What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An online friend has blocked me over a silly disagreement and now the birthday present I had ordered for them has just turned up, now I’m not sure to send it to them or bin it. It’s personalised so can’t even send it back 😡
Honestly, if it's just a silly disagreement then send it to your friend anyway . Shows you are the bigger person & hopefully you'll be friends again . X

Reactions: 8
Last year during lockdown we bought an 8ft pool for the kids as they were literally stuck at the house 24/7, they loved it. I bought it thinking this’ll be great we can get it out every year instead of buying those cheap inflatable ones all the time that need refilling constantly so we’ll also save a bit of water too hopefully. Last year I was the one doing all the maintenance, the chlorine and filters etc. We had an incident where the water went completely green and in the end needed emptying, cleaning and refilling, so I know how important pool cleanliness is.

Anyway my partner got the pool out today and cleaned it in anticipation for the nice weather at the weekend. Except he didn’t do a very good job at all!!!! I’m fuming because he filled the bloody thing up as well expecting me to just be able to do the chemical bit. There’s gunk around the inlets and so many bits in the pool that will take forever to fish out, the inside of the filter hasn’t been cleaned either. I feel bad for being angry because he was genuinely trying to help but he has a completely different standard of what clean is compared to me, he just doesn’t notice the little bits that need cleaning like under flaps where the side of the pool meets the bottom and the other things i mentioned. It’s going to be green in less than a week no matter what I do, so my only option now is to empty the bloody thing and do it myself. So much for saving water…. On a water meter too so that’s great. Another 600 gallons won’t hurt the bill I suppose🙄

On top of that, I have tested the pump and it’s making this godawful noise and I can’t figure out why. Stuff online isn’t really helping. I don’t want to buy another one if I can fix it but if I can’t I won’t be able to get another one until payday next week. By then the good weather will have probably gone and my kids will be disappointed again. Had a full on breakdown over it all in the garden, neighbours must think I’m mad. Honest to god, nothing I do in my life ever goes smoothly.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
An online friend has blocked me over a silly disagreement and now the birthday present I had ordered for them has just turned up, now I’m not sure to send it to them or bin it. It’s personalised so can’t even send it back 😡
Send it to them, be the bigger person. You have already spent money on it, and from your post it sounds as if you miss the friendship.

Ignore my post, someone has said this already, posted without reading thru till the end of the thread.

Last year during lockdown we bought an 8ft pool for the kids as they were literally stuck at the house 24/7, they loved it. I bought it thinking this’ll be great we can get it out every year instead of buying those cheap inflatable ones all the time that need refilling constantly so we’ll also save a bit of water too hopefully. Last year I was the one doing all the maintenance, the chlorine and filters etc. We had an incident where the water went completely green and in the end needed emptying, cleaning and refilling, so I know how important pool cleanliness is.

Anyway my partner got the pool out today and cleaned it in anticipation for the nice weather at the weekend. Except he didn’t do a very good job at all!!!! I’m fuming because he filled the bloody thing up as well expecting me to just be able to do the chemical bit. There’s gunk around the inlets and so many bits in the pool that will take forever to fish out, the inside of the filter hasn’t been cleaned either. I feel bad for being angry because he was genuinely trying to help but he has a completely different standard of what clean is compared to me, he just doesn’t notice the little bits that need cleaning like under flaps where the side of the pool meets the bottom and the other things i mentioned. It’s going to be green in less than a week no matter what I do, so my only option now is to empty the bloody thing and do it myself. So much for saving water…. On a water meter too so that’s great. Another 600 gallons won’t hurt the bill I suppose🙄

On top of that, I have tested the pump and it’s making this godawful noise and I can’t figure out why. Stuff online isn’t really helping. I don’t want to buy another one if I can fix it but if I can’t I won’t be able to get another one until payday next week. By then the good weather will have probably gone and my kids will be disappointed again. Had a full on breakdown over it all in the garden, neighbours must think I’m mad. Honest to god, nothing I do in my life ever goes smoothly.

My daughter found a dead squirrel( under the cover) in hers last year and was devastated as she said she heard some noises but didn't think anything of it. she won't put it up now.

Does the pump need cleaning? are they like pond pumps where you clean them out? My cats have a fountain and every couple of mths I take the pump apart and clean it with limescale remover. They don't tell you to do this hoping you will keep forking out for new ones..

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Send it to them, be the bigger person. You have already spent money on it, and from your post it sounds as if you miss the friendship.

Ignore my post, someone has said this already, posted without reading thru till the end of the thread.
Thank you I appreciate it, it’s a complicated friendship and now I think I’ve ruined it completely. I will still post it though, if they send it back or throw it away then that’s up to them I guess

Reactions: 2
My daughter found a dead squirrel( under the cover) in hers last year and was devastated as she said she heard some noises but didn't think anything of it. she won't put it up now.

Does the pump need cleaning? are they like pond pumps where you clean them out? My cats have a fountain and every couple of mths I take the pump apart and clean it with limescale remover. They don't tell you to do this hoping you will keep forking out for new ones..
It’s a fairly simple and small cartridge pump. The noise can be one of two things I think. Either a blockage, which I can’t see that there is one unless I take it apart or the motor is fucked. I also realised the pump wasn’t sitting on a level surface and apparently that can mess it up too. If it’s the motor then that’s disappointing as it only lasted one summer.

Don’t want to admit that I regret buying the whole set up but… I regret buying the whole set up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
It’s a fairly simple and small cartridge pump. The noise can be one of two things I think. Either a blockage, which I can’t see that there is one unless I take it apart or the motor is fucked. I also realised the pump wasn’t sitting on a level surface and apparently that can mess it up too. If it’s the motor then that’s disappointing as it only lasted one summer.

Don’t want to admit that I regret buying the whole set up but… I regret buying the whole set up.
Update: new pool cover I bought doesn’t fit either. Kill me.

• Sad
Husband asked me to help in the garden. Cue me looking like a big fat sweaty toad, Then says, oh my plumber friends are here to look at the boiler.... in walk 2 6ft GODS. Kill me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My mum.

She is so self absorbed and so bitter/jealous towards me. I stopped telling her anything about me/my life a while ago because it was always met with a blunt snarky response then she would change the subject back to her eg. if I told her something I was happy/excited about her typical response would be 'oh it's alright for some'. Now I have to endure getting multiple messages a day telling me all about her and her life and never once does she ever ask about me. Even when it was my birthday last month all I got was 'Happy Birthday' then waffle about her day - she never even asked if I had a nice day/had plans etc.

Most days I'm fine with it but every so often I get a day like today where it just gets to me and I wish I had a mum who showed even a little bit of interest in me. Anyways, just having a quick rant on here to get it off my chest and make me feel better!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Bumped into someone my partner knows when we were out earlier, who was also with his girlfriend. I’ve met the girlfriend before but only briefly so don’t know her well. Anyway, she looked at me and said that she didn’t realise congratulations were in order and when am I due. 😬

id not dream of ever asking anyone when they’re due unless I knew for sure, proper upset me! Especially as it’s not the first time it’s happened

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Bumped into someone my partner knows when we were out earlier, who was also with his girlfriend. I’ve met the girlfriend before but only briefly so don’t know her well. Anyway, she looked at me and said that she didn’t realise congratulations were in order and when am I due. 😬

id not dream of ever asking anyone when they’re due unless I knew for sure, proper upset me! Especially as it’s not the first time it’s happened
@WilmaHun that’s just down right rude and a reflection on the horrible/bitchy type of person she is. I know it’s easier said than done but try not take it to heart 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@WilmaHun that’s just down right rude and a reflection on the horrible/bitchy type of person she is. I know it’s easier said than done but try not take it to heart 💛
In fairness to this random person I don't know, I don't think we can assume she's horrible or bitchy. She might just be totally oblivious or not very good socially. The majority of people know not to say things like that!

However, I also know what it's like to be in your situation and it is very hurtful. Try not do dwell on it for too long. I do know that's easier said than done.

On the upside she's probably cringing herself inside out right now and will never speak so unthinkingly again.

I'm not trying to dismiss how you feel though. I know it's a rubbishy thing to happen.

It is quite a horrible thing to say. You never know someone's situation so you should just keep your mouth shut. She's either really rude or really dosy and thick. Don't dwell on it too much @WilmaHun I know it's tit. My fellas Nan loves asking me if I'm pregnant and poking my belly 😬

What's annoying me.... everything

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Didn't realise I got nail glue on my other finger when doing my nails, so 2 fingers ended up glued together, pulled it apart and it's ripped a few layers of skin off and won't stop bleeding now 😖

• Sad
  • Wow
My Asda delivery didn't come (I saw the driver stop outside my house and have a cigarette and then drive off) and I am isolating due to being pinged on the NHS app. I called up customer services and they said I could order again and they'd refund the original order (but this would take a few days to refund) or I could collect the order from their head office.

I told them I can't collect it and I don't want to have to reorder it because then I'd be out of pocket twice until the bank refunds me. She just kept repeating those two options and in the end I just said I wasn't interested in the order anymore and to please cancel immediately.

I was just looking forward to drinking the couple of craft beers I bought over the weekend in the garden as it's meant to be warm. I also bought some nice breakfast stuff to cheer myself up, but instead I'll be having stale cereal with out of date milk as that's the only thing I have in my fridge 😅.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The heat. I’ve got the fan on full blast and I’m still sweating my tits off.

My Asda delivery didn't come (I saw the driver stop outside my house and have a cigarette and then drive off) and I am isolating due to being pinged on the NHS app. I called up customer services and they said I could order again and they'd refund the original order (but this would take a few days to refund) or I could collect the order from their head office.

I told them I can't collect it and I don't want to have to reorder it because then I'd be out of pocket twice until the bank refunds me. She just kept repeating those two options and in the end I just said I wasn't interested in the order anymore and to please cancel immediately.

I was just looking forward to drinking the couple of craft beers I bought over the weekend in the garden as it's meant to be warm. I also bought some nice breakfast stuff to cheer myself up, but instead I'll be having stale cereal with out of date milk as that's the only thing I have in my fridge 😅.
That takes the piss

The heat. I’ve got the fan on full blast and I’m still sweating my tits off.
It's so warm. I hate that it's going to get even warmer tomorrow and Sunday.

That takes the piss
I know right? I never really know what to say in these situations because it's not the customer service rep's fault but now I'm a bit stuck 😅 . Never ordering a home delivery from Asda again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.