What’s annoying you right now #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A rat got into our bin today, left the back doors in the kitchen open to let a breeze in and it snuck into the bin. Went to close the door and saw the little fucker staring back at me so bolted upstairs to grab my phone.
In the process of running quicker than Mo Farah up my stairs, I stubbed my toe but didn’t feel any pain because of the adrenaline. Well I’m sat here now unable to sleep because it’s absolutely throbbing and bruised. Think I’ve broken it 😭 my first ever bone break and it has to be something so pathetic
---
Went to grab my phone to ring my other half who was out. Nothing he could do physically but he really helped through my anxiety attack bless his heart.

No more leaving back doors open 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I took my 3 year old to the park and someone had their dog in . So that was something else to be vigilant about.

I finish work at 5.30pm and contractors think it's acceptable to call you at 7.30pm. I can't do anything about it now so you should have called me earlier when I was chasing you during work hours.

Also my neighbour who has just returned from holiday. They've been in about an hour and already slammed their door about 500 times 😡.

Reactions: 1
A girl in work was talking about how she wants to lose a bit of weight and she’s been ‘fasting’ and just eating salads bla bla bla, reckons that if she starves herself the day before weight day that’s how you lose weight (lol) and she thinks she’s some sort of fitness advisor, turned round to me whilst she was talking about it and said ‘you know if you lost a stone, and went the gym and toned up a bit more you’d have a body to die for and be perfect’ then told me to stand side on and said ‘yeah you can definitely tell you’ve had a baby’ cheeky witch! I didn’t even ask her opinion. I’ve come a long way in my weight loss journey since having a child and I’ve felt really confident lately but this has knocked me sideways and has annoyed me all day. Feel like she just said it was cos she was preaching about her wanting to lose weight and thought i’d appreciate the constructive criticism 🙃

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
A girl in work was talking about how she wants to lose a bit of weight and she’s been ‘fasting’ and just eating salads bla bla bla, reckons that if she starves herself the day before weight day that’s how you lose weight (lol) and she thinks she’s some sort of fitness advisor, turned round to me whilst she was talking about it and said ‘you know if you lost a stone, and went the gym and toned up a bit more you’d have a body to die for and be perfect’ then told me to stand side on and said ‘yeah you can definitely tell you’ve had a baby’ cheeky witch! I didn’t even ask her opinion. I’ve come a long way in my weight loss journey since having a child and I’ve felt really confident lately but this has knocked me sideways and has annoyed me all day. Feel like she just said it was cos she was preaching about her wanting to lose weight and thought i’d appreciate the constructive criticism 🙃
Wow. At my workplace you would actually be able to report her to HR and she'd be pretty fucked.

I hate when people mention weight, diets at the workplace. You never know who's going through what. Someone might have an ED, someone could be on life saving medication that makes them gain weight. Ultimately nobody gives a duck what you're eating or not eating, whether you're working out or not. Attention seekers like that deserve to be told off.

I'm sure you're lovely @watermelon sugar , at any and every weight point. And you've literally grown a human. So you already have a perfect body that did all that (perfect in the health sense which is the only sense that matters).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Wow. At my workplace you would actually be able to report her to HR and she'd be pretty fucked.

I hate when people mention weight, diets at the workplace. You never know who's going through what. Someone might have an ED, someone could be on life saving medication that makes them gain weight. Ultimately nobody gives a duck what you're eating or not eating, whether you're working out or not. Attention seekers like that deserve to be told off.

I'm sure you're lovely @watermelon sugar , at any and every weight point. And you've literally grown a human. So you already have a perfect body that did all that (perfect in the health sense which is the only sense that matters).
Thank you so much! I just feel like it was really unwarranted advice and just no need. I also hate discussion of weight/diet/gym should have no place in the workplace cos like you said you don’t know what people are going through but I feel like it’s one of those topics that people just use cos it’s something to talk about but still no need! Talk about your journey and your diet don’t criticise others whilst you’re doing it 😤

Reactions: 6
bloody cheeky witch! Should have told her the fasting obv aint working and she should try something else
---

I agree,I hate discussion of weight in the work place.People dont think and some are just outright nasty! about 4 years ago i lost over 4 stone,I was tiny .Anyway I fell pregnant and put on some weight as most women will ,hardly anything ,not that it matters.My boss was a total cow so I didnt tell her until the cut off point where you have to inform your employer ,cant remember when it is ,it was about 23 weeks ish I think .Her reaction to the news was' oh I knew you had obviously put on weight put I had no idea you were pregnant'
Ive never forgot it and shes said so many mean things it was really water off a ducks back by that point but It even shocked me how someone could be so nasty when being told someone is expecting ,not to mention your member of staff!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

I'd have said 'I can lose weight but you'll always be a rude, insensitive vile twit'.

Worked late, gruelling day, so treated myself to some coop finest salt and vinegar crisps (most caustic crisps known to man) on the way home.

The puppy was so pleased to see me he headbutted me so now I have a cut lip and cannot enjoy my tangy crisps. Cess pool of a day all round really.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
I've had a pretty tit week and I couldn't relax today because I had scheduled some repairmen to come in and do some work at my place. Can't really do it any other day since my work hours tend to be long. It's 4 pm, it's a Saturday. They haven't shown up. I'm pretty sure they won't anymore. I'd just like one thing to go my way.

• Heart
Purchased some books off marketplace. Was showing other half when I got back in car as he’d asked what I’d got, only to find the main three books I wanted weren’t in the box.

This was the sellers reply. Really not impressed tbh.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Watermelon you should tell her she could lose all the weight she wanted to, but she would still be a b***ch.

It wasn't about constructive criticism, she only did it to make herself feel better.

Hope you don't take the comments to heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 2