Whatmummymakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to costa today as I was driving past after work and thought ooh a coffee and a muffin would be nice. I blame her.

Reactions: 3
Why on earth has she been gifted water wipes when her child is three and potty trained
This was my exact thought too!!

I went to costa today as I was driving past after work and thought ooh a coffee and a muffin would be nice. I blame her.
This is a normal persons Costa choice - not planning a drive thru in a week ahead 😂

Reactions: 2
Poor kid being forced to eat a massive adult sized plate of mussels for the camera 🤢 why???

Reactions: 1
As soon as the food touches Nina's lips Rebecca's there shouting NICE? NICE? NINA IS IT NICE?! Give her a chance to taste if first ffs! And did anyone notice Nina got the hump and shouted YES!! Leave the poor girl to enjoy her dinner!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Who on earth would cook their 3 year old mussels! I definitely wouldn't.
I'd let her try one if i was ever to cook them or order in a restaurant...🤢🤢 that poor kid can't even try the food without being bombarded with questions

Reactions: 6
Who on earth would cook their 3 year old mussels! I definitely wouldn't.
I'd let her try one if i was ever to cook them or order in a restaurant...🤢🤢 that poor kid can't even try the food without being bombarded with questions
She shouldn't have only given her that for her dinner when she literally said that she doesn't expect Nina to like them. I'm all for not creating bad habits and I wont cook multiple meals every night BUT there is exceptions when it's something I know they don't like or something like muscles I'd 100% have amother meal ready that I know they do like.

Second time this week she’s changed the meal plan. I’m not criticising her for that because we all do it and it’s dead common to just decide on the day what you’re cooking. But it’s not a very good advert for her meal planner is it?!

I don’t get why you’d have mussels on a random Wednesday and give them to your three year old who has never had them before!

Reactions: 1
Give her fish fingers and chips with a couple of mussels on the side to try still 🙃 I would give my 2 year old mussels if I didn’t have to buy so many, I don’t want him to be fussy like me with food.

Reactions: 4
The way she pesters Nina and keeps asking ‘nice?!’ gave me the rage. Leave your kid alone & let her eat! I bet Rebecca wouldn’t like a camera shoved in her face every time she tried to eat something. And her voice Is so annoying!

Genuine question- do people still talk to their kids like babies at age 3? Just struck me on that mussels story it was very baby like language and tone of voice. I just speak to my two year old like a normal person but maybe I am a cold robot 😂

Reactions: 4
Genuine question- do people still talk to their kids like babies at age 3? Just struck me on that mussels story it was very baby like language and tone of voice. I just speak to my two year old like a normal person but maybe I am a cold robot 😂
Nope, I talk to my 2 year old like a normal person aswel 😂

I’ve just watched the videos of them having mussels with sound and I actually feel really sorry for Nina. She’s barely touched the thing and Rebecca is getting really excitable, asking if it’s going, explaining how to do it. The little one is clearly a bit confused and cautious, and I can literally feel the tension from Rebecca. When Nina starts to show hesitancy, Rebecca sounds really worked up.

I’m absolutely no expert but she definitely should have let Nina try a few without the shell and if she liked them, Rebecca could have pointed to her plate and said do you want to try opening the shell like mummy? Or something like that you know? Kept it really casual without jumping all over Nina with a camera in her face when she’s trying a new food

I also don’t think it’s fair that Rebecca constantly says “I’m so pleased you like it” - I’ve heard this from her loads. So the impression is that if Nina doesn’t like something her mum won’t be pleased. Food shouldn’t work like that. It pisses me off she’s becoming more successful when this is what the reality of mealtimes are like, and I wish she’d be called out on it more.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I totally agree with all the comments on the mussels stories. They made me feel so sad for Nina. Rebecca is supposed to be a weaning/child nutrition “expert” but she doesn’t have a clue. The latest advice, based on research, is to give children their food and not comment at all. No encouraging, no asking them to try it, and absolutely no praising. This is information that is easy to find, so Rebecca must have seen it and has chosen to ignore it.
She even called Nina ‘sassy’ when Nina got annoyed because Rebecca repeated her question. I thought Nina displayed a great deal of patience with her impatient mother, and I would have got annoyed with the incessant questioning way before Nina did. Just leave her alone to eat her food.

Reactions: 9
I’ve just watched the videos of them having mussels with sound and I actually feel really sorry for Nina. She’s barely touched the thing and Rebecca is getting really excitable, asking if it’s going, explaining how to do it. The little one is clearly a bit confused and cautious, and I can literally feel the tension from Rebecca. When Nina starts to show hesitancy, Rebecca sounds really worked up.

I’m absolutely no expert but she definitely should have let Nina try a few without the shell and if she liked them, Rebecca could have pointed to her plate and said do you want to try opening the shell like mummy? Or something like that you know? Kept it really casual without jumping all over Nina with a camera in her face when she’s trying a new food

I also don’t think it’s fair that Rebecca constantly says “I’m so pleased you like it” - I’ve heard this from her loads. So the impression is that if Nina doesn’t like something her mum won’t be pleased. Food shouldn’t work like that. It pisses me off she’s becoming more successful when this is what the reality of mealtimes are like, and I wish she’d be called out on it more.
After reading all your comments I had to watch with sound on. Seriously how can she be so oblivious.

Shells make me think a bit of a snail so to give a 3 year old a full plate with no real 'safe' familiar food and letting them unshell isn't just exposure its almost asking for refusal.

Nina is clearly so annoyed at her mum just saying nice, nice, nice!?

The mummy is so pleased comment really pissed me off too, felt sorry for little Nina, clearly not enjoying something but probably persisting to please her mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.