What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I totally understand this. No matter how many times I try explain I'm always met with the same crappy reply of "see what its like when you're back at work" (currently on mat leave). I know what it's like working and being a parent, I did it after my first baby, it's tiring then coming in and still having to be mum. I don't have a choice to not be a parent after work, that's not how it works but he doesn't seem to grasp it.
I'm sorry to read this. I know it's a simplistic advice here but are you happy with him because you deserve much better. Unless there is something going at his work that is stressing him out. Has this always been the case?

Reactions: 2
Bad day with my BPD - paranoia is at an all time high. Feel like everyone hates me without no rational basis. Trying to tell my brain that isn't true whilst concentrating on my work 🙃 It's also my ex's birthday and yeah... just feel a bit meh!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I've been quite intrigued by these and might order some, I've been torn between a menstrual cup or period pants too. Do the pads hold a lot and do they feel quite wet and make you feel minging?
It’s not a wet uncomfortable feeling, it’s more of a slighty cold damp feeling, but it feels fine. They’re nice to sleep in as well as they don’t unstick and stick to elsewhere or fold like some of them.

I like them but they’re never gonna be as good as a pad with chemicals and materials inside them to soak up liquid within a second.

I’ve tried the cup but for some reason they made my cramps horrible, I mean horrible, nearly passed out and got sick from the pain.

I’d love to try them but as a fattie I’m not sure if they’d work for me - I can only use long pads when using conventional towels and to be honest I usually use the night ones all the time. I’d be worried about leakage.
I don’t think you should worry because when I was buying them online, they seemed to have quite a good range of lengths and width, they even had maternity ones and they seem quite long and wide if that is any help to you.

I also bought mine on Etsy and a lot of the makers seem to allow you to request width length and absorbency. So you should give them a try xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The amount of adverts on my5 player
ITV player is terrible for this too. They also have pop ups asking you to take their survey which you can’t get off your screen until the little countdown is done. I just wanna watch Corrie, leave me alone.

Reactions: 3
ITV player is terrible for this too. They also have pop ups asking you to take their survey which you can’t get off your screen until the little countdown is done. I just wanna watch Corrie, leave me alone.
I only use them as a last resort now. Just try to record everything. I keep missing Wentworth as it's always on at weird times.

Reactions: 1
I'm sorry to read this. I know it's a simplistic advice here but are you happy with him because you deserve much better. Unless there is something going at his work that is stressing him out. Has this always been the case?
Normally we're fine, everyone has arguments now and again but he just rarely opens up to me anymore. I can tell when somethings bothering him as he starts acting this way, becoming withdrawn, really snappy with me and the kids but this is another level. I try talk to him, ask if he's OK, ask if he wants to talk about stuff that's bothering him but he closes me off and doesn't speak to me. Then when we argue he brings it up saying I never ask about him or want to know what's going on. It goes round in a circle and repeat. There's only so much asking you can do when they never take you on board, yet there's only so much I can tolerate being treated like this. This is the longest he's not spoken to me/let an argument go on about something that shouldn't have escalated into an argument.in the first place. We've been together for almost 9 years.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
And yeah friends of mine and my sister get abuse daily for it so now hide it as I said. It’s such a common question people ask all the time - if you’ve had your vaccine and which one.
I regret getting mine as I got the AtraZenica and it was around the time they started discussing issues but hadn’t stopped it for my age group - I’ve had no end of issues since, but as I say that’s not just this particular vaccine it’s other ones too.

For me I’m not an anti-vaccine person at all, I just wish I had been given real facts about pros and cons and possible side effects etc. I would have refused the one I was offered and waited til I was offered another and may or may not have had it depending on the info I was given.
I only get asked by people I know so they wouldn't abuse me. If your sister and friends get abuse from people they know, then maybe it's time to make new friends. Fair enough though, I really hope your issues etc clear up and that you're ok long term and short term.

I signed up for a marathon in May next year. I am already panicking about how I'm not going to finish it, how much it's going to hurt, how I'm going to be cold and miserable and how I won't get the arbitrary time I've set (ideally sub 4:20, if not sub 4:30). I haven't even started training for it and I ran a really good half on Sunday this past week so there's no reason to assume I won't finish it or enjoy it. Need someone to give me a slap today tbh.
Whatever happens, at least you are making an attempt. You deserve full credit for that. Well done.

Reactions: 4
When you unsubscribe from a company's emails and they don't give an 'unsubscribe from all' option, so you have to wait for them to trickle through until you've eventually unsubscribed from each type.

Reactions: 6
My husband.

He fell asleep at 9pm watching TV. Sat up, with his chin resting on his chest, hands down his pants, snoring. I said you're asleep, go to bed. So he lifts his head, says I'm not asleep...rinse and repeat for 1 hour, until I've had enough of looking and listening to him. Gives me the ick and makes me want to throw the remote at him. Surely, if you're that tired, go to bed?! It happens all the time, I've taken pictures and videos and show him and he just laughs.
Did he fall asleep during the football last night ?
I have written on here about my husband who does exactly the same. I shoved the sound up to full blast a few times which made him jump and now he has got the message and will go to bed when I do it or else I do it again. :)
Last night I went upstairs to do some sewing whilst the football was on and left him to it and went down just before 10 to wake him up, or so I thought, and there he was wide awake watching the end of the programme. How does that work. :unsure:

I buy drained tuna, so that it has minimal water in, that's WHY I pay more as I hate tuna juice. The can I just opened had more water in than a normal can 👊🏻
I buy M & S tuna in a blue can - about 120 gms - "in a little spring water" and that is what it is and the tuna is nice.

Do internet providers slow your connection down out of spite when you’re leaving them or something? I’m half joking. Switching to a new provider next week as we can get more speed for the same price and ever since we put the order in our internet has been pathetically slow at times. Can’t even stream anything on the fire stick right now because it just buffers. Probably just a coincidence but it’s so annoying.

The school run Mum that drives flash cars, bought a big house (that's a shithole) acts like she runs the school (parks where she wants/doesn't give a toss about school rules) and thinks everyone loves her but you secretly know she is in a massive amount of debt and her husband has a small penis. 🙄😂😂😂😂🤬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The NTA's. It's a pile of garbage let's be honest. The presenter Joel dommett looks really stiff & uncomfortable being there and is being shouty. Why? Stephen mulherns silly camera reactions are so irritating, he is just really irritating anyway! I just really hate British TV it's poop. Do nobody's from goggle box really need to be there? Clutching alcohol for dear life while walking to get your 'award'. Jesus least put the glass down. FS. Incase you didn't already know I hate the NTA's. 😤

• Heart
Losing yet another male friend because their new girlfriend doesn’t like our friendship. It doesn’t even surprise me now but this latest one stung the worst ☹

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
It’s not a wet uncomfortable feeling, it’s more of a slighty cold damp feeling, but it feels fine. They’re nice to sleep in as well as they don’t unstick and stick to elsewhere or fold like some of them.

I like them but they’re never gonna be as good as a pad with chemicals and materials inside them to soak up liquid within a second.

I’ve tried the cup but for some reason they made my cramps horrible, I mean horrible, nearly passed out and got sick from the pain.

I don’t think you should worry because when I was buying them online, they seemed to have quite a good range of lengths and width, they even had maternity ones and they seem quite long and wide if that is any help to you.

I also bought mine on Etsy and a lot of the makers seem to allow you to request width length and absorbency. So you should give them a try xx
I did an impulse purchase of a menstrual cup this evening when seeing one in the co-op! I’m going to practice when I’m not on first so I know I can put it in properly lol. Not sure if I’ll like it but it was a brand that donates one for every one purchased so someone else I’ll gain from it even if I don’t!

• Heart
Was visiting my parents for lunch earlier and they had a tradesman in the house (I'm not 100% sure what his job entails) who they used a lot back in my teenage years despite him being a bit of a prick. Anyways, he just had to make a comment to me that sounded homophobic and then my mother says "he's just trying to be friendly" and is someone who "calls a spade a spade". :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Sad
Normally we're fine, everyone has arguments now and again but he just rarely opens up to me anymore. I can tell when somethings bothering him as he starts acting this way, becoming withdrawn, really snappy with me and the kids but this is another level. I try talk to him, ask if he's OK, ask if he wants to talk about stuff that's bothering him but he closes me off and doesn't speak to me. Then when we argue he brings it up saying I never ask about him or want to know what's going on. It goes round in a circle and repeat. There's only so much asking you can do when they never take you on board, yet there's only so much I can tolerate being treated like this. This is the longest he's not spoken to me/let an argument go on about something that shouldn't have escalated into an argument.in the first place. We've been together for almost 9 years.
I wanted to say, I've been through a similar situation when my children were young. In a relationship, there has to be a bit of you, a bit of the other person and a bit of "us" (those 3 parts) in order to work really well. When you become a parent (and no offence intended here to anyone who isn't, this can apply for a career or even being a carer, instead of the child part) sometimes it can damage the us bit, or either of you, which pushes the balance out of sync.

It's easy to lose yourself (be you Mum or Dad) and be so busy in caring and loving your children, that the other person can become lonely, bitter, jealous, sad and even oddly grieving for what you had before the changes and new arrivals. It's not that they dislike the little ones, more that they feel unhappy or uncomfortable with the changes.

Years back, I had friends (and again, no offence intended to other posters here, I'm talking personally) who meant well and wanted the best for me, didn't feel my situation was good by their standards and in a moment of bereavement and sadness, I opted to leave a very long marriage. It did not bring me the relief, calm or new life that everyone almost guaranteed me. The grass is not always greener.

So I'd say to you, because it's clear to see you love him, consider counselling for you as a couple if you feel you might of lost some of your communications with each other. If that's not something you want to do, then see if you can grab a family member you trust for babysitting (even for an hour to just sit and eat a meal together) and make sure you spend some time as a couple again, so you can talk purely about each other and how you both are (make sure to leave the children talk out of this time, just be into each other).

It's not selfish or greedy, it's protecting and building your relationship as people, so that you can be a family and work through all the changes, challenges and fun times that brings with it. I think the lockdowns and covid situation has made things probably feel a lot worse and intense.

I hope it was ok to reach out to you, I wish you all the best.

• Heart
Losing yet another male friend because their new girlfriend doesn’t like our friendship. It doesn’t even surprise me now but this latest one stung the worst ☹
He's not much of a friend if he's going along with her nonsense so it might hurt now but you're better off without a prick like that in your life

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.