What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband.

He fell asleep at 9pm watching TV. Sat up, with his chin resting on his chest, hands down his pants, snoring. I said you're asleep, go to bed. So he lifts his head, says I'm not asleep...rinse and repeat for 1 hour, until I've had enough of looking and listening to him. Gives me the ick and makes me want to throw the remote at him. Surely, if you're that tired, go to bed?! It happens all the time, I've taken pictures and videos and show him and he just laughs.
Are you me? My husband does the exact same thing, it drives me nuts! 😤

Thing that’s currently annoying me is period pain. Finding it so hard to settle tonight and I’m shattered. 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A lack of universal healthcare in Ireland.

I pay €900 a month in tax. I pay €70 a month for health insurance.

Yet to get a new contraceptive implant: I need to pay €65 to get a doctor to prescribe the device, €114 for the device itself and €150 to get removal and refit. You couldn't make it up.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
My partner does similar to this all the time! Even when I show him pictures he absolutely denies being asleep and says "Wilma, I think I'd know if I'd been to sleep!" It irritates me beyond explanation!!
My husband's the same. As soon as he sits on the sofa he's asleep. I've given up bothering him for company now and stick to Tattle.

Reactions: 4
I'm going to lose my marbles this week.

They have been drilling from 8.30am to 3pm downstairs because they're refurbishing some apartment from scratch. I found an interesting internal opportunity on Monday and I've been meaning to apply, but this construction work has made it a hassle. They stop with the drilling for a couple of minutes or an hour and the moment I open the application page to review and submit my application, they start drilling again. It's like they sense I'm about about to apply and they kickstart the drilling again after each pause. It's driving me nuts and I'm starting to think the Universe is trying to prevent me from applying altogether.

Additionally, if you're going to do some drilling non-stop for an entire week, the appropriate thing would have been to drop a brief notification to the surrounding neighbors so that they're aware. I can't even hear myself think. On top of this, the construction crew has been blocking on that specific floor the elevator since they started. I can't wait for them to be done.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
1. Someone rammed me with a wheelchair and I apologised...?!
2. My new vans have ripped my poor feet to pieces 😫
3. Ive been running around like a headless chicken all morning, done all the food shopping and all the errands I needed to do, thought while I was out I would "treat" myself to a KFC zinger ricebox for an early lunch, been thinking about one for a while, pulled up and there was a sign across the rice box saying Sold out 😩😩😩 so drove home, sad and hungry

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I have a wireless mouse I use for work and I always forget to charge it and it always dies on when right when I am in the middle of something urgent.

Reactions: 4
A "friend" who really upset me earlier in the week just won't let it go.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I wanted to say, I've been through a similar situation when my children were young. In a relationship, there has to be a bit of you, a bit of the other person and a bit of "us" (those 3 parts) in order to work really well. When you become a parent (and no offence intended here to anyone who isn't, this can apply for a career or even being a carer, instead of the child part) sometimes it can damage the us bit, or either of you, which pushes the balance out of sync.

It's easy to lose yourself (be you Mum or Dad) and be so busy in caring and loving your children, that the other person can become lonely, bitter, jealous, sad and even oddly grieving for what you had before the changes and new arrivals. It's not that they dislike the little ones, more that they feel unhappy or uncomfortable with the changes.

Years back, I had friends (and again, no offence intended to other posters here, I'm talking personally) who meant well and wanted the best for me, didn't feel my situation was good by their standards and in a moment of bereavement and sadness, I opted to leave a very long marriage. It did not bring me the relief, calm or new life that everyone almost guaranteed me. The grass is not always greener.

So I'd say to you, because it's clear to see you love him, consider counselling for you as a couple if you feel you might of lost some of your communications with each other. If that's not something you want to do, then see if you can grab a family member you trust for babysitting (even for an hour to just sit and eat a meal together) and make sure you spend some time as a couple again, so you can talk purely about each other and how you both are (make sure to leave the children talk out of this time, just be into each other).

It's not selfish or greedy, it's protecting and building your relationship as people, so that you can be a family and work through all the changes, challenges and fun times that brings with it. I think the lockdowns and covid situation has made things probably feel a lot worse and intense.

I hope it was ok to reach out to you, I wish you all the best.
Thank you so very much for this honest reply. I totally agree with everything you've said, it's difficult going from a couple to parents and not finding the time to be a couple in amongst it. We've only had about 2hrs properly together to go for a meal when the kids were with family and it was fantastic just being "us" again! We definitely need more of it. I spoke with him last night about how I was feeling and said I wasn't happy with certain things and how he needs to communicate more openly with me about this that's bothering him so I can either help him through it or support him. Whatever he needs I'm happy to try assist as best as I can. I didn't realise how much of an impact or strain it can be at times having kids and the pressure it puts on your relationship. Thank you so much for reaching out, I really appreciate it ♥

• Heart
I was on fantastic holiday in caravan park in Eyemouth. Been there since Monday, came home today but I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Heart
I'm away at the moment and have just had dinner. Would have loved it in peace,but it seems that some people can't talk, they have to shout. And then there's tge screaming child whose parents do nothing.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
I can't this week. I don't know what's going on anymore.

A few days ago, I had posted about an unfair internal audit result. The saga has gone from bad to worse. My department head has decided to use my project as example of failures / deficiencies to drive a change in the process. They sent a global email saying " heads up internal audit has findings" on that very topic my project was used as sample for.

The project should have never been audited in the first place because it's still ongoing. Policy states internal audit should only audits closed projects because documentation can still be uploaded and missing items cross-checked before the project closure. There are still so many moving parts on live projects that you cannot come to a definite conclusion. For some reason, they picked this ongoing one. Whilst all the other projects that were picked as part of the audit sample were closed projects, this one was not, which is unfair to begin with.

The senior manager I'm working with on this project has escalated the issue, but apparently, my department has decided to use this an example.

It doesn't make any sense. It's as though an accounting firm would suddenly start auditing a client in September for their annual returns / statements when the client's fiscal year runs from Jan 1st to December 31st. Then the accounting suddenly comes up with a qualified audit. Non-sense.

I'm absolutely sick over it. I worked until I was sick for this project and now, this whole crusade is taking place. I didn't even get as much as a "thank you, great job" from anyone before the internal audit. Now, I'm being targeted for deficiencies that aren't even directly related to my work. Disgusting is an understatement.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Myself. I planned to chat with a friend tomorrow and then go out. They changed the plans for the day after - not cancelled, not a week away - a day after. Perfectly fine, but I was so set on doing it tomorrow and now my plans have changed and it’s freaking me out. I wish I could snap out of it 😆🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.