What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But surely you should have been told this before everything was arranged. How can people just change what is agreed on and then expect everyone to just be happy?
We were told by bride, she had 'bought & budgeted for alterations' and no payment was mentioned after this.

In our group chat yesterday, someone said they had gone to pick up dress & had to have more alterations, and the dressmaker had asked about payment?'

Someone said 'does this mean we are paying?' lots of umming and ahhinhg, confirmation we do (£50-£70 depending on alterations) and no more messages in group chat.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
We were told by bride, she had 'bought & budgeted for alterations' and no payment was mentioned after this.

In our group chat yesterday, someone said they had gone to pick up dress & had to have more alterations, and the dressmaker had asked about payment?'

Someone said 'does this mean we are paying?' lots of umming and ahhinhg, confirmation we do (£50-£70 depending on alterations) and no more messages in group chat.
Ok now you’ve said that then you need to ask the bride for clarity.

Reactions: 4

I thought you were in the US for a minute there where it’s “normal” for the bridesmaids to pay for their dresses, but the UK hell no I’d be messaging one of the others, the closest to you if there is one and finding out what everyone thinks.

My irk right now is I’ve just stayed in a Hilton hotel for the first time and I’ve never stayed in such a noisy hotel in my life! I’m resting on the headboard right now and every time someone shuts a door the whole wall shakes! Not to mention hearing everything from rooms either side of us the whole time. Thought Hilton was meant to be a decent company? Premier inn is so much better!

Reactions: 2
I haven't read the full discussion, but I find it super unfair to expect your bridesmaids to pay for their dresses. If you're going to have bridesmaids, then you should cover the relevant expenses.

Reactions: 10
I thought you were in the US for a minute there where it’s “normal” for the bridesmaids to pay
Is it??? I was told to buy a black dress because in that case I could get more wears out of it. I’ve never worn it again.
I’m still resentful over being asked to be a bridesmaid. She asked so much of her bridesmaids — things that she would never do for any of us in return. Half of us were confused as to why we were even there.

That I have to tip toe round the house and try and make as less noise as possible because husband's got a hangover.

In laws feed my daughter absolute crap, everytime she goes to them for a day she comes home with a tummy ache and she's usually sick.

Even when they are told not to feed her such rubbish because it makes her ill they do it every time. Makes me want to stop her going there. I know grand parents love to spoil the kids but if its making her physically ill and they've been asked to stop why can't they give the cakes, biscuits and sweets a rest? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 6
In laws feed my daughter absolute crap, everytime she goes to them for a day she comes home with a tummy ache and she's usually sick.

Even when they are told not to feed her such rubbish because it makes her ill they do it every time. Makes me want to stop her going there. I know grand parents love to spoil the kids but if its making her physically ill and they've been asked to stop why can't they give the cakes, biscuits and sweets a rest? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Have you told them directly that she is vomiting each and every time she comes home from theirs??

Have you told them directly that she is vomiting each and every time she comes home from theirs??
Yes I have, numerous times.

Unfortunately it seems to make no difference to them they seem to think they only way to be a good grandparent is force feed total tit to my child who has quite a sensitive tummy. Thankfully they no longer have her much so its not too often, it used to be twice a week now its maybe 2 times a month

ETA - i should say that they are also extremely unhealthy so I think part of it is they literally just don't see the problem with what they are feeding her. She is sensitive to certain sweeteners and they just can't grasp that sweets and cakes and things have ingredients in that make her feel unwell.

Last edited:
Yes I have, numerous times.

Unfortunately it seems to make no difference to them they seem to think they only way to be a good grandparent is force feed total tit to my child who has quite a sensitive tummy. Thankfully they no longer have her much so its not too often, it used to be twice a week now its maybe 2 times a month

ETA - i should say that they are also extremely unhealthy so I think part of it is they literally just don't see the problem with what they are feeding her. She is sensitive to certain sweeteners and they just can't grasp that sweets and cakes and things have ingredients in that make her feel unwell.
I’d completely stop allowing them to have her. They can see her at home with you if they want but I’d put a stop to her going to them unsupervised.

Reactions: 1
I used to be able to nap at the drop of a hat. I can’t seem to nap lately. My mind is tired but my body is ready to rock and roll. 🥴

Last edited:
  • Sad
I’m well and truly brain dead. I went to research growing a bean plant indoors and I read how it’s easier to grow bush beans instead of pole beans. The part of my brain that would normally say “Are you sure you want to Google that?” was out to lunch. This is dangerous territory. I NEED MY NAPS.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.