What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you text someone asking how their Christmas was and they reply with”thanks for asking but I can’t talk now”.

I didn’t ask you to talk now? I texted you purposely so you can respond when it’s convenient for you. I take days to reply to messages sometimes, I’m hardly going to get offended if I’ve seen you’ve read the message and not replied

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
When you text someone asking how their Christmas was and they reply with”thanks for asking but I can’t talk now”.

I didn’t ask you to talk now? I texted you purposely so you can respond when it’s convenient for you. I take days to reply to messages sometimes, I’m hardly going to get offended if I’ve seen you’ve read the message and not replied
That's rude. If they're so busy, can't they just wait until they're a little less busy to answer properly?

If that makes you feel any better, every single person I sent Christmas wishes to last year decided to not send me anything this year. I don't care much because I don't celebrate Christmas, but in the previous years (pre-2021 COVID), we'd always send each other wishes regardless - this year, nothing. Not a single one, so I've decided not to send anyone anything moving forward whether it's New Year or whatever.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

rude!! Who replies to text like that haha, I’d reply saying soz mr busy do you not know how text messaging works. I’m actually not arsed about your Christmas now cya x

• Haha
Reactions: 8
rude!! Who replies to text like that haha, I’d reply saying soz mr busy do you not know how text messaging works. I’m actually not arsed about your Christmas now cya x
I’ve decided to take the mature approach and open the message but not reply until later because I’m busy and that’s how messaging works 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I lost my voice this morning and it’s gradually come back over the course of the day, but what can only be described as a teenage boy’s voice that’s about to break 😂🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have put on ALOT of weight, i have about 6 stone to lose but it's my plan in 2022 to sort myself out. I have been living in leggings and hoodys as its comfy and fits 😅. I bought myself a dress to wear for today while we visited family, I felt fat but OK. My sister has taken an awful photo of me sitting down at an absolutely awful angle and posted it to our family group, then Facebook and Instagram. I know that's what I look like but it's mortifying. I've saved it as my inspiration and I will be 6 stone lighter next Christmas but there is no need to post it. She knew I didn't like it after sending it to the family group but still posted it. Spiteful cow.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
I have put on ALOT of weight, i have about 6 stone to lose but it's my plan in 2022 to sort myself out. I have been living in leggings and hoodys as its comfy and fits 😅. I bought myself a dress to wear for today while we visited family, I felt fat but OK. My sister has taken an awful photo of me sitting down at an absolutely awful angle and posted it to our family group, then Facebook and Instagram. I know that's what I look like but it's mortifying. I've saved it as my inspiration and I will be 6 stone lighter next Christmas but there is no need to post it. She knew I didn't like it after sending it to the family group but still posted it. Spiteful cow.
people just do spiteful things like that because of their own insecurities. I’m sure you don’t look bad, I find if I look at a photo long enough the worse it gets! You smash your goal and show your sister who’s boss!!!

• Heart
Myself! Wouldn't it be nice to have a break from yourself now and again. If someone's annoying me I can spend some time in another place but you can't ever escape yourself 🤪

Ah, PMS.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Myself. Everytime I look in the mirror I am disgusted at my size, yet I do nothing about it and eat crap all the time. No will power and I struggle to stick to a diet 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Myself. Everytime I look in the mirror I am disgusted at my size, yet I do nothing about it and eat crap all the time. No will power and I struggle to stick to a diet 😞
Omg I was just laying here thinking gosh peaches you are disgusting! I’m sure you’re lovely the way you are, however January is right round the corner for a detox ✨New year, new me✨

• Heart
  • Sad
It's so difficult (and I often fall into the trap myself) but approaching weight loss from a place of all-or-nothing and self-hatred won't work long-term, because as soon as you have one slip up, you'll say "see, I said I was a useless cow, and I've proved myself right, I shouldn't bother trying."

It might help to set positive goals rather than negative goals - so "I'll eat my 5 a day, every day for a week" instead of "I'll have no chocolate for a week", or "I'll reach 10,000 steps a day three days this week" rather than "I'll go to the gym seven days this week or else." I'm considering eating at maintenance for one-two weeks before creating a deficit, just so it isn't a big drop that sets me up for failure.

For my rant - I washed my clothes tonight. I have to use non-bio because of my asthma. Unfortunately my housemate who used the machine earlier does not use non-bio, and my clothes a) stink and b) are triggering my asthma enough that I can't sleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
This bloody cough/cold! I feel like I’ve had it years, can’t sleep, can’t get comfortable. My throat is red raw, glands are up and chest is sore. Whisky doesn’t even help - feeling very sorry for myself 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Seeing the recycling area at Tesco year after year piled high with rubbish. I just can’t believe peoples first thought on Christmas Day is to fling their crap on top of it. It was definitely Christmas Day too, as I went for a sneaky early maccies yesterday morning at 8am (next to Tesco) and the amount of rubbish was ridiculous! Can’t just be my area/town does anyone else notice this at Christmas? Then the poor recycling people have to go and sort it all out having a job that’s more than twice as hard the day after Christmas

Reactions: 4
Hubby making comments about how im sitting "doing nothing" when I ask him to put some washing on and do the dishwasher this morning.

I am in fact sitting and feeding our 11 day old baby...outrageous how a 34 year old man still gets a cob on being asked to do something around the house like a moody teenager. 🤬 I told him he'd better stay away from me for a while before I explode.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Don't you love it when someone asks you what is wrong and when you tell them they confidently and smugly tell you that can't be right as what you have told them cannot cause your problem
Okaaaaay I will just ignore my MRI results and what the Consultant says because you said it can't be right even though you have no medical background and I'm nice to you for my son's sake as you are his partners relative 🙄🙄🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
How much recycling I have to go in the recycling bin but it’s full and doesn’t get emptied for another 2 days 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
How much recycling to go in the recycling bin but it’s full and doesn’t get emptied for another 2 days 😅
This!!!! But ours doesn't get emptied until next Tuesday! So much recycling and rubbish! Made my husband book a timeslot at the dump for tomorrow!!

• Wow
I’m so poorly 😭 I’m at my mums house 3 hours away from where I live now and can’t go home. I’m upstairs in the guest room crying my eyes out from frustration and the pressure in my head

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.