What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go for it, I applied for a job 2 grades above the one I'm in now and I got it. Start next week, better working hours to suit nursery drop offs and just the challenge I need right now to take my mind off lockdown. If you don't succeed then you can ask for feedback and focus on areas to improve on for the future
Aahhhhh fab!! Well done. What industry are you in if you don’t mind me asking?
I don’t hate my current job, it’s decent but this one caught my eye 👁

Reactions: 1
I was part of the year 13s who didn’t get to sit exams last summer so got CAGs. I decided to sit one of the subjects as I thought I could have done better. I got the same grade again, however one of my papers was lost. Only 19 students sat that same paper yet they managed to lose mine. Since I got my results I’ve been trying to get the exam board to at least apologise for losing my paper and look into changing my grade. The paper that was lost is the one I think I did best in and if I’ve got at least 1 more mark on it than I did on the other paper that was marked I will be within the A grade boundary. Now my next option is to go to an appeal hearing, something used when a candidate has been accused of malpractice. Why do I have to go to a hearing when it’s the board who are guilty of malpractice? I really just want to give up at this point since I’ve already got unconditional offers for university from the grades I already had but my dad literally yelled at me for saying this because he helped me write all my arguments and thinks I’m a terrible person for not wanting to carry on. He keeps saying that I’m just giving up because it got difficult, but the only reason I started this in the first place was because he wanted me to, yet he seems to have forgotten this. Even if we keep arguing they’ll never going to change my grade because they only take evidence from work done under supervised exam conditions and all of mine was done at home because of lockdown. Is it bad if I stop now?
I’m so sorry. What a tit situation for you.
I don’t have any advice because honestly you’re doing all the right things, but as a teacher who had many year 13s disappointed with the CAGs (as I was too) I feel your frustration. Sending love 🧡

Reactions: 4
Aahhhhh fab!! Well done. What industry are you in if you don’t mind me asking?
I don’t hate my current job, it’s decent but this one caught my eye 👁
Thank you, my job was alright too but just part time and felt like entry level tasks , I hadn't been in long it as I was made redundant last summer, its administration for the nhs - the new role is working within a project at a much higher level, I was able to use my previous work experience of projects to get me the interview and the role. I was in shock to be honest as I never in a million years thought I'd get it but now I'm so excited for a challenge and means I can increase my sons days at nursery and he gets more time with his little friends since all our usual groups are on hold for a while yet. So yeah, go for it as it just depends who you're up against and if they can see potential in you.

Thank you, my job was alright too but just part time and felt like entry level tasks , I hadn't been in long it as I was made redundant last summer, its administration for the nhs - the new role is working within a project at a much higher level, I was able to use my previous work experience of projects to get me the interview and the role. I was in shock to be honest as I never in a million years thought I'd get it but now I'm so excited for a challenge and means I can increase my sons days at nursery and he gets more time with his little friends since all our usual groups are on hold for a while yet. So yeah, go for it as it just depends who you're up against and if they can see potential in you.
Congrats!
Will you miss your current job or the people you work with?

Congrats!
Will you miss your current job or the people you work with?
No this wasn't an issue at all, the role wasn't challenging, I get on well with my current colleagues but I can't say I'll miss them. What industry are you in? Are you close with your workmates? I still keep in touch with my colleagues from my previous work that closed last summer via a group chat. We all left at the same time though so it was a nice thing to carry on and we added a few more into our existing old team group chat.

I’ve seen a job I want to apply for but I am not feeling brave enough
Do it! I've just applied for one that I'm nervous about, took some talking myself into! You can do it :) you won't regret applying but you might regret it if you don't, and keep wondering what if.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My mental health :( keep having horrible thoughts and stuff and making me panic and feel awful :(
Im so sorry you’re in that place right now. Please reach out & speak to your GP, I’ve been there too & it does get better with a little help. Be kind to yourself.

• Heart
1) I bought myself a pack of digestives and my bloody fella ate half of them when I went to bed. Fair enough sharing is caring but he didn't wrap the packet up and just left them on the side so now their all dry and grim 🙄

2) one of my "best mates" just liked a post on fb i put wishing my son a happy birthday (I'm one of them Mums😚✌🏻) she hasn't text me saying happy birthday. Or commented. She hasn't spoken to me since November which was lockdown 2. Because I didnt want her visiting cos I didnt wanna break the rules.

3) ive just splashed bleach on myself and ruined my fave pjs!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
No this wasn't an issue at all, the role wasn't challenging, I get on well with my current colleagues but I can't say I'll miss them. What industry are you in? Are you close with your workmates? I still keep in touch with my colleagues from my previous work that closed last summer via a group chat. We all left at the same time though so it was a nice thing to carry on and we added a few more into our existing old team group chat.
Thanks for getting back to me 😄! I like my work friends and we get on well but we don’t talk outside of work at all really.
I work in education. This role is teaching an older age group at another institution.
I feel very comfortable where I am now which is good but also I think I should challenge myself.

We put our house up for sale last week. Had loads of viewings booked in for the first week. Nobody made an offer and now the viewings aren’t coming in at all. Meh.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I saw both your related posts and I feel really bad for you, but what you see on tv is not really true. When doctors had surgeries as opposed to clinics there was a closer relationship, but with the government rules and targets there really isn't time to build a close relationship as in the past.

Nowadays in most cases patients are just that patients, before they were almost friends, you would ask about their families etc have a quick chat now it's all targets, and which patient will screw them up.
Thankyou for replying, thats really kind of you.

Yes i understand what you mean, my mum and I had that conversation this morning. Im 34 now, but i remember our old GP being like a family friend, he even helped deliver my older brother. And my mum said she used to be able to phone him up and talk to him without having an appointment.

I think im just being over sensitive and paranoid due to my mental health issues, and having a UTI on top of that has made me feel even worse. Plus it took me a lot to really open up and be honest about my hallucinations and his reply just seemed abit flippant. But ive been given Nitrofurantoin antibiotics for 3 days, so hopefully i will feel better soon :)

Reactions: 2
We put our house up for sale last week. Had loads of viewings booked in for the first week. Nobody made an offer and now the viewings aren’t coming in at all. Meh.
I wonder if people are waiting for the budget....high chance stamp duty relief will be extended so I reckon you‘ll get viewers sooner rather later .

Thankyou for replying, thats really kind of you.

Yes i understand what you mean, my mum and I had that conversation this morning. Im 34 now, but i remember our old GP being like a family friend, he even helped deliver my older brother. And my mum said she used to be able to phone him up and talk to him without having an appointment.

I think im just being over sensitive and paranoid due to my mental health issues, and having a UTI on top of that has made me feel even worse. Plus it took me a lot to really open up and be honest about my hallucinations and his reply just seemed abit flippant. But ive been given Nitrofurantoin antibiotics for 3 days, so hopefully i will feel better soon :)
Just to say to save you from having to go to the gp if you’re prone to UTIs you can actually get antibiotics via superdrug and a couple of other places online. You have to fill out a form. You can also request to have a supply for future use if you’re confident at recognising the symptoms. Been a lifesaver for me!

The bashing of people on benefits. Even though a lot on benefits do work and work bleeping hard. Like if you're entitled to something and dont claim it, more fool you. You're not on any moral high ground, you're being played.

The fact minimum wage hasnt risen anywhere near the rate of inflation. Saw a woman on a group moaning that minimum wage is going up so she has to pay her staff more. You cant expect staff to be available every time you want them and then get snotty about paying them.

Current housing prices being on average 200k plus when the average wage is 37k. Not right sorry, who the duck let that happen.

England has no backbone. My mum was telling me earlier ny grandma and grandad once attended a mass.pritest against poll tax in London with a crown of thousands. This country is full of corruption and the Toties are ahead in the polls. How times change hey!

Sorry most of my current grievances are political, I wish they werent and were more trivial and "first world problems" based and one day I hope they will be again.

Being labelled as 'radical' and 'extreme' for wanting people to have a decent standard of living no matter their background, work etc.

My parents feeling the need to mention whether someone works or not when talking about ANYTHING. Again, my mum was telling me earlier about their v short time as landlords in the 2000s and how the person they rented to worked part time and claimed benefits so her rent was paid directly from her benefits to them. I really dont care if someone is on benefits or not, it dowsnt make them less of a person or it doesnt make someone more of a person if they work 80 hours a week.

Englands obsession with wealth inequality. See above. People thinking those who dont work every hour under the sun deserve to shrivel up and die. If it's for someone poor, it's a handout, if it's for someone rich, it's an incentive. Just like how areas of poor income are labelled as rough, they arent, the people there just have less money and live differently because of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That this thread title has been changed from “pissed off” to “annoying”.... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My colleague keeps sending me CT bullshit videos about the covid vax on WhatsApp, knowing full well I’ve had the covid vax. 😠

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.