What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I am literally going to jump off a cliff with the amount of work I have.

I am currently working on a large global cross-business regulatory project which takes up 80% of my time, then my manager decided to drop another large scale ad-hoc project on me in addition to another two ad-hoc projects, non-project based business as usual also needs attention and a now I have a two week training for which I have just been appointed as group coordinator (+ homework in between sessions).

The management keeps talking about how people should never have two back to back regulatory projects as they're extremely time & energy taxing and go on for months, yet this is my third this year with another one coming up in two months. Most people in my team have had 1 maximum this year with no ad-hoc project or forced trainings, just business as usual.

There are people with more flexibility than me at the moment, why drop these on me? I can't cope anymore. Somebody just kill me already.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That I have better mobile signal on a moving train than I do at my living room at home. Can't even receive calls if my phone is downstairs 😒

1. My stupid dog waits until the house is silent, creeps up behind me and does one loud bark right behind me. Makes me scream, jump and almost tit myself all at the same time. She does it all the time so obviously thinks it's funny 😏

2. I have booked a family "fun swim" for during half term. When paying online, it said my card declined, so I tried again and it said it had declined again. I was like OK, I'll try again when my husband gets home and would try again using his card. Later on I checked my emails and I had 2 booking confirmation emails come through and 2 payments had left my bank so I emailed the leisure centre and told them with all booking references etc. They emailed back and said they need proof of payments leaving bank 🙄. Fine. So I sent them a picture of the payments. They emailed back and said thanks, we now need name, address and bank details for the refund. So I sent that across. Now they've emailed saying they need another screenshot of my bank to make sure the payments have definitely left my account. 🤬. Honestly the rage I am feeling! I've emailed them back and said that this is ridiculous, surely they can see that a double booking in my name has been made?! How bleeping hard can it be?! Just send me my £25 back, I feel like saying you know what, refund me the whole bleeping lot, shove your "fun swim" up your arse.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
My 4 year old daughter has been sent home from school for a PCR test because she was "coughing a little bit" at school this morning...so now she's at home awaiting results which probably won't be untill the end of the week then its half term.

Since she's been home she hasn't coughed once...😂 typical

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Another 2.

1. Sitting in a packed swimming lesson watching area and some twit comes in, phones someone, (just like that twit that used to be on the TV with the massive phone and loud voice) shout talking for the whole half an hour 🤬. Honestly he has my eyeballs burned into the back of his head.

2. Twice today, I've been stood waiting and someone comes and stands right in front of me, I mean right infront where they are practically stood on my toes. Don't people have any idea about PERSONAL SPACE

Reactions: 6
I think I am literally going to jump off a cliff with the amount of work I have.

I am currently working on a large global cross-business regulatory project which takes up 80% of my time, then my manager decided to drop another large scale ad-hoc project on me in addition to another two ad-hoc projects, non-project based business as usual also needs attention and a now I have a two week training for which I have just been appointed as group coordinator (+ homework in between sessions).

The management keeps talking about how people should never have two back to back regulatory projects as they're extremely time & energy taxing and go on for months, yet this is my third this year with another one coming up in two months. Most people in my team have had 1 maximum this year with no ad-hoc project or forced trainings, just business as usual.

There are people with more flexibility than me at the moment, why drop these on me? I can't cope anymore. Somebody just kill me already.
I always feel stressed just reading your work related posts. Your workload is crazy. Is there anyone you can address the workload issues with?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just made a recipe from the ATK toaster oven cookbook. I love the book’s concept and the recipes look good but the measurements are annoying!! I want the measurements in grams!

I always feel stressed just reading your work related posts. Your workload is crazy. Is there anyone you can address the workload issues with?
It is ridiculous of a workload.

I had addressed them with my manager on Friday asking whether I could delegate a task to alleviate the burden. Comes Monday yesterday, he forgot about it entirely and started assigning me some of his work instead (granting various accesses to new joiners which literally took me two hours when I was already swamped). It is a bit of a dead-end addressing workload issues will lead to them adding more work onto my plate. Smh.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
The monotony of life right now! Nothing to look forward to, life is just so boring right now!

• Sad
  • Heart
That my daughter had a negative pcr test result yesterday but has been treated like some kind of bio hazard by her teacher this morning 🤬 she's 4 years old ffs treating her like that is not on! I understand that if kids are showing symptoms they need to be at home and get tested, but that's exactly what we've done! We are following the rules...she has tested negative so shes allowed back at school. she had croup which has settled on her chest and is worse when its wet weather. She's had a negative pcr test so what more do they want??

• Sad
Reactions: 7
That my boyfriend seemingly has no concept of what things cost. I normally sort everything house related but he's taken it upon himself for some unknown reason to arrange a window cleaner. I've just seen on the bank it was £57! For 6 windows!! I normally pay £18. And he's asked him to come back every 4 weeks. I told him that's extortionate and what I usually pay and his response was "I thought it was a good price dunno why you're moaning"

• Wow
That my 8yr old daughter spent all last night sobbing her heart out because out of 30 in her school class only 16 aren't covid positive and in school.
Out of those 16 in school only 4 are girls and they don't include my daughter in their games 😢😢
So she's spent 2 school days with nobody to play with. Despite her sister sharing her school yard they can't play together because of 'covid rules'

It's so damaging to her mental health. I've never felt so useless

• Sad
Reactions: 16
That my boyfriend seemingly has no concept of what things cost. I normally sort everything house related but he's taken it upon himself for some unknown reason to arrange a window cleaner. I've just seen on the bank it was £57! For 6 windows!! I normally pay £18. And he's asked him to come back every 4 weeks. I told him that's extortionate and what I usually pay and his response was "I thought it was a good price dunno why you're moaning"
£57?! Per window clean?! My window cleaner comes every 4 weeks and I pay £7 😰

Wearing winter clothes because it was windy with monsoon rain.... fast forward a few hours and I feel like I should be in shorts and t.shirt because it's gone all tropical 🔥☀⛱

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.