What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My anxiety 😫 I'm starting a voluntary placement in January to get back into work. I was so excited to have this opportunity but now I'm worried that I'll embarrass myself or that everyone will hate me or I'll mess up in some way.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How much recycling I have to go in the recycling bin but it’s full and doesn’t get emptied for another 2 days 😅
Ours is 90% full and is emptied... in 9 days 🤦‍♀️

It's annoying that a single person household gets the same recycling space as a five-adult household.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Can’t do right for doing wrong with family’s at Christmas!!

Went to partners family, said to my family come Boxing Day to mine but they didn’t want to as partner family are Coming too 🤷‍♀️ What the problem is I don’t know, they all get on ok .

Said I’d go to my family’s today but they looked up and said I assumed you’d be with partners family 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Kids wanted to wear their backpacks when we went out and they carried their fruit shoots in them . I said don't put them back in when they are opened cos they might leak . Husband said they wouldn't and put them in . They leaked and the hats and gloves in there got wet too.

• Sad
My husband is a massive d1ckhead and off work all week. Roll on holidays being over.

i have covid and feel like crap. Im fed up of this pandemic and exhausted with it going on for what feels like eternity now with no end in sight.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Not annoying per se, but kinda weird, almost funny.

I'm selling an old bag of mine and the customer who made an offer requested to collect it tomorrow.

Yesterday morning, I confirmed I'd be home all day Tuesday, but 11am works best for me. This person didn't respond until now (11pm) to ask me if they could pick it up at 7am tomorrow? :oops: Excuse me?

Tomorrow is a bank holiday over here (so is today), meaning it is a day off for me, meaning I'm not planning on waking up at 6.30am. I'm back to work on Wednesday and I'm certainly planning on sleeping in until 9am at the earliest.

Even regular business hours start at 8am or 9am, so 7am is out of the question, especially for a bag I'm selling for €10. I don't know where some people think it's OK to make such suggestions, especially at 11pm for the following day at 7am. Not happening. It might be lazy of me, but 7am, really?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Not annoying per se, but kinda weird.

I'm selling an old bag of mine and the customer who made an offer requested to collect it tomorrow.

Yesterday morning, I confirmed I'd be home all day Tuesday, but 11am works best for me. This person didn't respond until now (11pm) to ask me if they could pick it up at 7am tomorrow? :oops: Excuse me?

I'm sorry but tomorrow is a bank holiday over here (so is today), meaning it is a day off for me, meaning I'm not planning on waking up at 6.30am. I'm back to work on Wednesday and I'm certainly planning on sleeping in until 9am at the earliest.

I mean even regular business hours start at 8am or 9am, so 7am is out of the question, especially for a bag I'm selling for €10. I don't know where some people think it's OK to make such suggestions, especially at 11pm for the following day at 7am. Not happening.
that's a bold suggestion 😅 but perhaps tonight before you go to bed you could leave it in a safe spot for them to pick it up in the morning? given they've already paid you

that's a bold suggestion 😅 but perhaps tonight before you go to bed you could leave it in a safe spot for them to pick it up in the morning? given they've already paid you
Haha - pretty bold indeed.

They have not paid yet, that's the thing. They will be paying in cash when we meet.

I live in a gated apartment complex, so no one can penetrate unless I go all the way to the main gate and let them in myself (management removed the intercom system). I live in the city, so unless I leave it on the side of the road where anyone can pick it up, I've unfortunately no safe place where to leave it for them to pick it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Haha - pretty bold indeed.

They have not paid yet, that's the thing. They will be paying in cash when we meet.

I live in a gated apartment complex, so no one can penetrate unless I go all the way to the main gate and let them in myself (management removed the intercom system). I live in the city, so unless I leave it on the side of the road where anyone can pick it up, I've unfortunately no sage place where to leave it for them to pick it up.
eh, then just tell them it doesn't suit you, it's not worth getting up so early for!

Not annoying per se, but kinda weird, almost funny.

Tomorrow is a bank holiday over here (so is today), meaning it is a day off for me, meaning I'm not planning on waking up at 6.30am. I'm back to work on Wednesday and I'm certainly planning on sleeping in until 9am at the earliest.

Even regular business hours start at 8am or 9am, so 7am is out of the question, especially for a bag I'm selling for €10. I don't know where some people think it's OK to make such suggestions, especially at 11pm for the following day at 7am. Not happening. It might be lazy of me, but 7am, really?
This is why I don’t sell things locally anymore and only post out. People can be so demanding with collection times and that’s if they don’t do what 99% of people do which is not bother showing up! I definitely wouldn’t be letting someone collect at that time just in case they didn’t show up. Surely there’s more times of the day they could collect.

Reactions: 4
This is why I don’t sell things locally anymore and only post out. People can be so demanding with collection times and that’s if they don’t do what 99% of people do which is not bother showing up! I definitely wouldn’t be letting someone collect at that time just in case they didn’t show up. Surely there’s more times of the day they could collect.
I was giving something away last week and I said I’d put it at the door for them, told me they were coming at 5.30pm and I said I didn’t know if I’d be home, hence why at the door. I looked back on my doorbell camera and they came at 1.45am 🤣 wonder what they’d have done if I’d realised they hadn’t picked up and took it back inside haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My car is dead. I’ve been off work over Christmas. Back in work tomorrow. Left my car at my
Parents house on Sunday and went to collect it late afternoon yesterday and the battery is dead. Now have to spend bank holiday trying to jump start it and get a new battery. So I can get to work in the morning with 0 stress.

• Sad
  • Heart
I was giving something away last week and I said I’d put it at the door for them, told me they were coming at 5.30pm and I said I didn’t know if I’d be home, hence why at the door. I looked back on my doorbell camera and they came at 1.45am 🤣 wonder what they’d have done if I’d realised they hadn’t picked up and took it back inside haha
Mad isn’t it some people can be strange!

• Haha
Been awake since 3am as youngest has been sick all over his bed & his brothers bed, older son is in my bed so I’ve come downstairs, done so far 5 loads of washing.

My job, I get nobody likes their job, I’m sick & tired of being pulled up on things others get away with, for instance (I work with food) I didn’t wear a blue glove to put an item in a bag for a customer, someone else didn’t do it either but I got pulled up on it, managers on their phone whilst preparing food, it’s minimum wage, had a 15 min break in a 9 hour shift, their excuse is I get paid for my break then I feel guilty for having one, doesn’t matter if work over don’t get paid because again get paid for your break, most staff members are related to one another as well (not a family business either) so it’s awkward when they are all chatting & you are left out.

I need a new job ASAP!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
i'm staying at my inlaws and the mom is a bit of a neat freak so whoever showers last that day has to wash the shower 😅

Reactions: 1
Everything. I just feel really crappy. All the time. I’m having family trouble, I’m having issues conceiving, the list just goes on and on and on and I’m miserable

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.