Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HumphreyB

VIP Member
Traffic, one of the things I was grateful for during lockdown was ease of getting to and from any errands I had to do. The traffic is crazy again.

Reactions: 2

GlennCoco

VIP Member
I'm not sure how old she is but honestly if there is lots of accidents she clearly isn't ready. I'd wait a few more months. When they are ready it will only take a week xx
She will be 3 next month, felt like we were doing okay on Thursday and Friday but yesterday was just terrible xx

• Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
I was going to apply for a rather interesting ESG role. Went through the regular education/experience questions, then I saw the "diversity" questionnaire requesting the below information:
  • Race affiliation
  • Highest level of education achieved by parents by the time you turned 18
  • Were you availing of Free School Meals at any point during your school years?
  • What type of school did you attend (State-run selective school, state run non-selective, independent fee-paying school etc..)?
  • Would you describe yourself as coming from a lower socio-economic background compared to people in general?
I was astonished. What on earth is this? I don't believe these questions are genuinely asked in the name of so-called "diversity". These are quite discriminatory/intrusive questions that no one should be required to answer within the scope of a job application. It infringes several legal principles. Whilst I've seen "race" and "sexual orientation" being listed in questions for another companies, the above listed are the cherry on top. What does my parents' level of education or free school meals have anything to do with my professional capacities and credentials at this stage? Besides, the "compared to people in general" - what does this even mean? Smaller niche companies are sometimes out of this world with their application process.

Definitely cancelled the whole process once I saw these highly discriminatory questions in the same of "diversity". Yeah, right. Supposedly, the data will never be linked back to the individual application or be seen by the hiring manager. Well, surely enough, if they are part of the application questionnaire and you can't submit your application before answering these questions, then yes, by default the answers will be linked to your application. Who on earth are they fooling, I wonder.
Actually many companies, I would say most of the FTSE companies in the UK are doing this. You can choose not to answer them, is voluntarily. If it is mandatory then something is definitely wrong.

Discriminative goes beyond that, by looking at your name (ethic minority!) / address/ school/ years of experience, the people who screen you can profile your class, wealth, your age (this is so damaging for female, because god forbid you decided to have baby while on employment) based on all the information you submitted.

Idk what the solution is really :(

AlanBanan

VIP Member
It’s 3 and the neighbours are killing each other, they had a party and it was all good until around 20 mins ago and now like 5-6 people are screaming and killing each other.

If I was a rat I’d call the guards but I’m not so I’m just gonna have to sit it through.

Rxt156

VIP Member
I was annoyed and came here to rant BUT the shocking opinions of some have amused me no end.
10/10 a cracking read. Well done all.

Link to the Simone thread plz?

• Haha

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Eurgh. I would hassle them tomorrow. Your call from today should be logged so they can look it up. I bombarded iceland on social media
I am bombarding them now on social media even though they're closed 😅.

It's just the sheer cheek of it! It was meant to be delivered between 6-8 and I call them at 8:45 and the lady says "yeah the driver tried to deliver but no one was in". I ask them to cancel because of all the hassle and now the tracking says delivered? What a waste of a 45 minute phone call that was.

nbt

VIP Member
My husband is a hoarder, not literally but. He kept the iPhone box and laptop box because quote “I might sell it one day”….
Oh god, mine does that. They all go into the loft and then he stresses every time he goes in there because “there’s so much shit”. Yes hun, it’s full of cardboard boxes!

• Haha

Curly Top

VIP Member
I reacted like this to some mosquito bites recently. Now I won’t go out with bare legs and/or strong repellent. There seem to be a lot of insects around this year.
I agree. I always react to bites but this year I had about five huge bites down one leg and I was not even aware I was bitten. They came up so red and huge they were impossible to hide and people kept remarking on them. As if I didn't know!!
Water and lavender essence in a compress is heaven on these itchy bites. It really soothes them. I hope that helps someone.

• Heart

Lanie

VIP Member
My school is late on paying me $3000 and I’m super stressed out because I have $0 in my debit accounts and rent is due on the 1. I’m supposed to get paid today but they said it’s disbursement day and it will take “a few days” to receive the money, etc. I’m currently having a panic attack right now. I need that money and not a lot of business days left in this month.
Can you ring your rent provider and explain the situation, of you have prove you will have the money as soon as they should hopefully let you pay late as a one off.

• Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when people at the till call you "young lady"? I'm 31, so I don't think the endearing "young lady" is appropriate. I'm rather petite and had my mask on, but I always get the "young lady", or worse, I once got "kiddo". I'm not offended when someone says "young lady" as I'm not old either, but it's a bit weird as I always think this term is better suited for children, teenagers and perhaps women in their early twenties. Not grown women in their 30s.
It's a bit patronising , can see why it irritates you
And these days the ' young ladies' might not even identify as female .

JOHN1967

VIP Member
My husband is a hoarder, not literally but. He kept the iPhone box and laptop box because quote “I might sell it one day”….
I won't like or encourage your post, because I am a hoarder too.

Problem is at my age, over 54, it has just struck me, what am going to do with it all. We have no kids so noone to use all my key chains etc. So have begrudgingly started to come to my senses and have started using the stuff.

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
I'm really pleased England are in the final but I've had to deactivate my Twitter account this morning because evert single post was some variation of 'It's coming home' and it is pretty bloody tiresome.

Still hope they win but I'm all too happy to disengage from the hysteria. I'm actually in Scotland for a work event on Sunday evening so imagine it'll be pretty low-key if England win!

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
It's so less stressy when a boiler packs up in summer isn't it??
No need for radiators and a cold shower will do in this weather. Can boil a kettle for the washing up etc.
Boiler man came this morning fixed it then tested the water outlet for hot water and adjusted the thermostat to test the heating.

All back to normal and working so I grabbed my car keys as he left and went to the shops only to return to find he left the thermostat on. The heat that hit me when I walked thru the front door was hotter than the fucking hottest part of the equater.🔥🔥🔥🌡☀ Not even bearable. Had to open all doors and windows even tho there wasn't even the slightest bit of breeze to make a difference.

#I'vemelted
#🤬

Last edited:
  • Wow