What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is so sad, we really shouldn’t have to put up with this. My scariest story was when I was working in Zante when I was 18 (2010). I’d met someone on Facebook who lived locally before I went there and was planning to meet up when there, he said he would look after me as he was a bit older. We met up, and during the first week he got me so drunk that I blacked out for part of it, and then he raped me.
At the time I blamed myself and thought it wasn’t rape as I was drunk. It’s only recently I realise that it was as it wasn’t consensual and I blacked out for most of it (luckily!). He would take the piss out of me for my remaining time out there (ended up being 8 weeks instead of 14). When we got home, he would then up at the bar I worked to see me. Luckily, I haven’t seen him for years now.
My ex would also make me have sex with him without consent (I felt like I had to). He would make me do things that I never wanted to do. I gave in to shut him up. That was only 3 years ago and my sex life is damaged because of it now. My current boyfriend is lovely but I can’t ever have sex sober now as I get so nervous.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
This thread is so sad, we really shouldn’t have to put up with this. My scariest story was when I was working in Zante when I was 18 (2010). I’d met someone on Facebook who lived locally before I went there and was planning to meet up when there, he said he would look after me as he was a bit older. We met up, and during the first week he got me so drunk that I blacked out for part of it, and then he raped me.
At the time I blamed myself and thought it wasn’t rape as I was drunk. It’s only recently I realise that it was as it wasn’t consensual and I blacked out for most of it (luckily!). He would take the piss out of me for my remaining time out there (ended up being 8 weeks instead of 14). When we got home, he would then up at the bar I worked to see me. Luckily, I haven’t seen him for years now.
My ex would also make me have sex with him without consent (I felt like I had to). He would make me do things that I never wanted to do. I gave in to shut him up. That was only 3 years ago and my sex life is damaged because of it now. My current boyfriend is lovely but I can’t ever have sex sober now as I get so nervous.
I am so sorry for this, as you can see here you are far from alone with this. If you can I would really suggest trying to find a therapist or something to help you to overcome this (obv I know this is not always possible)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think this is one of the saddest posts I've read on this thread, the fact that your bad experiences have tainted your view of what should be a wonderful experience. I sincerely hope that with time, you are able to regain your trust and be happy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Taking this back to paranormal, I did a ouija board when I was 12-13 with two friends. It picked up on our grandparents, when my one was speaking it said things I'd never spoken about to either of them and the glass moved by itself without me moving it, I have no idea how. Haven't dabbled with it since :oops:

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think this is one of the saddest posts I've read on this thread, the fact that your bad experiences have tainted your view of what should be a wonderful experience. I sincerely hope that with time, you are able to regain your trust and be happy.
I hope so too, I feel bad for my boyfriend as there’s nothing he can say to help me. I’ll go back to therapy one day, when I can afford to. I’ve also had other bad experiences with men including being touched (as in fingers) in clubs and taken advantage of by people you think you can trust. A family member also tried to groom me but luckily I was quite aware at a young age what was right or wrong, so that quickly stopped as I told my mum. I don’t trust men at all now and always think the worst is going to happen x

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Taking this back to paranormal, I did a ouija board when I was 12-13 with two friends. It picked up on our grandparents, when my one was speaking it said things I'd never spoken about to either of them and the glass moved by itself without me moving it, I have no idea how. Haven't dabbled with it since :oops:
When we did them at school around the same age we’d get one person in turn to lift their finger off and ask a question the others didn’t know the answer to (stuff like granny’s middle name or uncle’s dog’s name) and the answers were always right! We’d get so freaked out we’d usually stop 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When I was in uni, living in an apartment with several other girls, I received a No Caller ID phone call that I answered. I was totally shaken when I heard someone literally screaming down the phone. When I say screaming, I don’t mean shouting, I mean screaming as someone screams in a film when they’re being murdered. It was literally someone screaming, then a pause, then screaming, then a pause. I was so freaked out I just hung up, ran out of my room to tell everyone, and then as I’m telling the girls what had happened, I got ANOTHER call, and the exact same thing happened in front of these girls. I had it on speaker and we were all stood there gathered around my phone, staring at it, horrified and confused, as this screaming just continued. Eventually, one of the meeker girls surprised me - because some of us louder and more confident ones were stood there truly petrified because it was just so WEIRD - by completely screaming back at them in the exact same fashion when there was a pause. At this point this broke the ice and we all started laughing and I felt a little bit safer after that, she made it feel less scary.

I couldn’t tell whether it was a female or a male, it was just someone screaming at the absolute top of their lungs. Personally to me it felt and sounded like a really sick form of death threat. I felt totally threatened and I still to this day wonder who it was calling me like that and doing that. To make things weirder, I got more of these calls over the next few hours - spaced out over the duration of the night. I ignored them mostly, but it always freaks me out that they CONTINUED to call, as if someone actually sat and dedicated a night to doing that. It was someone who obviously wanted to scare me really badly. Shudder.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
When I was chilling in the woods at the bottom of my street with some friends and we all saw a ghost walk up the path and disappear! First and only time I seen a ghost and it freaked me! Never went in those woods again, especially alone.

• Wow
When we did them at school around the same age we’d get one person in turn to lift their finger off and ask a question the others didn’t know the answer to (stuff like granny’s middle name or uncle’s dog’s name) and the answers were always right! We’d get so freaked out we’d usually stop 😂
I was with a group of friends and we did the ouija board while on LSD, it was chaos 😂😂 honestly can just remember absolute paranoia and fear. Ever since even the mention of ouija board makes me on edge.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Its hard to pick one. I've had a 'visitation' from a deceased loved-one . I've also encountered something other-worldly involving shape-shifting and a UFO, whilst on holidays in the south-east of Ireland one summer night .
I've also been the victim of a nasty...attack.
To elaborate here would take too long - there's a book in all of it tbh.
The first incident I experienced whilst with i was with my husband, the second when I was with sister, son and niece. No-one will talk about what we experienced because it was all really so scary.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Its hard to pick one. I've had a 'visitation' from a deceased loved-one . I've also encountered something other-worldly involving shape-shifting and a UFO, whilst on holidays in the south-east of Ireland one summer night .
I've also been the victim of a nasty...attack.
To elaborate here would take too long - there's a book in all of it tbh.
The first incident I experienced whilst with i was with my husband, the second when I was with sister, son and niece. No-one will talk about what we experienced because it was all really so scary.
have you stayed in the same house/flat since?
Also you should go to the ghost stories thread!

Reactions: 5
have you stayed in the same house/flat since?
Also you should go to the ghost stories thread!
The first took place in my old family home, in the dead of night,- my husband and I were just staying there to clear it out, readying it for the market. There was quite a bit of ‘funny’ stuff went on at that time actually.
And thank you, I’ll check out that thread👍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Haven’t posted on here in ages but been having a good read of this and thought id share something..not my story actually it’s my mums

My mum grew up in a little town on the south coast and went to school with these twins, two girls, she said growing up they were weird and very quiet, moody children. quite insular. Well call them Judy and Jane.

Mum grew up, got married, moved away.. anyway she comes back to her old town one year and runs into Judy. Even though they were never particularly friendly my mum stopped and chatted to her briefly (it was a small town so even people who weren’t friends knew each other’s business, enough to hold a conversation, if that makes sense). She said the conversation was slightly stilted but they chatted for a minute and then went on their separate ways. One thing my mum asked was how Jane was, “oh she’s fine,” was the response, “still lives with me”. Didnt elaborate much

A few months later my mum heard on the grapevine that Judy had been arrested for obstruction of a burial, turns out jane had died in her sleep about 18 months prior and Judy had kept her body in her bedroom and hadn’t reported it!! Someone else had flagged Jane as missing eventually and the police went round and found the body. Whenever anyone asked Judy about Jane (my mum included) she’d always say she was fine when in reality she’d been keeping her mummified body upstairs!!!!

i actually think more than anything it’s really sad no one missed this poor woman for 18 months!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Mines not as awful as some of the stories I’ve read on here but it’s weird/creepy. I had a best friend in secondary school we where both in lower 6th so we where around 16/17. She was a few months older than me so I would have still been 16. My friend had started dating this older guy who was like 23. On our lunch hour in school he would have came down and seen her at the school gates and sometimes I would have been with her. Not long after they’d started dating he started texting me saying how much he fancied me and how we should meet up etc bare in mind I was really really naïve at 16. I had never been with a guy, slept with a guy etc so tbh I was flattered that he was txting me at first also dumb and naive. Then he started sending me really sexually explicit txt messages about what he wanted to do to me and I had no idea what any of it meant I just knew it made me feel uncomfortable and it was wrong. I was embarrassed to tell my friend about any of it because she’d recently told me he’d got her pregnant. Anyway I did eventually tell her as the messages he was sending where making me so uncomfortable and turned out he’d went through her phone and got a lot of her friends numbers and had been texting us all the same sort of messages. She still stayed in a relationship with him for a few years after that and had another kid with him but we drifted apart once we left school and I didn’t see her as much but seen him a few months ago when he came into my work and he still give me the creeps 🤮🤮

• Wow
  • Sick
A few years ago I worked (and I use that term loosely - we worked in the same building, for the same company, and I knew them enough to smile and say "hi" to in passing) with someone who passed away in a car crash. The details were skant because it was pre- the internet and what we heard was from higher-ups in a very formal capacity.

This person had a bit of a unique look and style about them, so they stood out in a crowd; plus, they had some quite unusual facial features.

A few times in the past six months, I swear I've seen them - the older version of themselves - out and about. I live in the middle of nowhere, where neighbours typically mind their own business and although there are a few community groups, for the most part people keep to themselves ... so it would be very easy to blend in and go unnoticed.

The first time I saw them, they held my gaze and looked a bit spooked as if they'd been caught out; on subsequent occasions they've looked my way but continued their gaze - as if to give the impression that they are looking around at their surroundings, not at me directly.

It is creepy and could just be a coincidence, but I don't think so ... their eyes are exactly how I remembered them (very bright blue), the nose is an unusual shape and bent at the tip, and the quirky dress style is the same. If it is them, they obviously had their reasons for (presumably) faking their death.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
A few years ago I worked (and I use that term loosely - we worked in the same building, for the same company, and I knew them enough to smile and say "hi" to in passing) with someone who passed away in a car crash. The details were skant because it was pre- the internet and what we heard was from higher-ups in a very formal capacity.

This person had a bit of a unique look and style about them, so they stood out in a crowd; plus, they had some quite unusual facial features.

A few times in the past six months, I swear I've seen them - the older version of themselves - out and about. I live in the middle of nowhere, where neighbours typically mind their own business and although there are a few community groups, for the most part people keep to themselves ... so it would be very easy to blend in and go unnoticed.

The first time I saw them, they held my gaze and looked a bit spooked as if they'd been caught out; on subsequent occasions they've looked my way but continued their gaze - as if to give the impression that they are looking around at their surroundings, not at me directly.

It is creepy and could just be a coincidence, but I don't think so ... their eyes are exactly how I remembered them (very bright blue), the nose is an unusual shape and bent at the tip, and the quirky dress style is the same. If it is them, they obviously had their reasons for (presumably) faking their death.
Bonkers. If I were going to fake my death, I'd have surgery and start dressing differently. Especially if I had unique facial features. Are you temped to speak to him/her?

Reactions: 7

Wow....I'd trust your instincts.

Reactions: 12
Bonkers. If I were going to fake my death, I'd have surgery and start dressing differently. Especially if I had unique facial features. Are you temped to speak to him/her?
Only if I felt they were in some danger in some way, to ask if they're okay ... they obviously recognised me (although I haven't changed much at all over the years either). If I hadn't known there was an accident that apparently caused their death - just that they were missing, then I would definitely have said something. It is so bizarre because I remember my boss at the time took the afternoon off to attend the funeral.

Reactions: 11

Ooh this gave me the shivers .. I have just posted a very similar story about the ex partner of a former work colleague.. if you go on my post history you will find it. I personally think some of us have doppelgängers of sorts who can remain active after the “main person” dies.

just a question, does the one you see seem to have aged at all?
Edit: ignore me ive just re read and seen you mentioned they look older.

• Wow
Ooh this gave me the shivers .. I have just posted a very similar story about the ex partner of a former work colleague.. if you go on my post history you will find it. I personally think some of us have doppelgängers of sorts who can remain active after the “main person” dies.

just a question, does the one you see seem to have aged at all?
Wow! Oh my gosh, I will certainly go and have a look!

Yes, to aging. Creases around the eyes, nose and mouth (salt and pepper hair, too) ... just usual aging stuff. They were in their 20s when they "died" and would now be in their 50s.

I do agree about the doppelganger theory but the behaviour of this person when they first saw me really stood out.