What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were doing a cake sale at my sons rugby this morning, they lady was pitch side shoving her rank looking cakes into my daughters face, I said no thanks but she had practically promised my 5 year old one. Fine. Gave her the 50p for it, no biggy. The bloke next to me whacked out £10 and said I don't want a cake, just keep the money. So I look like a tight arse begrudgingly giving over 50p 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I took a picture of the sodding Elf to send to my sister and didn't delete it. Cue an interrogation from my 8 year-old who is looking for every reason to not believe. As to how there's a picture on my phone when I'm still in bed 🧐

I took a picture of the sodding Elf to send to my sister and didn't delete it. Cue an interrogation from my 8 year-old who is looking for every reason to not believe. As to how there's a picture on my phone when I'm still in bed 🧐
The elf took a S-elfie to send to Santa

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Our car has had to be scrapped- it was v old failed is mot miserably and was not worth fixing. We desperatly need a new car, both sides of our family are literally begging us to let them help us buy a new one and hubby has said no. He won't accept anything from them and so we will just not have a car.

Oh and I have a baby due next week so not like a car isn't essential or anything.... 🙄

I get it hes proud and he doesn't want to feel in debt to them, but Jesus christ accept the help we need it

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The fact my bf is too tight to pay for his own Spotify account so uses mine. Everytime I wanna use it hes on there. And my Spotify wrapped was tit because of his crap music taste 🙃😂

• Haha
My boyfriends inability to use his annual leave wisely which means that EVERY December he has so many days to use. And he’s limited as to when he can take them now, so later in the week he’ll be moaning he’s bored in the house whilst I’ll be trying to work.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Trying to finish my 1st findings chapter for my PhD and it's difficult. So I end up doing another task... then I end up on Tattle... then my phone...I'm annoying myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When you whack your elbow off the door frame and can’t even blame anyone else for it because there’s nobody in the house with you 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Our car has had to be scrapped- it was v old failed is mot miserably and was not worth fixing. We desperatly need a new car, both sides of our family are literally begging us to let them help us buy a new one and hubby has said no. He won't accept anything from them and so we will just not have a car.

Oh and I have a baby due next week so not like a car isn't essential or anything.... 🙄

I get it hes proud and he doesn't want to feel in debt to them, but Jesus christ accept the help we need it
Can you not go get your family to help organise a car without his input?

Reactions: 1
Can you not go get your family to help organise a car without his input?
Yes I could do, but I feel like that will hurt him.

The reason he won't take the help as he says it makes him feel less of a man as he can't take care of his family and he feels useless. If I go behind his back and do it I think it will hurt him greatly and I don't really want to do that to him. As much as it is annoying and stressful for me I think I'm going to need to let him sort this out himself.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

The reason he won't take the help as he says it makes him feel less of a man as he can't take care of his family and he feels useless. If I go behind his back and do it I think it will hurt him greatly and I don't really want to do that to him. As much as it is annoying and stressful for me I think I'm going to need to let him sort this out himself.
I get what he means about feeling like less of a man, but surely the best thing he can do for his family is to accept the help, even if that means ‘hurting his pride’ - why should you have to suffer for his ego?
I don’t mean that in a mean or antagonising way but it’s in your best interest to get this sorted and I would hate to think of you struggling 💛

Reactions: 6

Perhaps they could word it as along the lines of a gift for the baby - like as silly as that sounds it’s for the baby’s sake you’re getting the car to make it easier for sorting them out

Reactions: 6

Some people are their own worst enemy. Protecting family also means lowering yourself ( not that it is lowering yourself) to keep them provided. If you and the baby were starving would he beg borrow or steal to get food on the table. That is protecting and providing. We all swallow our pride at times.

Hope he gives a little.

Reactions: 7
Currently facing a pretty significant issue on a project I'm working on. I escalated to the project lead after discussing with my team lead and I cc'ed my team lead's manager who is the function head. The project lead asked the function's head to ask for an exceptional approval. That was Thursday. He sent another chaser this morning and asked me to speak to the function head by 4pm (I'm the one reporting into her via my team lead, not the project lead). I then reached out to the function's head to ask if we could discuss the issue today as the project lead needs to notify his own manager. The function head never responded and still remains MIA.

If they want, they can get rid of me over this issue, but the issue is not going to disappear if I leave. It needs fixing in any case.

If you're a function head at director level, I expect you to be able to handle problems / escalations. If you can't, then you might want to change jobs.

I haven't had my lunch break yet because I have to be out the door for something personal and I can't even go because of this.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

The only people who will know that he has accepted help from your family is you and your family. People seeing you struggling not having a car will assume it's due to financial reasons .

The only people who will know that he has accepted help from your family is you and your family. People seeing you struggling not having a car will assume it's due to financial reasons .
Good point. If you got a car no one else knows you didnt buy it, but people who have a car then don't even though they need one, others will just assume its for financial reasons even if it isn't

The relentless bleeping drone of bleeping leaf blowers whilst I'm trying to wfh. THERE'S A STORM TOMORROW, YOU FUCKWIT!

They're out there EVERY WEEK, absolute twats.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The ridiculous tax system in this country.

Every person who meets a minimum of 260 PSRI contributions is entitled to a free dental / eye check up per year. I have been paying my taxes in the country (and therefore accumulating PSRI contributions) since I finished college. I started contributing in February 2016. On Thursday, I went to the dentist on Thursday only to find out today I am supposedly not eligible for this free dental / eye check up despite having paid taxes for the last 6 years. It normally takes a minimum of 5 years to reach the 260 PSRI contributions, so I should be good.

This is ridiculous. They taxed my bonus at 50% and now, I can't even avail of the one thing my taxes go into. Sure, I can pay the amount, but it's something employed people are eligible to.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.