What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My vet ... every time, without fail, that we take one of our pets for a consultation, they insist on a blood test and x-ray ($790 all up for today's visit). It's bloody ridiculous. Nine times out of 10 the results are 'inconclusive' anyway. I just don't trust them anymore. Our poor elderly cat is now off to another vet for a second opinion.

- - -

On another note, I'd be interested to hear if the following would annoy any of you:
  • A friend comes to stay in your home for a few weeks whilst their house is being renovated. While you're out one day, they invite one of their other friends over, with her three kids in tow. When you arrive home, it's to your friend giving this person a grand tour of YOUR home.
  • You spend a fortune on a gift for a friend and don't get so much as a 'thank you' email or text. When you raise it with someone close to this person, they snap at you for being unreasonable because "they're a busy person" (aren't we all).

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
You spend a fortune on a gift for a friend and don't get so much as a 'thank you' email or text. When you raise it with someone close to this person, they snap at you for being unreasonable because "they're a busy person" (aren't we all).
This is not unreasonable at all. It’s the height of rudeness.

Reactions: 9
This new go back to the office guidance in the UK. but the huge asterix about what you need to do in the office, so its clearly not safe. Ive worked exactly the same at home. Im an introvert, i suffer from anxiety and depression which, before all the "come back" conversations was pretty much under control.
I also have a bowel condition so will no doubt have to deal with the embarrassment of running back and forward to the toilet in the office

I've been so anxious ive gone on antidepressants just to try and get me level before i have to return. Its all enforced fun too, meals out, nights out, team building... i just want to be in my bed

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Softplays pricing! Now they're reopening they're charging over double what the admission fee used to be. I know covid has really impacted them but it's ridiculous now

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Softplays pricing! Now they're reopening they're charging over double what the admission fee used to be. I know covid has really impacted them but it's ridiculous now
All kid activities are extortionate I think. a farm and softplay day out near as a family of 3 would cost us £60, atm my youngest doesn’t get charged but soon it will be £70 I don’t understand how they can justify charging adults £15+ for such things.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
All kid activities are extortionate I think. a farm and softplay day out near as a family of 3 would cost us £60, atm my youngest doesn’t get charged but soon it will be £70 I don’t understand how they can justify charging adults £15+ for such things.
It's ridiculous! I don't understand it either, like of course you want to do nice things as a family but when the prices are like that, you can't do it as often due to the pricing. It's so unfair!

Reactions: 1
  • You spend a fortune on a gift for a friend and don't get so much as a 'thank you' email or text. When you raise it with someone close to this person, they snap at you for being unreasonable because "they're a busy person" (aren't we all).
I disagree. Saying it's unreasonable because they're busy is an embarrassingly lame excuse.
How much time does it take to say 'thank you'. We live in an age of smart technology. A quick text takes no time at all, same with a phone call or simply
buying a thank you card and popping it in the post. There is no excuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Where to actually bleeping start today.

1. I've got a methodology chapter to write.
  2. My driving instructor has changed my lesson today at the last minute
  3. I just want to go back to bed but I've stripped my bed sheets.
  4. I keep having panic attacks about all of the above.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I have a couple of friends on instagram that I know from uni/school who are just pissing me off right now.

One is a flight attendant, lovely girl but somewhat tone deaf about posting photos of herself in luxury hotel rooms sat in the sunshine on some Caribbean island every other week; granted she's self-isolating in her room for 3 days until she can come out and turn back home but she gets room service delivered, has all the mod cons, has a beautiful view and gets to travel the world when the rest of us are stuck here and have no hope of going anywhere any time soon.

Second one decided to move to Dubai in summer last year to teach at a school there and constantly moans about how she wants to go back home and how unfair it is that Dubai is on the red list. I don't know how dim you have to be to move to a different country in the middle of a pandemic when - at that point - various countries had said that they weren't allowing foreign travel for the duration of 2021 (Australia, NZ etc.) and then moan that you can't pop home in the 6 week summer holidays that you have. Plus she keeps posting videos and reels of her and her mates going out and getting absolutely wasted on beaches in tiny bikinis; I've never been to Dubai but knowing it's a muslim country/is largely populated by people of the muslim faith it seems disrespectful to me to be doing that every Friday and Saturday night.

Our one double the prices, starting charging the adults and all for 2-hour sessions rather than letting people stay all day if they wanted.

The baby had a membership and only got to use it twice, they did extend it but we were still lockdown and they were closed.
and will take picnics etc
I can no longer afford to take the grandchildren out, so now we are looking for free large parks and will take picnics etc. dread to think what we will do for winter. but probably be locked down anyway the way things are.

Took the kids to Rushmear Park yesterday ( Leighton Buzzards) ) total cost for all of us was £4 to park the car.

Maybe someone could make a thread on good cheap days out for the kids. I don't know if that's allowed or not.

Reactions: 2
I guess from the perspective of these places - they have been closed for ages not getting any money, their business rate holiday has ended and they have to pay back what is owing from when they were closed, many will have higher overheads from the Covid-measures such as cleaning required, PPE for staff and because of social distancing they won’t be allowed to have as many people in as before - hence why an all-day access is no longer allowed.
There are plenty of things to do with children that doesn’t cost a lot of money - just Googling ‘free events for children’ brings up a long list. When I was a child we didn’t have enough money to afford days out to play centres, cinema, bowling (I first went as an adult) but would go to the local park, a walk in the woods etc. Doing arts and crafts is relatively low cost on a rainy day - places like Wilko’s and Poundland are cheap for felt tips/crayons, coloured paper. There are loads of ideas for things to make online and on YouTube.

Our one double the prices, starting charging the adults and all for 2-hour sessions rather than letting people stay all day if they wanted.

The baby had a membership and only got to use it twice, they did extend it but we were still lockdown and they were closed.
and will take picnics etc
I can no longer afford to take the grandchildren out, so now we are looking for free large parks and will take picnics etc. dread to think what we will do for winter. but probably be locked down anyway the way things are.

Took the kids to Rushmear Park yesterday ( Leighton Buzzards) ) total cost for all of us was £4 to park the car.

Maybe someone could make a thread on good cheap days out for the kids. I don't know if that's allowed or not.
That's shocking isn't it!! Ours is the same, it's now charging for adults and it shows their previous prices as under 5's it's £5 but when you use the booking system and contact them it's £13 now. I need to pay full price for my daughter to come who's 10 weeks old and obviously can't go into the soft play area. So I'd be almost £30 for me, 10 week daughter and 2 year old son to go for him to play for 90 mins.

I was looking forward to them opening as its an activity he really enjoys and I could grab a coffee but it's definitely gonna need to just be a treat just now, as its not something I'd be able to afford weekly as I'm part time and currently on maternity leave.

Park and picnic idea sounds really good! I'm gonna look into some nearby us and go one day now the good weather's returned!
I agree about winter time, it'll be a struggle for ideas if we go back into lockdown which I think could be the case!

I wanna treat myself to some new clothes but I can't find anything I like :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Went out to thin out my tomatoes.

Accidentally grabbed a baby stinging nettle with my right hand.

• Sad
My MIL is making such a difference now my SIL is pregnant.. she has never offered to have my daughter over night even when my daughter has asked for a sleep over at granny's but now my sil is pregnant she is now converting her spare room into a 'nursery' for when the baby arrives and goes round to her house. She has bought loads of baby stuff but when my little girl was born we got nothing at all.... is it normal to be annoyed or am I just being jealous?
Same here & since I spilt with her precious son she doesn’t even speak to my kids, oh well what they never had will never miss I suppose, the kids call her horrible grandma 🙊

• Heart
What breed is the dog? I just ask as some dogs it’s a welfare issue. Not saying this to be mean, I am only saying it as maybe someone who’s not taking on new clients will take them as it’s a welfare issue if that makes sense? Have you tried to do a wanted post on one of the local area Facebook groups? I hope you get in somewhere soon!
I have a Pomeranian. I posted to our local FB page and got loads of recommendations but as I called them up, they all said they aren’t accepting new clients. Luckily, someone else mentioned that vets can clip nails so I called up the nearest vet and they’re happy to do it tomorrow. It doesn’t solve the issue of her needing her fur cut, so we won’t be winning any awards for looks once I’m done, BUT at least the nails will be done and she’ll be way more comfortable!

The US - Canada border is still bleeping closed after 16 months. Come bleeping on! I’m double vaxxed, my family is double vaxxed, I have no family or friends in Canada. I just want to be able to see my friends and family very soon. It’s been long overdue!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I have a Pomeranian. I posted to our local FB page and got loads of recommendations but as I called them up, they all said they aren’t accepting new clients. Luckily, someone else mentioned that vets can clip nails so I called up the nearest vet and they’re happy to do it tomorrow. It doesn’t solve the issue of her needing her fur cut, so we won’t be winning any awards for looks once I’m done, BUT at least the nails will be done and she’ll be way more comfortable!
I know it probably won’t look pretty but you could do it yourself with some clippers. The dog probably won’t behave that well though like it does at the vets - I did a lhasa Apso I had years ago. He was a wee shite when I did it and an angel at the groomers!

I asked my boyfriend to help me rearrange a bit of furniture to see what it looked like and he said no so I did it myself (it looks good 💅) I was on a bit of a rearranging / styling the room mission then he came in to the kitchen going, “IM HUNGRY WHAT TIME’s DINNER” which instantly got my back up. duck off, I’ll cook dinner when I’m ready, I’ve worked all day and now I’m making our house look nice while you’ve lay on the sofa all day doing duck all! (We take it in turns to cook, so he isn’t just a sexist pig, but it fucked me off), then I asked him to help me with the bin as it’s overfull and now imposssible to remove the bin bag and he went mental cos he’d just lay back down on the sofa. God he’s such a lazy duck sometimes!

Anyway now I’m running a bath so he can wait even longer, the prick

• Sad
  • Heart
Big accident on the motorway, confirmed fatalities yet people still think it's perfectly fine to post pictures and videos all over Facebook. Absolutely winds me up, have some respect!

• Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.