What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My SIL text and asked what I'm doing at the weekend, I said I'm busy Saturday, Sunday we won't be going out but I've got housework to catch up on and also uni work. She's replied "Ok, we'll come to yours for about 12 on Sunday". Sorry why have you just invited yourself round? Just because I'm not going out it doesn't mean I'm not doing anything!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
There were some snow showers earlier and people are on social media saying things like 'omg can't believe it's snowing and it's nearly April ' like it's abnormal. There's a snow shower most years around this time most years.

Statistically it's more likely to snow in March than at Christmas
My mum's birthday was 27th April and we always had a birthday tea on the actual day Sometimes we would all be as brown as a berry other times knee-deep in snow

Reactions: 3
My SIL text and asked what I'm doing at the weekend, I said I'm busy Saturday, Sunday we won't be going out but I've got housework to catch up on and also uni work. She's replied "Ok, we'll come to yours for about 12 on Sunday". Sorry why have you just invited yourself round? Just because I'm not going out it doesn't mean I'm not doing anything!
'Oh, you'd like to help with the housework while I finish my course stuff? How kind! See you then,' you should have said.

Reactions: 9
I’d just say what you’ve said there to her. Don’t answer the door, you didn’t invite her over.

In future, just say ‘busy all weekend’ - saves sooo much time and energy because they always inevitably reply with ‘oh can I come round once you’ve done xyz?’ - no. No you cannot. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Suddenly feel really poorly. Sore throat, tired, headache. Hoping it’s just a cold or because I’m tired.

Got my sisters gender reveal this Sunday and I’m so praying it’ll clear up by then. I’m the one planning as I know the gender so it’d be a ballache if I got sick

• Sad
My sleeping has gone off on one again and now I’m awake after falling asleep at 9pm. I suppose I’m desperate for tips on how to sleep through and now only have five hour stretches and then be awake for an hour and then back to sleep (I know not picking up my phone would be a start)

My sleeping has gone off on one again and now I’m awake after falling asleep at 9pm. I suppose I’m desperate for tips on how to sleep through and now only have five hour stretches and then be awake for an hour and then back to sleep (I know not picking up my phone would be a start)
Firstly, make sure your bedding and sleeping environment is comfortable, is your bed supportive, is the room a comfortable temperature, are the curtains thick enough to drown out noise pollution?

Secondly, is anything bugging or frustrating you? Write it down, discuss and address the concerns/frustrations before bed.

Chamomile tea is a great way to unwind before bed. It has calming qualities and the steam also relaxes.

When you wake prematurely, don't try to go back to sleep, repeat the pattern of unwinding, read a magazine or book. Do NOT drink any caffeine. Remember that the world will not stop turning just because you can't sleep. Try laying in bed and just resting.

If problems persist, there are medications such as Nytol, which are great for reseting your circadian rhythm.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That you don't get snow days when you're an adult and you still have to go to work. (There's not even that much snow but it just makes me wanna lay at home under a blanket watching out the window)

• Heart
That an old ankle injury keeps flaring up because of the cold weather, making walking painful. Feel like a geriatric.

Last edited:
  • Sad
That you don't get snow days when you're an adult and you still have to go to work. (There's not even that much snow but it just makes me wanna lay at home under a blanket watching out the window)
Totally agree. As an employee its not acceptable for me to not come in due to bad weather even though I have to rely on public transport. But my boss pleases herself last time we had a frost she didn't come because she was scared to drive in it, today a few flurries of snow still not made it in. 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Some knob head decided to message me at 2.30am and ask could they have a mirror I’m selling ffs!

Reactions: 2
Awful lighting in office spaces. We're not surgeons and we're not operating on anyone, why do we need such oppressively bright lights, especially when it's light outside? I want to take a broom and knock down all the fluorescent and LED lamps in the place.

Suddenly feel really poorly. Sore throat, tired, headache. Hoping it’s just a cold or because I’m tired.

Got my sisters gender reveal this Sunday and I’m so praying it’ll clear up by then. I’m the one planning as I know the gender so it’d be a ballache if I got sick
It’s covid 😭😭😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Can someone please tell boomers key tones while texting is obnoxious AF. Sat in a meeting today and 3 separate colleagues click clacking away whilst an external presenter is talking. Rude. What's the deal

• Wow
I don't notice any millennials or younger who keep those unnecessary tones on.
Not to defend them, but they likely don't know how to get rid of them :S That's what happened with my mum. She hated them too but didn't know how to disable them until I did it for her.

On annoying stuff today: I'm part of a virtual hobby group and we had to provide little bios for it. People are writing massive texts listing all the countries they've visited, universities whose acceptances they rejected (no one is younger than 30 so this was over 10 years ago). Get a grip, people.

• Haha
Not to defend them, but they likely don't know how to get rid of them :S That's what happened with my mum. She hated them too but didn't know how to disable them until I did it for her.

On annoying stuff today: I'm part of a virtual hobby group and we had to provide little bios for it. People are writing massive texts listing all the countries they've visited, universities whose acceptances they rejected (no one is younger than 30 so this was over 10 years ago). Get a grip, people.
Fair enough in that case, but it's bad manners to sit in a meeting when someone's presenting making those obnoxious clickety clacking sounds in the background. Yes it's specific to call it out as a boomer issue but let's call a spade a spade that's who does it 😂

That's hilarious 😂 there's nothing like a bit of self importance. Nothing duller than listening to travel anecdotes and listing Uni's you've rejected. That's a new one on me😝

Last edited:
Fair enough in that case, but it's bad manners to sit in a meeting when someone's presenting making those obnoxious clickety clacking sounds in the background. Yes it's specific to call it out as a boomer issue but let's call a spade a spade that's who does it 😂

That's hilarious 😂 there's nothing like a bit of self importance. Nothing duller than listening to travel anecdotes and listing Uni's you've rejected. That's a new one on me😝
Oh, absolutely annoying and disrespectful. If you ever run into them one on one maybe you could cheekily ask if they need help silencing that feature 😂

Right?! Like maybe I could understand if we were 18 and this was fresh information. But the lady looks 45 at least. And it's completely irrelevant too, since our hobby isn't getting into college 😂 Some people really don't receive enough attention at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.