What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You did not overreact at all. Judging from their behaviour, they are the crappy ones, 100 percent. I’m so sorry you and your partner had to deal with this. Unfortunately, there’s a chance that their company is as racist as they are.
I agree with Isabella! I hope the company takes it seriously because that's disgusting and as an Asian myself I really sympathise with your partner. Racism isn't ok and not funny. It makes you feel so so small when it it targeted at you. Well done on calling them out and making an complaint.

--

The fact I have work at 7am tomorrow. I wish I was rich. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The weather, it's been super humid, cloudy and gloomy for about a week now 😢

Editing to add - not to mention the wettest start to July ever recorded 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't know if Boots suddenly decided to remove their packs of 2 masks for €3 (that were the perfect size) and sell €15 packs instead, but near impossible to find the usual pack of 2 for €3 in any Boots today. I gave up after the 2nd Boots I checked. In case they didn't realize, masks are still mandatory in Ireland and I don't want to pay €15 for masks (pack of 4). I get it might be different in the UK from the 19th on, but I'm never buying €15 worth of disposable masks in one go. They don't even display them at the entrance anymore. You have to go and fetch them somewhere in some back aisle. First time I've seen this since the pandemic hit. Where are they going with this?

My MIL is making such a difference now my SIL is pregnant.. she has never offered to have my daughter over night even when my daughter has asked for a sleep over at granny's but now my sil is pregnant she is now converting her spare room into a 'nursery' for when the baby arrives and goes round to her house. She has bought loads of baby stuff but when my little girl was born we got nothing at all.... is it normal to be annoyed or am I just being jealous?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I am sick of being last on everyone’s list. I have reached out to a few friends, asked them to get together, just casually, no massive pressure, but I feel like I really need it. Been told by a couple they can’t as they’re too busy, and one made a date for breakfast one morning but now she’s just cancelled as she has things to do. I’ve asked a few other mums about play dates in the holidays, basically got one date offered and that’s it. How do other people maintain friendships?? I’m starting to think maybe I’m just being phased out by everyone I know and should just give up on it all 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I am sick of being last on everyone’s list. I have reached out to a few friends, asked them to get together, just casually, no massive pressure, but I feel like I really need it. Been told by a couple they can’t as they’re too busy, and one made a date for breakfast one morning but now she’s just cancelled as she has things to do. I’ve asked a few other mums about play dates in the holidays, basically got one date offered and that’s it. How do other people maintain friendships?? I’m starting to think maybe I’m just being phased out by everyone I know and should just give up on it all 🤦🏼‍♀️
My life is like this - people always say "we need to catch up" but nothing ever comes of it!

• Sad
I was just crying about this literally a minute ago. I hate it so much. 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My MIL is making such a difference now my SIL is pregnant.. she has never offered to have my daughter over night even when my daughter has asked for a sleep over at granny's but now my sil is pregnant she is now converting her spare room into a 'nursery' for when the baby arrives and goes round to her house. She has bought loads of baby stuff but when my little girl was born we got nothing at all.... is it normal to be annoyed or am I just being jealous?
You have every right to be annoyed, I get on well with my MIL but she’s the same, favours her daughters children over her sons (mine)

My life is like this - people always say "we need to catch up" but nothing ever comes of it!
This is so true!

Prior to the pandemic, I cut off every single "friend" who kept saying "we need to catch up", but whenever I asked "When are you free?", they'd find an excuse or avoid the question altogether. This is ridiculous. Don't say "we need to catch up" if you don't intend on catching up. People say this to make themselves feel better, but I know they don't mean it if they don't follow through with plans (outside of this pandemic, of course).

I also ended up cutting off a bunch of people who clearly only reached out to me during the lockdown because they were bored and were keeping me around by saying "we need to catch up when the madness is over", but I haven't heard from them in months, not even to catch up but just a "Hey, how are you" text. For instance, I had this male friend I've know for 5 years who used to text me fairly regularly and even more so during the pandemic. I one day disclosed the fact I had just spent the night at the emergency and needed to see a neurologist. Fine, he texted me a week or two later to ask me whether I managed to get an appointment at the neurologist. I responded to say "no" blah blah. He never answered to this last text yet he is the one who initiated. It's been two whole months. During these two months, lockdown has been fully lifted where he lives (everything is open, back to working from the office etc...). Figures he was just bored during lockdown. I'm still mad about this, but this type of behavior is called "have a nice life" on my end.

I'd rather be alone (which I am now), than to have to deal with people who have zero consideration for people's feelings. I did a great phone clean up and deleted certain numbers. Lockdown taught me a lot and really proved the weaknesses of certain "friendships". If a person is not willing to make an effort, they simply don't care enough. I need friends who are willing to be all in or all out. In the meantime, I'm fine with myself. Lukewarm friends add more stress than anything else because you end up constantly questioning yourself as to why they cancel plans/why they haven't reached out/why they keep saying we need to catch up and never bother.

I just wish I had a "best friend" or a partner or a solid family unit and I wouldn't care about having a whole bunch people I don't care to deal with around me. In the meantime, this situation I'm in is a clean slate.

Sorry, I talk a lot! :m

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This doesn't annoy me as such maybe frustrates me a little at times.

This is mainly just for the ladies.

How do you women do it. Keep yourselfs so nice. I mean the ones in particular who are always turned out lovely. Have their hair lovely nails done smell gorgeous.

I've been in the supermarket or post office a few times and walk by a lady and just get this wonderful perfume off her.

Every time I'm like in my head, that's it I give up. I keep myself clean and don't think I smell bad but don't think I'd give off such a strong pleasant scent.

I passed by a lady in an aisle and just got a big smell of freshly washed and clean scent off her as I passed by.

Maybe I just can't smell myself that well.
This isn't about smells though.

I feel frustrated at times cause I see a mother with a few kids and she looks lovely and smells gorgeous and I'm just like that's it I give up, cause she with a couple of kids can look so well turned out.
There’s me with no kids and I probably look like I have a house load with the way I look.

I'm low maintenance happy to be. I mainly wear tshirts and jogging bottoms.

I don't want style advice or hair and beauty.
I'm happy the way I am. I don't wear makeup.
I know I could probably look 10 times better than I do but can't be arsed 😂 and it's not who I am.

I do have a boyfriend who loves me to pieces. So can't be all that bad.

It just baffles me how you ladies do it. Do you ladies realise how much work you's put into yourselves everyday. You's deserve a medal.

I still have my original brows and I'm proud of that so few do these days.

Hair and makeup and tanning and shaving.
Nail appointments alright and hair appointments sure but now there is eyebrow appointments. Maintain that. Go back for other appointments.

Then there is makeup. After doing everything still makeup to do. I would cry at the thought if I had to apply makeup.

Tanning so much effort.
I follow a girl on Instagram and she was sharing her tanning routine, she showers, exfoliates, moisturises, applys tan, then showers again

I just can't imagine doing all that.

I'm sure all this effort is why so many of you look amazing every day.
It will never be me.

I just shaved my armpits and nearly wanted to cry. There's still my legs and my down there area. Plus I get hairs on my belly.

You ladies do hair makeup remove every bit of hair and smell amazing.

I see these types of girls who are everyday full face of beautiful makeup with long nails beautifully turned out and long hair down.
I know a girl in particular like that and I just think like do they help out with housework at home cause I can't imagine them getting all hot and flustered all done up like that and this is everyday.

I just go to wipe something up in the house and I'm all hot and bothered and sweating.

So don't know how the beautiful people do it.

Or you see the mom's with just a nice jumper and jeans and trainers on but she looks effortlessly chic even with her kids with her and there's me looking like I was dragged through a hedge and looking like I have a house full of kids.

Is there a trick to keeping scent on you. I know plenty say exfoliate and apply scent.
Most everyday people just grab the perfume bottle and spray themselves and smell amazing and leave a beautiful smell everywhere they go.

I run into women like this all the time.

All ladies should be given a round of applause cause I don't how you's can do it.

I can't be arsed even thinking about half of it.

This probably doesn't make sense but thanks for reading

Last edited:
  • Heart
How many f*cking Shannon Matthews documentaries do we need to see? Repeat or not, enough is enough!!

Reactions: 5
Sorry you’re going through this too. It’s so rubbish. I honestly don’t know how much more effort I can make, I feel like giving up on everyone!
I am feeling the same. 😭 How have you been coping with this struggle? ❤

I just wish I had a "best friend" or a partner or a solid family unit and I wouldn't care about having a whole bunch people I don't care to deal with around me.
This is exactly how I feel. I don’t even need a lot of people. I just want one or two people who will put in as much effort as I do and be my solid friend/partner. I don’t know why it seems like too much to ask for. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is exactly how I feel. I don’t even need a lot of people. I just want one or two people who will put in as much effort as I do and be my solid friend/partner. I don’t know why it seems like too much to ask for. 😭
I've managed for over 25 years without friends, second nature now, could do with some female companionship, a hug now and then would be nice.

• Sad
I am feeling the same. 😭 How have you been coping with this struggle? ❤
I have a cycle of get annoyed, not contact anyone, feel bad that I’m being a terrible friend, feel bad that other people may be struggling too, make an effort, get some replies or see friends in real life and feel better, time passes with no contact and it repeats.
I have a lovely husband who is my favourite person in the world but he’s still annoying, and I still need female company. I don’t want to cut everyone off, but I also don’t want to feel like it’s only me that cares. I’m not sure how to get through it! And at 39, I think these playground feelings should be done with and solid friendships should exist!

• Sad
How many f*cking Shannon Matthews documentaries do we need to see? Repeat or not, enough is enough!!
Ditto the Wests … the TV companies certainly squeeze every last inch out of the true crime documentaries. Must be an audience, though.

I have a cycle of get annoyed, not contact anyone, feel bad that I’m being a terrible friend, feel bad that other people may be struggling too, make an effort, get some replies or see friends in real life and feel better, time passes with no contact and it repeats.
I have a lovely husband who is my favourite person in the world but he’s still annoying, and I still need female company. I don’t want to cut everyone off, but I also don’t want to feel like it’s only me that cares. I’m not sure how to get through it! And at 39, I think these playground feelings should be done with and solid friendships should exist!
Sending you so much love. I am 25 (26 very soon) and feel, I reiterate, exactly the same about not wanting to cut people off but also am done with me being the only one keeping these friendships/relationships going. I cried to my mom a few times about it and she (56) said that it’s always that way with female friends and I don’t want to believe in that!

Feeling unwell and tired so I'm dreading work at 7am in the morning. 😭

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.