.
You have your sh*t together! That’s amazing!

Reactions: 9
You have your sh*t together! That’s amazing!
Trust me it’s been a learning process over the years 😂

Compassion fatigue and burnout are both common within my line of work, so it’s important to practice self love! This routine varies, depending on finances but I try to “take myself on a date” once every month 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m with you. Always hate the way I look but no idea where to start to change it. Especially clothes wise
A lot of stores do free personal shopping. John Lewis / topshop are great. You just have to book and let them do all the work. You’re not obliged to buy anything either !

Reactions: 3
I’m with you. Always hate the way I look but no idea where to start to change it. Especially clothes wise

I’m in the process of changing my style. What I did was go on Pinterest/Instagram and find the style I liked/wanted. For me personally, I looked the classy but cosy style, with lots of layering and neutral colours (think Zara autumn/winter vibes). I went through my wardrobe and got rid of the stuff that didn’t fit the look I wanted (I either sold it on depop or donated my old stuff), and kept the key pieces I wanted.

I then looked for key pieces that would help me achieve the look I wanted. So fluffy jumpers, leather trousers, heeled boots. I found a lot in Zara and ASOS, but also on depop too (it was much cheaper!), so I worked out my measurements and bought on depop, because I couldn’t return items if they didn’t fit, so I didn’t want to waste money.

(I really recommend depop if you’re changing your style, it’s more ethical but also way cheaper, it can be expensive to build a new wardrobe)

Once I got clothing, I started to put outfits together, and experiment what went with what.

Another thing I did, I found clothing styles that would highlight the best parts of my body and hide the worst. So I hate my stomach, but I like my legs and my neck/chest area, so square neck tops and skater dresses with tights worked great for me.

Sorry for waffling, this is just what I did, it might work for you, it’s a really good starting point :) good luck

Reactions: 17
I’ll pop into town, either sit in Costa with a wrap and cold flavoured iced tea, or go to Starbucks for a big iced coffee :love: I really enjoy sitting in a coffee shop myself, it’s one of the things I miss most pre-covid

I’ll then go to Superdrug or Savers to pick up fake tan, micellar water etc. I’ll get my nails done, which is so therapeutic! Primark is my next stop to stock up on comfy pyjamas, jewellery and accessories. I’ll go into Zara or River Island, to treat myself to a “staple” item of clothing. Usually something I’ve admired for months, but debated splurging on. I love buying tailored blazers, coats, leather trousers and nice handbags.

On my last “date” I got acrylic nails for the first time in ages (not allowed nails for work). I treated myself to loads of gold jewellery from Primark, a blazer and bodysuit from Zara, then got a Starbucks.

I love to tint my own eyebrows. I buy developer and tint from Salon Services (about £8). I love any type of face mask, ordinary skincare or bath goodies! My favourite days are when I’m organised with housework, able to go a walk and make some really good food.
I absolutely love this. We all need to be looking after ourselves like this and remembering that it's okay to put ourselves first.

Reactions: 7
I saw an old school friend on Friday. I’m surprised she recognised me. She looked absolutely stunning & I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards. I’m sick of feeling like this now.
This happened to me today- ran into a friend I haven't seen in years. I was shocked at the difference in our appearances and I felt properly ashamed to be standing next to her.
I've had a rough year (tons of medical issues) and have totally lost myself in the mess, but this is the first time I noticed just how scruffy I look compared to everyone around me.
I've never been glam at all but I've always been...neat and tidy, I suppose, but definitely not anymore. My sense of self-worth is at zero, so when you add that to the scruffy exterior, it's not a pretty sight.
No advice for you but just to let you know, you're not alone. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
anyone on here tried the trend of shaving the peach fuzz on face??
Yeah :) I bought facial razors from Amazon and then applied an oil to my face so I wasn’t dry shaving, I watched a few YouTube videos. It was really simple and made my makeup look amazing!

Reactions: 2
If you shave your face, does it grow back in stubbly or how does it work?
no it doesn’t at all. It’s a different sort of hair to the hair on your legs for example.

it just grows back the same peach fuzz.

I also recommend the face shaving, my make up looks so much smoother and my skin looks healthier. Must say I was worried that I would turn into the bearded lady

Reactions: 4
I bought some facial razors a while ago as I read that its great exfoliation (apparently men need to use chemical exfoliation much less than women because they, usually, regularly shave their faces) but was super nervous about trying it. Seeing all the positives on here I might give it a go!

I’ve just tinted my own lashes..... how have I not done this before?!?!? My first attempt was so good!!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just tinted my own lashes..... how have I not done this before?!?!? My first attempt was so good!!
It’s so easy isn’t it?! I love how much of a lift it gives me. Don’t think I’d ever pay to have them done now. I’ve also done a lash lift myself, bit more fiddly but can be done at home.

• Heart
I really got into self-care this year due to being at home a lot/being dumped! I agree that dermaplaning is amazing! I use the Veet dermaplaning kit (£30 in Boots). I get such satisfaction seeing the hair and dead skin coming off 🥴😂 It also makes skincare/makeup absorb and look better.

I also do Face Gym a few times a week. They recorded a few videos on their IG during lockdown so I sneakily screen recorded them on my phone so I have them all the time. It’s basically a workout for your face - encouraging blood flow to ‘plump’ the skin and various hand movements over the face to ‘tone’ and ‘sculpt’. It obviously doesn’t work miracles but I can personally see a difference in my jawline! It’s worth a go and it’s quite relaxing to do on an evening with a facial oil.

I’ve also starting dyeing my eyebrows at home - wow what a difference! Goodbye filling my brows in every morning. I also do my own nails now (bought the Mylee gel lamp kit off Amazon in March). It’s saved so much money and they look better and are in better condition without acrylics I used to get every 4 weeks.

I also used to like getting coffee on my own in town and watching the world go by. That was my thing. I used to wonder what people were doing/where they were going. Hopefully that will come back one day. You also can’t beat a Primark splurge of pyjamas and bed socks! I’ve got a thing about buying bedding so I like to treat myself to a duvet cover/sheets/pillow cases/throws now and then.

Less superficially, my best form of self-care is having phone free days. At least days not looking at social media. I put my phone in a drawer for the day and forget about it. I love going for walks without my phone so I can appreciate my surroundings. I also feel it’s good for my mental health to have phone free days.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If I’m feeling a bit rubbish, I tend to have an early bath and do some reading so I can totally switch off. I enjoy a good hair mask too. At the moment I’m using the Garnier banana mask.

After using a sample of the Elemis Pro Collagen Marine cream for the last week or so, I’ve decided to make use of the 25% promo code they have currently and buy a bigger pot. It’s the most I’ve ever spent on a beauty product, even with the code but I’ve heard such good things and it feels wonderful on my skin so here’s hoping 🤞🏻

Reactions: 4