What’s annoying you right now #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to the GP who prescribed blood tests. They advised the blood tests will be done at their practice for a price of €40.

It appears the GP blood tests are not covered by my healthcare insurer because they’re not part of ‘everyday medical expenses’. I was told only blood tests done at a hospital are covered except blood tests done at a hospital are free of charge.

This is ridiculous that blood tests which are required by my GP are not covered by insurance. To think the GP appointment itself is €60 at a minimum. Nonsense.

Not to mention, I normally get my bloods done at a hospital but since the GP said it was to be done at their practice, I didn’t think much of it and went with it. The phlebotomist who performed the tests must have done something wrong because blood tests normally don’t hurt yet this one inserted the needle and I think tried to force it into the vein or moved it because it hurt. It’s been more than 24h since the test was done and my arm is still in pain with a red mark that just appeared a few hours ago. The procedure was done incorrectly I think. I called a nurse and was told to wait and if it doesn’t get better to see a GP to get antibiotics. This means I’ll have to spend another €100 on something I could have done without had the venipuncture been done correctly!

My partner. I told him dinner was ready 45 minutes ago and then he decided to answer his phone from a work colleague. They were both off last week and are now talking about work on a Sunday.

Hope he enjoys his cold dinner 😡

Reactions: 3
Look I adore rainy weather 90% of the time, but this is the 10%. I'm miffed that in a time when I'm meant to be enjoying the sun, reading my book sitting in the grass, that it's filthy humid with a ferocious thunder storm going on!

Reactions: 1
Child in my street has been hysterically screaming all day today, and is still screaming now at 1am.

I understand that children cry and can get inconsolable, but I know full well his parents aren’t exactly hands on. They’re the type who give the kids sweets and an iPad and leave them to it.

Reactions: 2
My FiL whinging that he didn't receive a fathers day card from my 4yo son. That's because you're his grandfather not his father.
Consumerism is trying to move the goal posts to get more money out of us - I did actually see a card with 'happy fathers day grandad' - but I'm sticking to my traditional guns.
I don't care if the cards are only 29p in card factory. You got one off your son now piss off back to watching the F1.

Snorers. I’m on holiday and in one king bed in this room and they’re in the other. I cannot bleeping sleep cause of their racket and I’ve been up since four. It’s really pissing me off, that absolute selfishness. I could cry.

To top it off I’m on my period 🙄🙄🙄

• Sad
Child in my street has been hysterically screaming all day today, and is still screaming now at 1am.

I understand that children cry and can get inconsolable, but I know full well his parents aren’t exactly hands on. They’re the type who give the kids sweets and an iPad and leave them to it.
Every day and night since posting this, this child has done the exact same. Gets louder every single night.

• Sad
Something definitely isn’t right there!
He was screaming at around 8pm last night, which I assume to be his bedtime. It went on for half an hour and then quietened down. Then he started again at 2am and was so loud it woke me up.

I don’t know how to approach the neighbours though. The dad’s a bit aggressive, I’ve heard him argue with people in the street before.

My friend thinks it’s worth a call to the police when it’s happening, but I’m unsure.
Any advice?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
He was screaming at around 8pm last night, which I assume to be his bedtime. It went on for half an hour and then quietened down. Then he started again at 2am and was so loud it woke me up.

I don’t know how to approach the neighbours though. The dad’s a bit aggressive, I’ve heard him argue with people in the street before.

My friend thinks it’s worth a call to the police when it’s happening, but I’m unsure.
Any advice?
I would honestly call the police. Or at least log it with them? Call 101 and ask their advice? I heard someone near me having a huge argument once over being new parents and their baby was screaming, the mum was sobbing. It was horrible to hear and had I known which house it was I’d have called the police. My teens found it really upsetting to hear. It never happened again otherwise I would definitely have called the police. Do you think his crying is a bit more than a child just not wanting to go to bed?

Petty compared to the last issue. But virtue signalling people. like we get it mate, you get off on feeling morally superior but by outing yourself as such a self righteous jerk, you've shown yourself to be worse than us heathens.

My neighbour has started to use her front garden like her back garden.
Sunbathing, barbeques, smoking hash, boom box out until all hours and drinking and talking really loadly
She is like shameless

Dog barking non-stop in the neighbourhood. Why do people bothering getting pets just to leave it out to keep everyone up all night?... at that point, just admit to yourself that you don't like animals enough to put the work in, and don't adopt (or more likely, buy) the thing in the first place, ffs.

What is the point of that, seriously? Why do people get dogs, just to let it be a nuisance to everyone, including themselves? You just wonder. At least with kids, I know that the kid was most likely a mistake (not even being snarky, most humans are). With a pet, you really went out of your way to take in a being just to treat it like tit?... Genuinely boggles me.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I delivered a big project on Friday, crickets from the big boss until he sent an email yesterday (aka Sunday, which he's not supposed to do, per HR policy emails should not be sent on weekends.) And it was clear he had not read it, even though he claimed to have done so and gave me kudos, because then he said I should just add a few things, all of which were already included in the document.

My organization is super hierarchical and he's basically third in command for the whole thing. There's really no one to go to that can talk sense into him. I then spent ages crafting an email, trying not to piss him off (he also has a tit temper), but still get across that the things he wanted are already there.

Sigh.

I put my headphones in my bag this morning and somehow during my short 8 minutes commute to the office, I lost them.

I walked all the way back to my apartment within 5 minutes of me getting into the office and they were gone!

Who takes old Apple headphones?

I had my car in for works and they quoted me two days, fine I make plans.
Nope, they say it’ll be ready by 4pm- 4pm comes and goes and I have to call THEM to be told it’s ready. Now I’m really late and still not been seen to.