What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My school is late on paying me $3000 and I’m super stressed out because I have $0 in my debit accounts and rent is due on the 1. I’m supposed to get paid today but they said it’s disbursement day and it will take “a few days” to receive the money, etc. I’m currently having a panic attack right now. I need that money and not a lot of business days left in this month.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My school is late on paying me $3000 and I’m super stressed out because I have $0 in my debit accounts and rent is due on the 1. I’m supposed to get paid today but they said it’s disbursement day and it will take “a few days” to receive the money, etc. I’m currently having a panic attack right now. I need that money and not a lot of business days left in this month.
Can you ring your rent provider and explain the situation, of you have prove you will have the money as soon as they should hopefully let you pay late as a one off.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
People that talk so loudly in their gardens the whole street can hear them. There’s really no need

• Heart
Reactions: 15
E SCOOTERS!!!

I had just collected a package for delivery, walked out the building and nearly got hit by some bleep
on an e scooter who was on the pavement! According to the Security guard it's happened a few times
before. One guy even lost his JOB because he was caught using an e-scooter on the pavement.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I got an ice cream I've been wanting to get for ages. Not even 2 minutes after I exited the shop, the cup had already melted and turned into liquid. I almost ended up drinking it from the cup. I had to eat it in a rush to avoid having sticky ice cream liquid all over my hands.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I always manage to keep my mood okay during the day but as soon as night time comes i overthink and feel sad

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My surname - nobody can pronounce/spell it. Kinda annoying, going to have to change it at some point. It's Scottish but it may as well be Polish or Korean.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My surname - nobody can pronounce/spell it. Kinda annoying, going to have to change it at some point. It's Scottish but it may as well be Polish or Korean.
I’m curious to know what it is now lol. It’s not something like Menzies is it? Like, said how’s it’s written or said (where I’m from) as ming-us

Reactions: 1
I’m curious to know what it is. I’m also Scottish and my married name is always mispronounced and misspelled.

Reactions: 1
Can you ring your rent provider and explain the situation, of you have prove you will have the money as soon as they should hopefully let you pay late as a one off.
Thank you! I think I will email them as I’m quite socially anxious with calls. I didn’t think of it when I was panicking. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
bleeping flies. i’m being harassed at work by a fly, the same fly ALL WEEK. i have got an electric shock fly zapper from the pound shop but i still cant kill him to save my life. i look like a bleeping idiot playing tennis behind a till trying to catch a fly. i’m completely out of fly spray too 😭

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
E SCOOTERS!!!

I had just collected a package for delivery, walked out the building and nearly got hit by some bleep
on an e scooter who was on the pavement! According to the Security guard it's happened a few times
before. One guy even lost his JOB because he was caught using an e-scooter on the pavement.
They are illegal unless fully taxed and insured (and are prohibited on pavements). I'm not surprised you're cross.
They are an absolute menace. Quite literally death traps, in so many ways. Hopefully there will be a clamping down on them soon before any more deaths or serious injuries occur.

bleeping flies. i’m being harassed at work by a fly, the same fly ALL WEEK. i have got an electric shock fly zapper from the pound shop but i still cant kill him to save my life. i look like a bleeping idiot playing tennis behind a till trying to catch a fly. i’m completely out of fly spray too 😭
I've killed a few of the fuckers, soon as I kill one, another one appears, my trusty fly swatter stolen from an American hotel is still doing well.
Thankfully I haven't seen a fly in the past 4 days.

They are illegal unless fully taxed and insured (and are prohibited on pavements). I'm not surprised you're cross.
They are an absolute menace. Quite literally death traps, in so many ways. Hopefully there will be a clamping down on them soon before any more deaths or serious injuries occur.
Problem is in London, some areas have a trial scheme for e-scooters, whoever decided to trial them needs their head
examined. E-Scooters can be modified to go really fast, at least 35MPH, I've clocked one at 38MPH.

I can't see any form of clampdown, unless there is a massive increase in death.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I've killed a few of the fuckers, soon as I kill one, another one appears, my trusty fly swatter stolen from an American hotel is still doing well.
Thankfully I haven't seen a fly in the past 4 days.

Problem is in London, some areas have a trial scheme for e-scooters, whoever decided to trial them needs their head
examined. E-Scooters can be modified to go really fast, at least 35MPH, I've clocked one at 38MPH.

I can't see any form of clampdown, unless there is a massive increase in death.
It's an absolutely stupid trial. The whole thing makes me very cross.

The excessive fuss parents make over year 6 leaving junior school. I thought it was bad with my eldest a decade ago, all suits and limousines (he had a suit but he walked to his disco). It's beyond madness these days.

The kids had a festival, celebration day AT school. We have class photos. They don't need an extra day with blummin mortar boards like a graduation. I just find it utterly ludicrous and over the top.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
With luck the trials will fail and all e scooters totally banned.
There's a list online of all the places across England doing the trials. Local authorities have been put under massive pressure from environmental/climate change groups to promote clean air, yet road safety awareness groups who work to reduce road deaths say it will increase the accident rates. It's a bloody double edged sword isn't it 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.