What’s annoying you right now? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being skint whilst the cost of everything goes up.

Having to drive myself to and from a party at the weekend instead of having a drink and getting a taxi like everyone else will be because of being skint. At least my food was paid for up front a few weeks ago.

Having social events to go to when you’re skint and not feeling like you can say “sorry I just can’t afford it” as people don’t believe it and think it’s an excuse.

Birthdays and Christmas coming up when you’re skint.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Over thinking! I swear I could over think making a bloody cup of tea the way I am at the moment.

I've been offered a new job which is a pay cut for now but likely more better opportunities down the line. I know I'm really unhappy where I am at the moment and the idea of going elsewhere is a weight lifted. Still over thinking it all though aren't I 🙄😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can't do my job properly because of Brexit and the implications of COVID. It's bleeping miserable having to tell people every day that you know what they want, you could normally get what they want, but you can't because of the choices of two wanky Torys who can't govern the country properly and don't give a tit about anyone but themselves.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I feel quite 'wired'

I mean my house is spotless so it's not all bad but i just want to relax. My brain and my body just won't switch off. Or even go into a slightly slower mode 🙄🙄
Oh and I'm not sleeping well either so i should be exhausted

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Everything!

my toddler keeps wetting herself, and is constantly having tantrums

Trying to watch something on itv hub and bleeping ad’s every 10 mins and longer than the program! Why bleeping do that?

Reactions: 7
I went to the shop to get milk earlier this afternoon and I exited the shop with everything but milk because I totally forgot about it while there! LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
😵

For some reason, I think my neighbor popped up on my LinkedIn feed as a suggested contact. The guy on the picture looked exactly like him and wore glasses. I run into this neighbor on a daily basis in the elevator, nearby shops and entryway. He has a very distinctive face with the same glasses as the guy on the picture. I was curious so I clicked on his profile and it turns out he went to the same school as my crush from my previous company (same years). I checked the posts he liked / commented on to see if there's any correlation between the two and every single thing my crush liked or commented on, this guy liked or commented on too (yes, my investigative skills are intense). This makes me think they run in the same circles and possibly each other (maybe not, but they seem to have plenty of common contacts from their hometown).

My now worry is that if the guy on this LinkedIn is indeed my neighbor and possibly knows my crush, he may have heard me talk about him on the phone a few times with a friend (I mentioned his name once or twice because for some reason, I always call this guy by his first and last name, where he works since I spoke about the company since I used to work there). The walls being extremely thin, I hope for my sake he never heard anything because if it's indeed him and he knows my "crush" (I wouldn't know to what extent), I'm mortified. I need to have a double-glance next time I see him but given the amount of face to face run ins I've experienced, I'm about 90% sure it's him. Let's hope they're just acquaintances and not actual friends if it's indeed him. Let's hope it's not him and I just need to renew my glasses.

SMH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
😵

For some reason, I think my neighbor popped up on my LinkedIn feed as a suggested contact. The guy on the picture looked exactly like him and wore glasses. I run into this neighbor on a daily basis in the elevator, nearby shops and entryway. He has a very distinctive face with the same glasses as the guy on the picture. I was curious so I clicked on his profile and it turns out he went to the same school as my crush from my previous company (same years). I checked the posts he liked / commented on to see if there's any correlation between the two and every single thing my crush liked or commented on, this guy liked or commented on too (yes, my investigative skills are intense). This makes me think they run in the same circles and possibly each other (maybe not, but they seem to have plenty of common contacts from their hometown).

My now worry is that if the guy on this LinkedIn is indeed my neighbor and possibly knows my crush, he may have heard me talk about him on the phone a few times with a friend (I mentioned his name once or twice because for some reason, I always call this guy by his first and last name, where he works since I spoke about the company since I used to work there). The walls being extremely thin, I hope for my sake he never heard anything because if it's indeed him and he knows my "crush" (I wouldn't know to what extent), I'm mortified. I need to have a double-glance next time I see him but given the amount of face to face run ins I've experienced, I'm about 90% sure it's him. Let's hope they're just acquaintances and not actual friends if it's indeed him. Let's hope it's not him and I just need to renew my glasses.

SMH.
Surely if you fancy him you’d rather he knew? Just go for it then you’d find out

Reactions: 2
I went to the shop to get milk earlier this afternoon and I exited the shop with everything but milk because I totally forgot about it while there! LOL.
I do this quite often. So annoying.

Going to bed later and waking up early than I wanted. And I'm in pain again.

I’m in all day today apart from the school run for 45 mins this afternoon. Guess when my one hour parcel delivery slot is for? 😐

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I’m in all day today apart from the school run for 45 mins this afternoon. Guess when my one hour parcel delivery slot is for? 😐
That is the worst…just typical. Can you request it to be put in a safe space or left with a neighbour?

Surely if you fancy him you’d rather he knew? Just go for it then you’d find out
Yeah, I guess so. I just don't want to come across as a creep even though the neighbor would be the creep if he were to relay this. Out of 550K people living in this city, this one is my neighbor. Eerie.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.