What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow! Oh my gosh, I will certainly go and have a look!

Yes, to aging. Creases around the eyes, nose and mouth ... just usual aging stuff. They were in their 20s when they "died" and would now be in their 50s.

I do agree about the doppelganger theory but the behaviour of this person when they first saw me really stood out.
Yes I think these doppelgängers are supernatural, its like they seem to know when they have been spotted . Really eerie

Reactions: 5
Yes I think these doppelgängers are supernatural, its like they seem to know when they have been spotted . Really eerie
Indeed.

I was telling a friend about my encounter and she told me a story about how she saw a doctor who's been missing since the late '80s (it was a very high profile case as the circumstances were very unusual). It would seem on the surface he was under a lot of stress and wanted out of his life. Anyway, my friend said she saw him in Perth, Australia, not long after an article was published highlighting him as a cold case. Some time after that, she swears she saw him in Hawaii! He was older but looked very much the same (again, quite strong features that wouldn't change with age). She reported it to the missing persons page dedicated to him but never heard anything back. (He was also sighted in several places over the years, but her sighting was about five years ago, so probably the most recent).

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Indeed.

I was telling a friend about my encounter and she told me a story about how she saw a doctor who's been missing since the late '80s (it was a very high profile case as the circumstances were very unusual). It would seem on the surface he was under a lot of stress and wanted out of his life. Anyway, my friend said she saw him in Perth, Australia, not long after an article was published highlighting him as a cold case. Some time after that, she swears she saw him in Hawaii! He was older but looked very much the same (again, quite strong features that wouldn't change with age). She reported it to the missing persons page dedicated to him but never heard anything back. (He was also sighted in several places over the years, but her sighting was about five years ago, so probably the most recent).
Ooh how odd is that — you seriously need to write a book !!

wasn’t it Olivia newton johns husband who was reported to have faked his own death? I think they might have even tracked him down in the end

Reactions: 3
Ooh how odd is that — you seriously need to write a book !!

wasn’t it Olivia newton johns husband who was reported to have faked his own death? I think they might have even tracked him down in the end
He did - and he's been "seen" by several people ... this is just one account:

• Wow
I had a grim experience on the Paris metro when I was 21. Not going to tell the story as I don't want to trigger people. It was a long time ago and I am over it, but I will never forget his face. Ever.

Reading all these stories makes me so sad (and angry) that girls and women have to live looking over our shoulders at all times. We can never drop our guards. Ever! :(
The Paris metro is full of gross people! I was on a very busy metro with some au-pair friends ( I was a nanny at the time), and this guy is squashed up close to me, and is rubbing his body against my back. At first I thought he was just trying to move closer to let more people onto the carriage, so I moved round a little. He also moved round, and, once we’d got off, one of my friends said it was definitely intentional and sexual in nature.
Less invasive and less gross is the guy who sat opposite me on a train journey home from Paris to the suburbs. First I felt his foot brush up my leg, so I thought maybe I was in his way or something, so I turned/tucked my legs away, but he continued and actually brushed his foot all the way up my lower leg. I think I ended up moving and sitting next to/opposite a lady instead, and may even have changed carriages.

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
When me and my friends turned 21 we went on a girly holiday to Paris, sadly there were a lot of creepy experiences. A waiter took a shine to me and made me a heart shaped pizza and kept giving free drinks (it was green had no idea what it was, didn’t drink it) then he got out a map and showed a hotel and said we should go there together. Me and my friends left after this and he chased us down the street. We also had single men in cars stop continually and ask us to get in the car with them. I wouldn’t describe myself as someone extremely sexy or showy or anything like that, I’m pretty normal, but was just getting continuously inappropriately propositioned, men walked past saying “sex machine”, we sat outside a cafe and an older man came and started stroking my arm. Even a married man walked past with his wife, pushing a pram with a baby in and two other young children with them and he turned and winked at me. Never been more glad to get back to England were I blend in with the pavement 😂. Too creepy for me all that.
I used to get lots of unwanted attention from old men in Spain, sometimes they were even with their wives. Being blonde and busty, I used to get a lot of « Hola guapa/rubia » ( hi pretty/blondie) with a lecherous look/wink/ glance up and down, lingering on my chest area. I took to going out with no makeup, dirty hair that was tied up and really baggy clothes, but to no avail!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
When I was young I remember one of my grandmother's friends telling her about a car journey her daughter had just been on, as the daughter was driving along she saw a woman hitch hiking on the side of the road being a good citizen she pulled over and offered the woman a lift. After putting her bag in the boot the woman got in the front seat and off they went chatting away. A while later the daughter caught a glimpse of the passengers legs beneath her skirt and thought wow what hairy legs she has. A while later she pulled over the lady got out and the daughter drove home. When she went to get her shopping out the boot she remember the woman had left her bag behind but when she looked inside she got the shock of her life as inside the bag was a wrapped blanket concealing an axe. Safe to day she never stopped for a hitch hiker again.

On a date night one of my husbands relatives got a phone call from their baby sitter asking if they would be home soon as she couldn't get their toddler settled, about 5 minutes after putting him to bed he would start crying and everytime she went up he would be standing at the end of the cot looking at the corner of the room crying. Frustrated she phoned the parents saying he won't settle he just keeps crying at that huge clown doll that have sat on the chair in the corner of the room. His mum on the phone calmly told the sitter to take the baby and get out of the house straite away whilst she called the police. There was no huge clown sized doll in the house.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
It's absolutely not safe for tourists. When he arrived the bride insisted that a family member picked us up from the airport, said a taxi from airport wouldn't be safe. Have to say the British consulate were amazing. They issued us emergency paperwork (our passports were taken) and got us on a flight out straight away.
My dad was mugged somewhere in South Africa too, when he was out on a morning run. He’s never spoken about it/I’ve never asked, but I think they had weapons and were very threatening/scary. He has understandably never been back there.

• Sad
When I was young I remember one of my grandmother's friends telling her about a car journey her daughter had just been on, as the daughter was driving along she saw a woman hitch hiking on the side of the road being a good citizen she pulled over and offered the woman a lift. After putting her bag in the boot the woman got in the front seat and off they went chatting away. A while later the daughter caught a glimpse of the passengers legs beneath her skirt and thought wow what hairy legs she has. A while later she pulled over the lady got out and the daughter drove home. When she went to get her shopping out the boot she remember the woman had left her bag behind but when she looked inside she got the shock of her life as inside the bag was a wrapped blanket concealing an axe. Safe to day she never stopped for a hitch hiker again.

On a date night one of my husbands relatives got a phone call from their baby sitter asking if they would be home soon as she couldn't get their toddler settled, about 5 minutes after putting him to bed he would start crying and everytime she went up he would be standing at the end of the cot looking at the corner of the room crying. Frustrated she phoned the parents saying he won't settle he just keeps crying at that huge clown doll that have sat on the chair in the corner of the room. His mum on the phone calmly told the sitter to take the baby and get out of the house straite away whilst she called the police. There was no huge clown sized doll in the house.
this clown story is such an urban legend, i have heard it from about a million people about a friend of theirs

Reactions: 27
Oh talking of clowns! We took my friends on holiday about 10 years ago, and one of them came down the stairs in the middle of the night, because she was certain the speakers were playing "Send In The Clowns." The speakers weren't even on and there wasn't a disc in there!
She was certain it was coming from the living room, and the downstairs was open plan. There's hardly any houses around there either.

• Wow
this clown story is such an urban legend, i have heard it from about a million people about a friend of theirs
i have heard the story about the hitch hiker since the 70s. There is another one about a young courting couple who ran out of petrol in a remote rural area. The bloke decided to take his petrol can to the nearest garage which was a couple of miles away. Before he set off he warned his young girl friend to lock all the car doors and not to leave the car on any account as there had been an item on the news earlier about a dangerous killer being on the lose in the area!
The nervous girl sat alone in the car listening to the radio and after about an hour she heard a noise on the car roof followed by loud banging on the car roof. She didn't dare get out of the car until about an hour later several police cars appear along with an ambulance all sirens blaring. She wound down the window and faced a young policewoman who gently instructed her to leave the car and look straight ahead not at the car roof. It transpired that the banging on the roof had been her boyfriend being pummelled to death by this killer featured on the news
That was a popular urban myth in the 70s as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Myself and my husband in 2014 were in Ibiza and on a speedboat trip , there were about 15 of us on this boat, everyone was chatting amongst themselves and me and hubby were watching this huge yacht type boat and were saying wow how big and luxurious it was ….anyway then we started panicking and saying duck it’s going to fit through what look like a tunnel through a cave ….expecting it to come out when other side we were like omg it’s got stuck!!! Any way out boat started to go over in that direction and duck me it was a hollow cave no exit and even creepier no boat!!!!!!!!!!!! No one else saw it …. Me and hubby to this day never forgot it and swear we saw a ghost ship!!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Myself and my husband in 2014 were in Ibiza and on a speedboat trip , there were about 15 of us on this boat, everyone was chatting amongst themselves and me and hubby were watching this huge yacht type boat and were saying wow how big and luxurious it was ….anyway then we started panicking and saying duck it’s going to fit through what look like a tunnel through a cave ….expecting it to come out when other side we were like omg it’s got stuck!!! Any way out boat started to go over in that direction and duck me it was a hollow cave no exit and even creepier no boat!!!!!!!!!!!! No one else saw it …. Me and hubby to this day never forgot it and swear we saw a ghost ship!!!!!!
Fata Morgana?

Reactions: 2
Fata Morgana?
Lol I just had to Google what that meant 🙈

but no I don’t believe it was that we were pretty close a few 100ft away we saw it clear as day we even have it on film not the boat but u can hear me and my husband say omg where has it gone and then we stark asking others and they are like what are you talking about !

• Wow
This is spine-tingling (just a short read, then watch the video):
... I really think it was the lady mentioned in the article who moved it!

Lol I just had to Google what that meant 🙈

but no I don’t believe it was that we were pretty close a few 100ft away we saw it clear as day we even have it on film not the boat but u can hear me and my husband say omg where has it gone and then we stark asking others and they are like what are you talking about !
I did too! 🤭

Wow ... I would've wanted to go closer and see what happened. I wonder if anyone else has ever seen that apparition in the same location (it always happens in the same place).

I definitely believe in ghost cars, boats, etc. ... - a spirit can attach themselves to anything. I often work late at night and in the wee small hours and live in the middle of nowhere (which can sometimes be scary). I can often hear that tick-tick-tick of a VW Beetle ... I don't know of anyone who has one or had one (other than me), but it's highly possible whoever lived here at some point before us had one (or had ties to one). I also hear the gravel surrounding our house crushing, as though someone's walking on it ... but there's definitely no-one there. I'm hearing impaired and often will remove my hearing aids if I'm just working on something quietly where I don't need to hear; and I still hear the VW and walking on the gravel then, too. We do have a house ghost - he likes to let us know when he's present by emitting cigarette smoke - but he's not malevolent.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I can't make my own thread but I wondered if anyone here has ever felt absolute evil off of someone for no real reason before? Maybe even afterwards found out they were a dangerous person who did something bad.

When I was about 15 I was home alone at night, only about 11pm but my mum was due home from work around 11.30pm. I was on the computer in the hall, at the bottom of our stairs and beside the front door. Old school, having to use the phone line to use the internet :LOL: I was on MSN to my step brother who told me this clown story. Being home alone I was already on edge and convinced I could hear noises. I swear to god I was petrified. I literally took off. Pelted it out the front door in my socks, pissing down rain, freezing out and went and stood at the corner of our estate waiting for my mum to drive in. She was really worried seeing my stood there in the rain in my socks haha. Step brother got the head ate off him for telling me silly stories whilst home alone :p

Reactions: 4
I can't make my own thread but I wondered if anyone here has ever felt absolute evil off of someone for no real reason before? Maybe even afterwards found out they were a dangerous person who did something bad.
Not quite evil vibes, but a gut feeling that the person can’t be trusted, that has been bang on several times.
I changed schools, aged 15, there was one girl who, while very pretty, just gave me « do not trust/become friends with » vibes. I was always polite to her, and she was civil to me, but that was it. A new girl starts, « do not trust » girl befriends newbie. She tells newbie we can leave school during breaks to smoke, they go down the road to a hidden spot by the river and have their cigarette. They get caught and reprimanded, and « do not trust » pins all the blame on newbie!
Then, later, at uni, I met a mate’s dad at a church event. The rest of the family ( his mum and two siblings) are just delightful, really lovely, but he gives off really dodgy vibes, even though he was quite nice/funny ( though he made a « joke » about his younger son « being a pimp somewhere » when he grew up). Turns out he was repeatedly cheating on mate’s mum/his wife ( one of the people he had an affair with/tried it on with was mum’s best mate and sister) as well as being physically and verbally abusive to her. Wouldn’t pay child support ( kids may have been technically old enough to not need it, but still studying/living at home) and he had really gross stuff on his computer.
On the other hand, I am really good at finding kind, helpful people if I am lost/need help/directions.

Reactions: 4