What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just ordered eyelash tint on prime! I already do my eyebrows so I’m going to teach myself!!

I thought, my lashes are so blonde, anything is better than nothing so 🤞🏻🤞🏻 ☺☺
If you already do your brows, then I'd say you'll have no problem doing the lashes 🙂

Has anyone had laser hair removal? If so; what are you thoughts on it?
My SIL had her legs and underarms done and was really happy with the results. She was supposed to be getting bikini and lip done afterwards, but then Covid hit. She's hoping to get them done next year though.
It doesn't work for everyone though. It depends on your hair and your colouring. SIL is quite sallow skinned and had very dark hair.
You're probably better off getting it done during the winter months as you can't go in the sun at all while it's being done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I forgot my main glow up secret.... a little bit of fake tan!! Nothing crazy, just a little glow (when it goes on nicely) I feel absolutely stunning 😂😂😂
This! A bit of Bondi Sands Light/Medium foam and I feel delicious!

I love the first night of new sheets, always tend to do my Skincare OTT and pop on a layer of Kiehls overnight mask then settle in with some Netflix, crisps and dip. When I'm in a routine of actually doing my skincare consistently I always feel better about myself. Note to self starting tonight!

Also, I love the feeling after I've cleaned my en suite, vacuumed my room and changed sheets! Always feel productive after that especially since losing my job the small things are huge lately!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This thread has inspired me today to take some time for me to glow up...after dinner I’m having a bath with a bath bomb, de fuzzing all areas 😂 and taking the time to blow dry and straighten my hair. Going to use my tanning drops and basically treat myself, I deserve it and you all do too 😘

Eyebrows threaded

Bubble bath with lavender oil and candles

Garnier sheet masks
I love the Garnier sheets 🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This thread has inspired me today to take some time for me to glow up...after dinner I’m having a bath with a bath bomb, de fuzzing all areas 😂 and taking the time to blow dry and straighten my hair. Going to use my tanning drops and basically treat myself, I deserve it and you all do too 😘

I love the Garnier sheets 🙌🏻
sounds lush! 😍 what are tanning drops?Do you mix it with moisturiser?

Reactions: 3
I forgot my main glow up secret.... a little bit of fake tan!! Nothing crazy, just a little glow (when it goes on nicely) I feel absolutely stunning 😂😂😂
Same!! Amazing how much better a bit of fake tan makes me feel, just hate the tiger bread stage 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Same!! Amazing how much better a bit of fake tan makes me feel, just hate the tiger bread stage 😂
i know 🤣 I wish I was better at it! I’m jealous of those that have more of a colour than me... I’m very pale, light to medium is still dark andit’s soo obvious when I duck it up!

ive got friends who are darker, they can slather it on and it always looks fine?!

Had my upper lip and forearms done around 5 years ago. Very little regrowth up until about a year ago, think they recommend a few top up sessions at this point so I’ll prob book that soon 😬

Botox. Botox every few months. Makes me look like I’ve had a bit more sleep than I actually have.

Reactions: 9
Botox. 3 times a year. If my forehead moves it makes me squirm. I love the frozen look.
I exfoliate once a week.
A 10km walk with a good playlist 4 times a week.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Chanel No 5 shower gel and body lotion. I don’t use it often as it’s pricey but nothing makes me feel cleaner, fresher or sexier!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had my upper lip and forearms done around 5 years ago. Very little regrowth up until about a year ago, think they recommend a few top up sessions at this point so I’ll prob book that soon 😬
Thank you! I think I want to get my lip and chin done but I’m a bit nervous about it. I get thick hairs on my chin due to scar tissue and when they’re coming through it can actually hurt. Had enough of it so going to look into hair removal ☺

Reactions: 3
I’m on session 5/6 and it’s honestly changed my life. I was so hairy before hair would honestly grow back by the evening the day of shaving. I was so conscious I even wore jeans the day we moved house which was the hottest day of the year.

Botox. 3 times a year. If my forehead moves it makes me squirm. I love the frozen look.
I exfoliate once a week.
A 10km walk with a good playlist 4 times a week.
I really want Botox - I just have no idea where to start to find someone decent.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wish that I had the time & energy to take care of myself. I am genuinely clueless. I spent hours watching make up videos on YouTube to learn how to contour, brought all the recommended make up & I just cannot do it. My hair is a mess. I have it done regularly but I sweat at night so unless I wash it everyday, it looks vile. I ask to be all over blonde & she still does highlights & because of the sweat, it looks ginger. I did an eye brow tinting course to learn how to do it, they still look horrendous. I found the skincare thread on here & learnt about toner & cleanser so have started doing that. My teeth are awful. Just bought some whitening strips. Il
I would love to be glam. I have no fashion sense. I wear black or grey.
I used to be the most confident woman. I don’t know what’s happened but I have lost it. I feel horrid & I am embarrassed of myself.
sorry, this isn’t a glow up advise.
if anyone can offer any advice, I would really appreciate it! X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I’m with you. Always hate the way I look but no idea where to start to change it. Especially clothes wise

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I wish that I had the time & energy to take care of myself. I am genuinely clueless. I spent hours watching make up videos on YouTube to learn how to contour, brought all the recommended make up & I just cannot do it. My hair is a mess. I have it done regularly but I sweat at night so unless I wash it everyday, it looks vile. I ask to be all over blonde & she still does highlights & because of the sweat, it looks ginger. I did an eye brow tinting course to learn how to do it, they still look horrendous. I found the skincare thread on here & learnt about toner & cleanser so have started doing that. My teeth are awful. Just bought some whitening strips. Il
I used to be the most confident woman. I don’t know what’s happened but I have lost it. I feel horrid & I am embarrassed of myself.
Totally in the same boat, always felt a bit useless when it came to anything like this - all my friends seem to just naturally know all the things and I’m like sorry did I miss some kind of self help guide book when I went into my teens? The loss of identity after having kids doesn’t help too. Our confidence will come back I’m absolutely sure of it. You shouldn’t be embarrassed of yourself in the slightest, I think everyone goes through lulls of feeling like an actual dogs testicle - I know I do! Sending lots of positive vibes your way xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Maybe just focus on one area at a time? And perhaps book a session with a personal stylist who could help advise re clothes? Difficult I know at the moment but I’ve seen on Instagram stylists offering video appointments if that’s an option for you?

Reactions: 7