Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VIP Member
The weather.

Raining but hot. How do you dress for that?
Welcome to my world!!

I'm a motorcycle courier, when the weather is wet and warm, waterproofs are completely POINTLESS!!
You either get wet or sweat, in most cases BOTH. The weather is impossible all year around and the
weather forecast which is often WRONG doesn't bloody well help.

• Angry
Reactions: 2

LittleMy

VIP Member
Those tiny flies that zip off when you see them 😤 I know I’m vegan but they’re ruining my evening beer because I can’t put my drink down. And if I try to clap them my dog gets worked up thinking I’ve gone loopy. I know bluebottles are annoying but at least they let you kick them out the house!
Fruit flies? Make a trap for them; fill a small container of apple cider vinegar and add a few drops of dish soap to it. Leave it in the area the flies have been hanging around and let it do it’s thing. They’ll be attracted to the vinegar but the soap will kill them off. We got them a lot last summer, drove me mad but the trap worked.

Thing that’s annoying me today…well, that would be the giant zit on my chin. :(

• Heart

1001 others

VIP Member
I hate the weekend before you go back to work after a big event. Had an incredible wedding day last Saturday and an amazing mini-moon, since we've got home yesterday I've felt like shite and just want to crawl into bed and cry at the thought of getting up Monday morning.
A wise person once told me to book leave on either side of a big weekend - on the day prior, so you can do all your housework before the event; and on the day after, so you can chill out and psych yourself up for work. It works!

Sweetgirl89

The heat 🔥😓

I'm after seeing a snapchat of a girl I know all done up in makeup looking pretty.
It just baffles me how are some girls/women dolling themselves up and they don't look like the heat is affecting them at all. They just look cool and calm.

I'm a sticky mess. It does not matter how much I cool myself down or wash myself in 5 mins I'm a mess.

Cause I'm so sticky and feel so gross I'm paranoid that I smell. I keep checking but I smell fine. Just feel awful.

I ended up falling asleep on top of my bed.

Surely these girls I see all done up are suffering the same as us sweating to death and feel gross.
I couldn't cope with a full face of make up.

I can't do anything at the moment. Just lying down trying to breathe is enough.

Redyellowgreen

Chatty Member
I can absolutely relate. My MIL is generally amazing and I love her but her level of support when I was pregnant and when my kids were tiny was non existent compared to other own daughter. I just put it down to the fact mums and their daughters can be closer? Doesnt make it any easier. Mine has never changed, my kids are older now and have still never had a sleep over in their nans
It's not even her daughter it's her sons wife who is having the baby 😂 yet she's getting all the special treatment 😡

TheGlossy

VIP Member
This sunburn which is itchy and painful.

The fact that I have to choose between my performance review and my first COVID vaccine appointment. Both have been scheduled at the exact same time! I've been hesitant about getting the vaccine and suffer from side effects in this heat (in addition to the anxiety over the unknown long-term effects). I've been looking for a sign as to whether I should postpone and go ahead, then I received the performance review invite from my manager on the last day of the cycle. I guess I have my sign now lol.

Last edited:

Rxt156

VIP Member
I had garlic bread and it made me feel sick.

Also, I’ve a bun in the oven and feel so unwell 😂😭

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Following on from my rant about car insurance prices yesterday, feeling the same about car prices!
Insurance I’ve looked at is doing a valuation 6k less than asking price for car I want (how does that even work? Want to make sure not being ripped off)
Another car I had seen actually had 10,000 more miles than advertised so again felt overpriced but no idea what I actually should be paying 🤣
Check out Parker’s

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Nobody knows what she (and many others) went through because of the vile and disgusting paedophile doctor Larry Nassa. 🤬 They were sexually abused for many years, through their childhood and teenage years. I cannot fathom what that would do to them and all aspects of their health. 😓 I don’t see how someone taking time out to focus on their mental health would annoy someone.
I thought that's what the original poster maybe have meant without actually saying it. She's dropped out and we all know the reason behind it - nuff said.
I may be wrong though.

lemonlime

VIP Member
All the construction work going around in my neighbourhood. They are fixing some pipes so everywhere is dug up, feels like I'm living in the trenches and the bloody dust and noise is endless. I have every sympathy for the guys who have to do the hard work but I wish it was over already. 😩

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
The weather, it's been super humid, cloudy and gloomy for about a week now 😢

Editing to add - not to mention the wettest start to July ever recorded 😭

• Heart

GlennCoco

VIP Member
That I thought the worse of the terrible twos were over now. My son is practically 3 you can say but if anything it's just as bad unless it goes over to 3's but you never hear people calling it the terrible 3's!! Arghhhhh!!!! 🤯
We're at the threenager stage, she is so sassy and her attitude 🙈 I am not looking forward to her actual teenage years 😩

• Haha

GlennCoco

VIP Member
Same age and month buddy as mine😄 and he is the same hun. There is no rush, they will do it when they're ready. The ones who boast that theres did it from age 1 or 2 (yes I did read someone potty training there kid at age 1🙄) are just show offs and make others feel pressurised, and there will be accidents along the way and one step forward, two steps back. It's normal. 😊
I'm pleased that mine isn't the only one who is doing it in their own time! I guess i feel pressured coz her best friend at nursery is a bit younger than her and she is dry all the time and then my mum has been banging on about it for about 12 months and now reckons that we're going to have many many problems now because we've left it too late.

And then I cant stop with the mum guilt like "what if we did leave it too late? What if she is going to end up traumatised by it all? What if what if what if?" 😔

• Heart

Mumamimi

Been asked to come into work on my day off only to sit here for half an hour with nothing to do - beyond livid! My manager isn’t in so I can’t moan at anyone about it!

• Angry
I thought that's what the original poster maybe have meant without actually saying it. She's dropped out and we all know the reason behind it - nuff said.
I may be wrong though.
Why would it be something you’d be annoyed at. If anything, good for her for making that decision, performing in the Olympics itself must put a lot of pressure on her mental health. I took if differently but I may be wrong as to what original poster meant. Apologies if that is the case.