What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for this! I am determined to spend more time on myself. My little boy has amazing sense of style! His outfits are amazing! He has the most stunning curly hair & just looks pretty awesome 100% of the time. Obviously I spend a lot of time & money to make him look this way. I have lost myself a bit.
I am in the south west but I will have a look x

I’m in the south west. I will have a look on the website x
I’m in the south west :)

How long would everyone say they spend getting ready in the morning? For example, if you were going to work?
Also, what is your daily beauty routine?

Oooooo the large city also known as Brizzle? 😂
I take about 20/30 mins id say.

i use micellar water and then nivea cleanse and tone
Then this vitamin c serum
The ordinary hyaluronic acid
Simple light moisturiser

I’m a skincare beginner to be honest 🤣 but these seem to work for me

id like to find some nice eye cream and also something to minimise pores! I also need to find a good primer

sorry forgot to add in make up! I’m desperate for new make up. I’m using bunch of random bits and I’m not a fan of my current Clinique foundation so I’m looking at options. If anyone can recommend a good one? I was thinking of NARS?

Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever done the make up lessons that some brands offer? I feel like I need someone to show me what to do

Reactions: 1
How long would everyone say they spend getting ready in the morning? For example, if you were going to work?
Also, what is your daily beauty routine?

Oooooo the large city also known as Brizzle? 😂
Morning:
Wash face, apply SPF, doing my makeup (concealer, eyeshadow/liner, mascara, bronzer, blush, highlight, lipstick). Takes about 15 minutes, if that.

Evening:
Cleanse (right now I am using Fresh Soy cleanser and like it)
Glycolic acid (not every night)
Retinol (not every night)
Hyaloraunic acid serum
Buffet serum from The Ordinary
Vichy moisturiser

Sometimes I will use different serums.

Reactions: 2

Simple light moisturiser

id like to find some nice eye cream and also something to minimise pores! I also need to find a good primer

sorry forgot to add in make up! I’m desperate for new make up. I’m using bunch of random bits and I’m not a fan of my current Clinique foundation so I’m looking at options. If anyone can recommend a good one? I was thinking of NARS?
I’ve played around on foundations, started out with YSL, spent a little while using Nars, then Bobbi Brown, then Nars again, now I’m back on YSL. Think you have to try a few to find your perfect one, but the Nars, Bobbi Brown and YSL all have decent buildable coverage while giving you a nice glow as well. I did go in for Armani for a couple of bottles but I just didn’t quite get the hype on it.

For me it's changing the bed. And I mean all around it. I am not a particular follower of new age or ancient practices and I can't say I have much knowledge either on them. Some may call it clap trap, but I am a strong believer that negative feelings linger and can even become attached to objects round the home and the bedroom is the worst. If you are having a night where you just cant sleep, try changing your sheets, making sure its clean of unessersary objects, visual noise, any artificial scent (apart from natural Lavender) and leaving your wide open (no matter the weather) for at least an hour a day. All the worrying, negativity can entwine in the threads of your bedlinen). Good sleep makes for about 80% of a good glow up skin and even one nights good sleep can make a persons skin look amazing the next day.

A regular exfoliation. I use my old faithful, St Ives which I have relied on it since a teen and it has always worked wonders on my skin. I would like some recommendations on something a lot let abrasive for a 36 year olds skin (I have quite oily skin, I also have large pores that appear to run in the mediterian side of my family and have just started to show the first signs of aging).

A good set of eyebrows (including being dyed if needs be and threaded). And I dont mean the insta types. I think Korean eyebrow styles are the most flattering on myself and also others. Straight, unarched, entailed and well groomed, quite boyish but so much more flattering than anything else. They make me appear very youthful.

New footwear - fresh white trainers for me. I always feel amazing in them.

Reactions: 6
Botox makes such a difference.
learning how to blow dry my hair properly I.e in sections like they do in the hairdresser.
it makes a serious difference in how I look.
wearing nice jewellery can really lift an outfit and primark has the nicest jewellery.

learning how to blow dry my hair properly I.e in sections like they do in the hairdresser.
it makes a serious difference in how I look.
This is my 2021 new years resolution! Did you follow any particular tutorials online for how to blowdry your hair? I have masses amount of thick hair so I'm never sure where to start with blowdrying it 😅

This is my 2021 new years resolution! Did you follow any particular tutorials online for how to blowdry your hair? I have masses amount of thick hair so I'm never sure where to start with blowdrying it 😅
Clip it into sections and use a round brush

• Heart
Clip it into sections and use a round brush
Agreed! I love taking the time to give myself a good blow dry.

After years of wearing lash extensions I stopped during lock down. This weekend I got a lash lift and I absolutely LOVE the results. For me getting my nails done, lashes done, hair freshly dyed and then putting a full face of make up is my absolute fav. I love nothing more than spending ages on my make up before going out, I get so much enjoyment from it.

I’m also a fan of lip filler and get 0.5 top ups every 6 months or so.

Agreed! I love taking the time to give myself a good blow dry.

After years of wearing lash extensions I stopped during lock down. This weekend I got a lash lift and I absolutely LOVE the results. For me getting my nails done, lashes done, hair freshly dyed and then putting a full face of make up is my absolute fav. I love nothing more than spending ages on my make up before going out, I get so much enjoyment from it.

I’m also a fan of lip filler and get 0.5 top ups every 6 months or so.
Are you me haha

• Haha

Simple light moisturiser

Ive just bought the Younique spray foundation and it's beautiful.. also IT cosmetics CC cream is a firm fave X

Does anyone dermaplane at home? I was at Homesense the other day and they had some tools for it. Was thinking about buying them.

No tutorials but as the op said clips and a round brush. I find starting on the side with your dominant hand ( is that what it’s called ) first. The other side is tricky because of holding the dryer with the other hand but honestly practise makes it easier.
the smaller the section the better. im sure there is good YouTube tutorials though.

For me it's changing the bed. And I mean all around it. I am not a particular follower of new age or ancient practices and I can't say I have much knowledge either on them. Some may call it clap trap, but I am a strong believer that negative feelings linger and can even become attached to objects round the home and the bedroom is the worst. If you are having a night where you just cant sleep, try changing your sheets, making sure its clean of unessersary objects, visual noise, any artificial scent (apart from natural Lavender) and leaving your wide open (no matter the weather) for at least an hour a day. All the worrying, negativity can entwine in the threads of your bedlinen). Good sleep makes for about 80% of a good glow up skin and even one nights good sleep can make a persons skin look amazing the next day.

A regular exfoliation. I use my old faithful, St Ives which I have relied on it since a teen and it has always worked wonders on my skin. I would like some recommendations on something a lot let abrasive for a 36 year olds skin (I have quite oily skin, I also have large pores that appear to run in the mediterian side of my family and have just started to show the first signs of aging).

A good set of eyebrows (including being dyed if needs be and threaded). And I dont mean the insta types. I think Korean eyebrow styles are the most flattering on myself and also others. Straight, unarched, entailed and well groomed, quite boyish but so much more flattering than anything else. They make me appear very youthful.

New footwear - fresh white trainers for me. I always feel amazing in them.
Tropic face scrub is amazing! I'm 43 and have used this for the last 4 years, makes a huge difference to my skin

• Heart
Ooh I love a thread like this. It reminds me to do more stuff for me.

What eyebrow tint do you girls recommend please? I've never done it myself before but can't imagine it's that difficult once you've the product.

Totally in the same boat, always felt a bit useless when it came to anything like this - all my friends seem to just naturally know all the things and I’m like sorry did I miss some kind of self help guide book when I went into my teens? The loss of identity after having kids doesn’t help too. Our confidence will come back I’m absolutely sure of it. You shouldn’t be embarrassed of yourself in the slightest, I think everyone goes through lulls of feeling like an actual dogs testicle - I know I do! Sending lots of positive vibes your way xx
Agreed!
Have the same thing with friends - live in Essex so everyone looks like the dogs bollox and I look like a testicle.
I’m just glad I’ve got a good personality. 😂
I do try and nip off for a spa day once in a while. I like that I don’t have to cook my own dinner and no one calls me “mummy “ - coz that tit gets one old!

• Haha
Ooh I love a thread like this. It reminds me to do more stuff for me.

What eyebrow tint do you girls recommend please? I've never done it myself before but can't imagine it's that difficult once you've the product.
I use eyelure (just the eyelash one to be honest as I always do them too), and get a packet of cheap mascara wands (home bargains etc do them) dye takes quickly to your eyebrows so I started off by putting it on for 1 minute and then wiping it off with cotton wool & cold water and then reapply until you get the shade wanted - I’ve learned mine take about 3-4 minute to get to where I want them And just do it in one go now, I leave it on longer near where they meet (as mine are thinner there), Vaseline or coconut oil around the eyebrow if you have a shaky hand will stop it staining your skin xx