What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People on some of these threads 🤣
Chill out, it's an anonymous gossip forum on the Internet. Not everyone will agree with you. Get. Over. It.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Everyone's grown up and moved on with their lives and have partners and jobs. I'm single. Living at my parents, with no job prospects. I feel so alone. Mid 20s suck and I'm so tired.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Some people are their own worst enemy. Protecting family also means lowering yourself ( not that it is lowering yourself) to keep them provided. If you and the baby were starving would he beg borrow or steal to get food on the table. That is protecting and providing. We all swallow our pride at times.

Hope he gives a little.
The only people who will know that he has accepted help from your family is you and your family. People seeing you struggling not having a car will assume it's due to financial reasons .

After literally a day of me going on and persuading him he has finally accepted the help, and together our families are giving us the money for a new car 😊

He knows he had to accept it and he admitted that to me today, he just felt like a failure that he couldn't do it himself. I don't think he's a failure at all, not all people have £7k sat there ready. Its just as much my fault as its his as I didn't have the money either, but he doesn't see it that way. He wants to provide, and he wants to do it himself - which in every way he does do everyday its just he didn't have the money for a car.

We should have a new car by Christmas and borrowing his dads car in the meantime in case of any baby related emergencies!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Have you tried Apple cider vinegar? It cured mine I now make my own.
Just finished bottling up 25L of the stuff, the funny thing is I make it for everyone else and rarely use it, one bottle lasts me forever.
Do you drink it straight or mix it with water? My acid reflux has been causing me so much pain and general discomfort for months. My medication doesn't seem to help in the slightest!

Reactions: 1

After literally a day of me going on and persuading him he has finally accepted the help, and together our families are giving us the money for a new car 😊

He knows he had to accept it and he admitted that to me today, he just felt like a failure that he couldn't do it himself. I don't think he's a failure at all, not all people have £7k sat there ready. Its just as much my fault as its his as I didn't have the money either, but he doesn't see it that way. He wants to provide, and he wants to do it himself - which in every way he does do everyday its just he didn't have the money for a car.

We should have a new car by Christmas and borrowing his dads car in the meantime in case of any baby related emergencies!
that's wonderful! he needs to understand he isn't a failure everyone needs help sometimes, being a strong person means accepting and giving help.

Really pleased for you both.

Do you drink it straight or mix it with water? My acid reflux has been causing me so much pain and general discomfort for months. My medication doesn't seem to help in the slightest!
Two tablespoons in some water, take before eating or drinking every morning and again before bed.

I also put 1tesppon of bicarb od soda in mine, which worked for me, others say it's not needed. but it didnt hurt.

Has to be apple cider vinegar with the mother

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had bronchitis last month that the doctor wouldn't prescribe antibiotics for. I seemed to be getting better but now I have a horrible cough, have been bringing up mucus and a bit of a sore throat. I have done a PCR test and it came back negative. I rung the doctor today to try and get an appointment but they were full so they told me to ring 111 if it was urgent. I dont feel like it is urgent so I just said I would try tomorrow and she snapped down the phone that appointments for the same day were only for urgent cases. So I asked for when the next telephone appointment would be...it's Christmas Eve! I'm not urgent but bloody hell I'm hoping I'll be better by then!!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I booked tomorrow morning off to go pick up a package at the post office only to read the news and find out the whole country is shutting down because of the expected storm. Post office, banks, schools and some shops are closing. Smh. On the one morning I wanted to be off.

I wouldn't need to go all the way to the post-office to pick up these packages if the management company running the complex hadn't removed the option to open the gate & building door via the intercom. Now, I have to go all the way to the gate in the cold in my dressing down at 8am to meet the postman because they can't access the building. No thanks.

Also, last week, my dentist made me pay €40 instead of €80 during my last scale & polish because according to our government scheme, every employed individual avails of a free or reduced scale & polish per year. The dentist then told me I was good to only pay €40. Fast forward, they called me late afternoon today to tell me: "You came back as ineligible for the yearly free/reduced scale & polish, please pay the outstanding balance of €40". Sorry but no. They made the executive decision to make me pay €40 only and now they realize I'm supposedly not eligible and are asking me to cover the balance? I have no proof that it's written anywhere that I'm not eligible (I should be eligible since the relevant contributions are deducted from my salary every month and have been for the last 6 years but I never chose to avail of it before last week!!). Very unprofessional. I'll pay it up and get a refund through my insurance, but they can rest assured it was the last they'll ever see of me.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
Inspirational quotes about life, quoted by 20yr olds………🤯

You’re all family and that’s what families do, they pull together to help out. Who knows where you will be in a few years he could pay it all back. I do understand his way of thinking, but these are people who love you, let them help. Good luck with your baby.

Last edited:
That sky mobile is down and I have no signal and no wifi at work 🙃 proper first world problems

A certain tiktoker who posts hoovering videos that people find satisfying, presumably filmed in some rubble in Iraq judging by the floor around it.

People at work who won't do what they're asked to do.

This project I'm managing is starting to give me a headache. I reached out on several occasions to resources to perform a quick task in the system that would literally take 2 minutes. I've been chasing for the past two weeks some people simply haven't done a thing despite my numerous chasers with the managers in cc'. I have a feeling some people in this team have a hard time with someone at their level (not manager) bossing them around. I'm not trying to boss anyone around though, I was assigned as lead to this project, I'm just doing what I'm being asked to do.

Same for my counterpart in another department. I sent them a list of priority items which can be done in 5 minutes in the system. They revert back to me with stupid questions on one particular item and leave the rest of the items hanging despite my various chasers. I get you have a question on one item, but please action the other ones instead of blocking the whole process because you have a question on one item when all items are standalone.

Everything is annoying me today .

And the kids keep fiddling with the blinds

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Everything is annoying me today .

And the kids keep fiddling with the blinds
for the first time in a long time, my home is clean and tidy throughout but have 3 of the grandchildren coming in a moment for a double sleepover and I'm already annoyed that within 10mins it will look like a bomb hit it

Companies and their ridiculous application processes.

I submitted my CV + a full application on Workday a few days go. Today, I received a "screening" email which required me to reinclude every single piece of information I've already submitted through workday, but send it via email in order for them to present my CV to the hiring manager:

Full name: Already on Workday application
Current employer: Already on Workday application
Current job title: Already on Workday application
Right to work: Already on Workday application
Salary expectations: Already on Workday application
Notice period: Already on workday application
Responsibilities in your current role: See my CV submitted with my Workday application
Core technical skills: See my CV submitted with my Workday application
Any experience in XYZ: See my CV submitted with my Workday application
Source of application: Are you kidding? I went through the hassle of submitting the application on the company's website and that's how you got my details.

Sorry, but no. There's literally no point in me sending via email what I already submitted via Workday. It's an utter waste of time.

New hand vac won’t get here until Friday. In the meantime, the glass gods took back a few good vessels. RIP 🙁

• Sad
I am equally annoyed, upset, heartbroken, and angry. One of my friends couldn’t come to celebrate my bday, fine, no big deal. Later found out it’s because he made plans with other friends that he preferred to go on. Ok, little hurt but again, fine, I get it, he doesn’t drink and my bday was very drink heavy. Called him out on it, just said I would have preferred for him to be honest about it, but no hard feelings.

Come to find out that a few weeks later, he blocked me and our mutual friends on literally everything. Ok, now I’m hurt and upset. Just disappeared from all our lives without a word, and with no way to ask if he’s ok because of course I’m also a little worried.

Cut to now, he’s unblocked me and had a massive go at me that I didn’t wish him a happy birthday, and has done the same to our mutual friends. What?! You cut me off without a single word, you clearly didn’t want me/us in your life, so why would I wish you a happy birthday? Not that I could anyway, you had me blocked. I am so angry and annoyed but still hurt because none of us have any idea what we did to be cut off, but also, you made your bed, so lie in it? I don’t deserve to be treated like this

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.