What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are scary real life stories. I'm frightened when my children grow up and start going out without me.

About 20 years ago I was in my 2nd year of uni and shared a house with 3 others, they had gone home or away for the weekend and I was home alone. One of the evenings and it was quite dark, cant remember which night, there was a knock on the door. I opened it and a man was there with a clipboard and a high vis coat asking if he can come in to do a meter reading. He apologised for leaving his ID Badge at home. I said no, as he had no ID badge. He showed me some paperwork and I still said no. He then asked are you refusing to let me in? I said yes and quickly shut the door.

Next day I asked the neighbours if they had anyone knocking on their door to check their meter readings and they replied no. Later on when they saw me they said they rang the meter company and they advised we dont send anyone without ID badge that late.

I often think what would've happened if I did let him in the house. It makes me shudder.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
A previous story sorta reminded me of the two I have below.

I was going to our local pub/nightclub and I forgot my ID one night when I was younger and the doorman explained due to the cctv above he had to see mine so I got my sister to drive down with it, I stayed outside chatting to him while I waited. In that time a car drove up with a lady shouting and screaming at said doorman and accusing me of being his new woman (I was mortified as I was only 18 and he was in his 40s and she made such a scene people heard) she drove round a few laps and done the same and he explained that it was his ex wife, she would drive 50mins down to where he was working numerous times and do this. About two months later they were both found dead in a car in the woods, he’d poisoned them both by carbon monoxide. It was very sad as they had young kids.

On another note I used to go out with a guy who’s exes mother was a convicted murderer for a very similar crime, not sure if you remember the story of the dentist in NI who conspired with his lover to kill their respective spouses. (James Nesbit did an itv dramatisation of it a few years back) anyway the daughter regularly visited the mother and believed whole heartedly she was innocent. She also would continually send some ridiculous made up messages about me to him when she didn’t know me! The whole thing ended up becoming completely bizarre and I ended up ending it with him because she got so intense!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Oh wow that’s really bad I bet dodgy men often hang round clubbing places in Ibiza etc to try an take advantage of paralytic girls

Wasn’t there a story of a man/men in Ibiza kissing girls and transporting basically a rape drug into their mouth in the process? (Gross) I don’t know if it was reported to the police but I remember seeing actual video footage of him doing it in a nightclub in Ibiza on a Facebook group warning everyone off him. Think he used to dress up in a pirates of the Caribbean costume. Girls from the group remembered seeing him on nights out with no recollection after, though some knew they had been raped either by him or men who put him up to it was the other theory 🤷‍♀️I’ve been to Ibiza a few times and while it’s a lovely island my first time there wasn’t great, I’m sure I’ve blanked it out and put it down to drink but I do know it wasn’t a good experience and my head genuinely won’t register it.[
[QUOTE=Wasn’t there a story of a man/men in Ibiza kissing girls and transporting basically a rape drug into their mouth in the process? (Gross) I don’t know if it was reported to the police but I remember seeing actual video footage of him doing it in a nightclub in Ibiza on a Facebook group warning everyone off him. Think he used to dress up in a pirates of the Caribbean costume. Girls from the group remembered seeing him on nights out with no recollection after, though some knew they had been raped either by him or men who put him up to it was the other theory 🤷‍♀️I’ve been to Ibiza a few times and while it’s a lovely island my first time there wasn’t great, I’m sure I’ve blanked it out and put it down to drink but I do know it wasn’t a good experience and my head genuinely won’t register it.[

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Sending every single poster here a huge HUG ♥ I think, having read through this thread, that we can all agree on one thing- men are trash 👎 who the hell do these creeps think they are? Not as bad as some of your stories by a long stretch, but when I worked in that pub (I was 15/16, far too young to be there really, my mum wasn't happy with me working there but I initially wanted to and insisted), I was a bar waitress, took drinks orders, collected glasses etc, I spent most of the shifts standing/walking around. I working during the country music band night every Saturday and there was one particular man there nearly every week, in his 40s maybe, who was always drunk and slurry, always complimenting me and putting his arms around me, pulled me down onto his lap a couple of times. I hated it and dreaded seeing him, but it's weird, at the time I thought that he wasn't really meaning me any harm and I thought he was just drunk, but I see now how inappropriate it was, especially given my age. But the worst one that I knew wasn't right - the last one, actually - was he put his arm around my shoulder when I was standing at the bar, and he pulled me in and licked my ear. It was absolutely disgusting 🤮 and the men all working there seen it and thought it was hilarious 🙄 I left not long after (was wanting out anyway) and was so relieved to get out of there.

Your stories about seeing figures are so scary, and I'm now worried I'm going to start seeing them 😅 I've never seen a person but there have been a couple of occasions when I've woken up and seen things that weren't there, like the hallway table beside the bed, I seen it clear as day and wondered why it had been put there. I reached my hand out to touch it but it just went through it, and it shortly faded away, very strange.

Another story, not a creepy thing to happen to me as such, but something (and someone) I find very creepy... I had the misfortune of living with this girl in uni during first year in halls, and she was a pathological liar. She told me this whole story about how she was raped by a man her father knew. I was so upset for her and felt sick to my stomach about the whole thing, she then told my friend who also lived with us about it then next day, except every single detail was different. She told me that the man had moved abroad, and that if her daddy knew, "he would get on a plane to kill him"... but she told my friend he lived in a nearby town and she still seen him around, and he smirked at her when he seen her. I asked her gently, "did you not say he moved away?" she heard me asking, but carried on talking as if she hadn't. I know if something like that happened your mind could play tricks and change/block things out, but she changed the entire story, including the man and where and how it happened, and we're absolutely certain she made the whole thing up. And how dare she? It absolutely disgusts me how somebody could lie about something so horrific that so many people have had to go through, including my best friend 😠 I know for sure that she is a pathological liar as she lied about other things all the time, she seemed to lie about everything and thrive on drama - all of it make-believe. Get this! She sent text messages to herself, and saved her number as our other friends' boyfriend's name, and made out that he was texting her all these flirty things when he wasn't, she was sending them to herself to make it look that way. We checked the number. She also made up a boy she pretended to be seeing, and told us all these wild, crazy, passionate sex stories, her phone rang and she had told us it was him phoning to arrange hooking up etc... well, she left her phone unattended later and we couldn't help but have a look to see... and it was her brother who had phoned her 😂we just went with it, just to see how much she would continue to lie, and she did! I was so glad when she moved out of our halls, I had zero time for her, couldn't stand her by that stage. And then there was one time years after uni, I was fundraising outside a supermarket and she was there and stopped to talk to me, told me about how her father had brain cancer and he'd just had brain surgery and was lying in the hospital fighting for his life, I told her I was so sorry to hear that. I was gutted for her and I thought surely she wouldn't lie about such a thing. Well, I seen him a couple of days later doing a grocery shop in Tesco with her brothers, he was in perfectly fine health!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The scariest thing to happen to me was realising how someone can change your personality through abuse.
It took me years to see the impact.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
The scariest thing to happen to me was realising how someone can change your personality through abuse.
It took me years to see the impact.
I'm currently going through this. I used to be such a bubbly, happy girl and now I feel angry and bitter.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I'm currently going through this. I used to be such a bubbly, happy girl and now I feel angry and bitter.
I hope you're ok (and to the other poster who had their personality ruined). Defintiely get some help I'm seeking counselling which is really helping so I wish I'd got help hears ago but unfortunately I thought it was too late or i was ruined.

I hope you're ok (and to the other poster who had their personality ruined). Defintiely get some help I'm seeking counselling which is really helping so I wish I'd got help hears ago but unfortunately I thought it was too late or i was ruined.
Please dont think your ruined! To get out of a relationship like that you are really strong!
I've had counselling and Cbt and still have my days where I think why?... but my ex just disgusts me. He has no consideration for anyone but himself. Be proud of yourself for finding the strength to leave.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’ve got a few stories but here’s one...
One day me and my partner and kids were in a really old pub. It dated back to the 16th century so there were stories about ghosts etc. We walked outside and there was a metal pole sticking up out of the ground. It didn’t look like anything interesting and we didn’t even notice it until my daughter who was about 4 pointed to it and said let’s go and see the water pump. We said it was just metal pole and walked over to it but there was a plaque at the bottom to say it was actually a water pump. When we asked how she knew what it was she said “because I seen the lady with her wooden bucket collecting water from it”
Okkkk!! We left it at that. Later on when I was putting her to bed I asked again about this lady who she had seen and what did she look like. She said she was just a lady who was dressed like Jesus mummy! Freaked out! She also used to wake up most nights crying saying there was a big black bear in her bedroom looking at her. She’s never said anything since and think maybe it was just a childhood thing 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 16
When I still lived at home (I still call my parents ‘home’), I had a figure that appeared at the end of my bed which woke me every night between 3-4am. Happened every night for years! For some reason I believed it was a female, with long dark hair, in a nightgown (old fashioned type) and sometimes she would walk back towards the wall and disappear 😳. It never scared me or made me upset, and I settled back to sleep easily.

I had a reading the following year (for other reasons- separated from an ex and was obvs looking for answers/ comfort 🧐) but the lady mentioned this figure and told me it’s a relative from Ireland who died young of cancer and is my guardian..!

I’ve not seen her since I have moved out. What do you guys think? Ghost? Guardian angel? A case of sleep walk/ talk or just bat tit cray cray? 😂
My mum had a similar experience. She grew up in an old Victorian house in Muswell Hill, and she recalls that over a period of about 18 months she had a man figure appear in her room almost every night. He would appear by the fireplace - she wasn't afraid but instead felt a sense of calm. I don't remember the entire story but I recall something about him passing her a message.

She's a pretty smart and switched on person and doesn't buy in to the occult or ghosts etc but she is adamant to this day that this happened to her.

I'm not sure what I think but I do tend to believe her account and I think some people are naturally more in tune with this sort of thing.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I used to work on a beauty counter doing facials, makeovers etc.. and I had an elderly lady who would come in every 6 weeks for a facial, always bringing who we presumed was her son as he looked quite abit younger than her, he was 55.

He would always bring his walking aid which could also be used as a seat and would sit and wait while the lady had her treatment, I always noticed how he would look at legs on girls who walked past. This was in a beauty hall so girls were the majority.

We had a counter phone to contact customers and for them to contact us to book appointments, ask questions etc..
I was on my day off and my manager tried contacting me, when I eventually spoke to her she said how this man who always came in with the elderly lady had left 5 voicemails on our counter phone.

Each voicemail was addressed to me and was him saying exactly what he wanted to do me in detail.. while apparently sounding like he was thinking about it and acting on the thoughts 🤢 My manager had to then ait in the office listening to the voicemails on loudspeaker with our store manager & 2 police officers, I was advised not to listen to the messages and so have never thankfully heard them. The man was banned from the store and I was offered the security guard to walk me to my car if needed

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I made an account purely to share this. I’ve never ever spoken about it before but after reading almost all of these stories I feel like I can/should.

So when I was at uni (200 miles from home) I house shared with 5 others in a huge Victorian house (rooms very spaced apart)

I’d met a guy online on a dating app (I can’t remember the name but around the time of plenty of fish) I think It was a pink and blue coloured app?! Anyway.

We met up and went for something to eat, it was REALLY muggy and hot and I remember he wasn’t very attractive in the heat (just didn’t fancy him but whatever)
Anyway after we had food he said I want to go to the cinema and this parts a bit of a blur because I don’t really remember how or why we didn’t end up going but it got really late really fast. I wonder looking back did he spike my drink or something because I just can’t really make anything out from the evening after the food?!

It got to like 1 am (I think) and public transport had stopped or became really slowed (1 bus an hour) so he suggested a taxi home for me. He said he’d ride with me then I could jump out and he’d take it home and pay the whole thing. I went with it.

When we got to mine he just got out! I was kind of embarrassed to say anything (I was 19) and he was a fair bit older I’d say maybe 28-33 and was so sure of himself. Because he’d paid I just didn’t say anything - I felt stupid. He came inside and said ‘is there a sofa I can stay on? It’s so late’ I said yeah and then he asked if he could shower first because it was so muggy and hot. I said yeah. I just gave him a towel, showed him the sofa downstairs and asked him to be quiet because others lived there.

I remember going up to my room and I could hear him showering then it turned off and about 10 minuets later a little knock on my door. He just came in (no locks - sadly)
This WHOLE next part is a blur. Could have only been 5 minuets and he was ontop of me. I remember he was only in pants and his penis was so hard, in a scary way.. and he didn’t get it out it was just pushing through the material in his boxers really aggressively. He started pushing it almost inside me (with the boxers still on) and kept saying ‘I know you want it’ ‘I know how much you want it’ I felt so bleeping embarrassed. I remember thinking how much I wanted the girl who’s room was down the hall to just wake up and come in but I felt I couldn’t scream I couldn’t even make a noise tbh.

He eventually went all the way and it was over in seconds.

He just rolled over and went to sleep.
Won’t go into detail about the rest but I’m kind of only realising now... about 9 years later. That was rape.
Im so sorry you’ve gone through this, you should report it. It was rape and I bet he has a history of it. It may help you if you do report it, even if you can’t remember much about him, the police will still have a record of it and it may help identify him by his MO or other things that may be similar that other girls may have experienced in the area.
I’m so sorry you had to go through this. Some men should be chemically castrated if you ask me, no one has the right to do that to another human being. Sending love to you sunflower xx

Reactions: 7
Just remembered another, recently I was walking home from the school run with a friend, our kids were running ahead as we were in a playing field, we could see them the whole time. We saw a teenage boy approach them and noticed that my son grabbed his sister and put himself in front of her and their friend was shaking her head, we drew level with them and I asked if the kids were okay, the teenager laughed and ran off. Asked the kids what had happened and he had asked them to go with him, when they said no he said to my youngest go on, just you I'll buy sweets!! I ran after him and managed to get his name and address from another kid who knew him and took it to the police who said he was known to them but as he is only 12 they are restricted on what they do!

They also had a go at me for not holding their hand, it was a play area!!! I really don't understand to this day how our lack of hand holding in a play area was the crime that day!
This is infuriating!!! At 12 you know this isn't right. Police shouldn't be restricted into. What they can do. This shoukd ring MASSIVE alarm bells. Is the boy being abused? Did they check in him, did they check his family.
We've seen time and time again what happens when situations like this are left to grow. I hope they boy is in the SS radar and they are keeping an eye on him and his family.

Reactions: 7
Thankfully mine isn't anything 'real' but recently u have been having episodes of sleep paralysis and its terrifying.
I end up in a state of my mind being awake but my body being completely frozen. I can't move, I can't speak, I can't scream and as I'm mid way between sleep I hallucinate.
The last one I remember vividly (I have very vivid dreams!) I was lying in my front. Face to the left and I felt my other half behind me. But he sleeps on my left.
The thing was moving, creeping over me. I tried to scream but I couldn't open my mouth. I couldn't Move.i couldn't do anything.
In my head I could hear myself whimper and I lay there staring at my sleeping OH.
I panic that I won't properly wake up and that I won't be able to control my breathing. But somehow my body starts to wake as I try to mive my eyes.
It's awful but thankfully it's not real in the sense.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Thankfully mine isn't anything 'real' but recently u have been having episodes of sleep paralysis and its terrifying.
I end up in a state of my mind being awake but my body being completely frozen. I can't move, I can't speak, I can't scream and as I'm mid way between sleep I hallucinate.
The last one I remember vividly (I have very vivid dreams!) I was lying in my front. Face to the left and I felt my other half behind me. But he sleeps on my left.
The thing was moving, creeping over me. I tried to scream but I couldn't open my mouth. I couldn't Move.i couldn't do anything.
In my head I could hear myself whimper and I lay there staring at my sleeping OH.
I panic that I won't properly wake up and that I won't be able to control my breathing. But somehow my body starts to wake as I try to mive my eyes.
It's awful but thankfully it's not real in the sense.
I suffer with this too I feel your pain , it’s the worst thing I’ve ever experienced , I find when I sleep on my back it happens , but sleeping on my side not so much , a doctor told me it’s because your brain wakes up but your body doesn’t , I hate it I feel like I’m locked inside my own body when it happens

Reactions: 10
Another...

Went on holiday to Greece with my friend a few years ago and on our first night ended up in a bar literally not a minute from our hotel.

Ordered drinks, and they gave us some for free. Didn’t think anything of it as it was the owners who made our drinks, although this was stupid of us in hindsight. My friend didn’t like the taste but I didn’t mind it so drank it. Not long after I felt beyond drunk but we hadn’t actually drunk much and not more than we usually would on nights out at home.

My friend had to basically carry me back to the hotel because of the state I was in and I don’t remember anything which isnt like me after drinking. I was also sick numerous times.

Didn’t think anything of it just thought I’d drunk too much and it was my own fault until two nights later when we were chatting to some boys who were trying to get us into the bar they were working for who said if we didn’t go there just to not go to x bar, which of course was the bar which had given us the free drink on the first night.

We asked why and the boys told us they had a reputation for drugging and raping girls and only a week before had spiked a friend of theirs and she’d ended up in hospital. They thought I’d been spiked because of my friend only sipping a free drink and being fine and me drinking it and being in a state. Just so glad my friend didn’t so it was only me in a mess and she was luckily able to look after me and make sure I was ok.

I’ve always been careful about watching my drinks while out and going to the bathroom etc. but for some reason never thought about barmen putting stuff in drinks but after that it seemed so obvious and really put me off going on nights out so that I rarely do anymore.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I suffer with this too I feel your pain , it’s the worst thing I’ve ever experienced , I find when I sleep on my back it happens , but sleeping on my side not so much , a doctor told me it’s because your brain wakes up but your body doesn’t , I hate it I feel like I’m locked inside my own body when it happens
It happens to me if I’m to hot, like I over heat 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I’m my first yeat of uni there was a different club that was the club to go to on each night of the week. So on Thursdays this one specific club was the one to go to and I absolutely hated it the first time I went but just put it down to a bad mood or whatever, so I went a few more times and it was fine but I never actually enjoyed myself. Anyway it was one of my friends bdays and everyone was going to this club so I went and within 30 minutes of being there a guy had grabbed my ass, another had put his hands around my waist and another had started touching the back of my bra as if he was going to unclip it. The first two i kinda thought okay maybe they thought I was someone else from behind but I felt uneasy about it but the third one definitely saw my face and knew he didn’t know me, but then when I turned around to confront him I realised all three of them were together and it was targeted rather than a coincidence from 3 individuals. Anyway my best friend at the time (who was a guy and a few years older than me) saw what happened and came over and asked me if I knew them because he thought that I must’ve done for them to do that. I said no so he went over and decked the third one as he was stood in front of the other two (I don’t usually condone violence but I could’ve kissed him for it 🤣🤣). Anyway I was a bit on edge but it was a friends bday so I stayed at the club, ordered another drink a while later and I paid and the barman put it on the bar, I turned to my bag to put my debit card away and as I turned back the guy that had put his arms around me waist was stood next to me and smiled at me and winked then walked away, I wasn’t really sure what to think of it so I picked up my drink but my best friend (same one as before) grabbed it off of me before I drank any, took it over to the guy who winked at me and poured it over his head, then went and spoke to security and the removed the three guys. Turns out he had put something in my drink without me realising. I think I was so on edge and trying to make it look like I was having a good time that I wasn’t thinking straight. I dread to think what would’ve happened if my friend hadn’t been there or I’d drunk that drink. That night put me off of nights out/drinking and I very very rarely go out at night because of it, I just dread to think what could’ve happened if my friend wasn’t there and looking out for me

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
God these stories are so depressing. Ever single woman I’ve ever known has their own story about being intimidated, assaulted, stalked or in some way accosted by a man. Horrendous.
I have heaps of these kinds of stories. The one that blows my mind now is that when I was about 16, maybe even 15, some 35 year old bloke who lived near us developed a bit of a thing for me. He was married with kids. The kids weren’t that much younger than me. Anyway, he would try and talk to me when I was out and my mom seemed to find it amusing. Then he even delivered flowers and a gold chain and a card to my house. What annoys me most is my mom knew all about this and didn’t do anything. She was honestly completely crap at showing me what was inappropriate and how to be assertive. Her opinion was “this is what men are like.” Cheers very much. Another time her boyfriend’s brother was round at our house. I was probably 18. He was in his 40s. I was on my way out to see friends and he literally pulled me by the arm to try and keep me from going out, asking me to go out with him and trying to feel me up. It was so gross and again my mom did nothing. Bloody stupid woman, honestly.

On another note, now that I’m in my 30s and have stopped going out on ragers I have realised how often I would get blackout drunk and put myself in dangerous situations. It’s a miracle to me that I didn’t get hurt.

• Sad
Reactions: 16