Whatmummymakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been in tears at the blw accounts. My baby is 8 months old, not one bit of interest in feeding herself, so I went back to purees. I think it makes you think all babies clear the plate by themselves, its alot of pressure.
Try not to worry, one day she'll decided she's only doing it herself and won't let you anymore! That's what happened with us anyway and he was older than 8 months 😃 even when they are doing it themselves, their appetites vary, some days they will eat everything in sight and others hardly anything. I can guarantee with babies half those meals end up on the floor or up the walls, or in the dog 😀 also textures are hard to get used to, mine liked everything mushed until he was nearly a year

Reactions: 1
I've been in tears at the blw accounts. My baby is 8 months old, not one bit of interest in feeding herself, so I went back to purees. I think it makes you think all babies clear the plate by themselves, its alot of pressure.
Purées are great! Please don’t beat yourself up about it. I bet in five years time, BLW will be an old phase and purées will be the “in thing” again anyway. These people never take in to account every baby is different, likes different tastes, different textures, different ways of feeding. They just patronisingly shove different phrases at us and think they are experts. My advice would be unfollow all those type SM accounts and do what you think is right.
Sorry, getting on my high horse! Just know the level of anxiety stuff like this brings and it makes me so cross.

Reactions: 4
Purées are great! Please don’t beat yourself up about it. I bet in five years time, BLW will be an old phase and purées will be the “in thing” again anyway. These people never take in to account every baby is different, likes different tastes, different textures, different ways of feeding. They just patronisingly shove different phrases at us and think they are experts. My advice would be unfollow all those type SM accounts and do what you think is right.
Sorry, getting on my high horse! Just know the level of anxiety stuff like this brings and it makes me so cross.
It annoys me so much! I did a mixture of purée and finger food till7 months then did blw, but there’s no benefits to either, it’s just different types of feeding

Reactions: 1
I done the exact same! Seemed like everyone else's babies demolish all this food yet mine will put absolutely everything in her mouth except food so we're back to puree which she's loving. I feel like these accounts makes us feel like puree is wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
It annoys me so much! I did a mixture of purée and finger food till7 months then did blw, but there’s no benefits to either, it’s just different types of feeding
I have to disagree about the benefits because personally I’ve seen a lot more benefits to baby led weaning & also you can’t do both, baby led weaning is baby feeds them self from the get go. If you’re feeding purees first you’re just traditionally weaning 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I have to disagree about the benefits because personally I’ve seen a lot more benefits to baby led weaning & also you can’t do both, baby led weaning is baby feeds them self from the get go. If you’re feeding purees first you’re just traditionally weaning 🤷🏻‍♀️
Paediatric advice says different about the benefits. I used purées for a couple weeks then did baby led weaning, it’s not a competition who’s done what.

I think I commented this before, but the BLW community is so harsh, if you used a spoon at all it's not baby led and you cant use the term and be part of their club. Just my own opinion.

Reactions: 11
I think I commented this before, but the BLW community is so harsh, if you used a spoon at all it's not baby led and you cant use the term and be part of their club. Just my own opinion.
Yeah it is all a bit weird. I'd say I've done blw, but I spoon feed when I have to. If I let my baby feed himself porridge we'd be there all day (and I'd need to redecorate daily).

Reactions: 8
I’ve not seen this attitude, so I Actually have a weaning page 12k followers, I did both to begin with and even now He’s almost 2 I help him finish his porridge there’s no shame Or judgment in helping them. Atleast I don’t think there is 🤷🏽‍♀️ I also show my before and after Pics even if he doesn’t touch the food, i don’t pretend he eats plates of food every day he certainly doesn’t

I don’t think it’s harsh, if you say you’re doing baby led weaning then spoon feeding you aren’t doing BLW simple as. It’s like saying your kid is vegetarian then feeding them meat 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t think it’s harsh, if you say you’re doing baby led weaning then spoon feeding you aren’t doing BLW simple as. It’s like saying your kid is vegetarian then feeding them meat 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think you've proved my point there 🙄 I pretty sure its called combination weaning

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I always assumed blw weaning was 'adult' food, and traditional weaning was purees. I feed my baby regular porridge, with a spoon, then he has a go himself with pre loaded spoons.

I don't think it matters.

I also don't think it's akin to feeding a vegetarian baby meat.

Reactions: 7
I always assumed blw weaning was 'adult' food, and traditional weaning was purees. I feed my baby regular porridge, with a spoon, then he has a go himself with pre loaded spoons.

I don’t think it matters either, if they eat finger food but also want to be spoon fed it’s technically the baby leading the way with what it wants ie baby led weaning, baby chooses 🤷🏽‍♀️ Does it matter how you feed them and what route? As long as they are fed and happy that’s all that matters surely.

I agree about the meat comment. Ridiculous really.

Reactions: 5
As long as your baby is being fed it doesn’t matter how you do it. Yes there might be research into one works better than the other for a short while but in the end when they are 5/6 it won’t matter.

me and my sister were weaned differently and neither one of has issues, same as everyone else I met.

the weaning debate is almost as bad as breast vs bottle. just do what you feel your baby needs.

these instagram weaning pages are good but they shouldn’t be made for mums to feel bad about their babies. When I was weaning my little girl I followed joe wicks and his girl would eat everything and mine wouldn’t touch anything like that.

anyways on topic of whatmummymakes, her food is good for the occasional stuff but I don’t feel comfortable giving my daughter all that fried stuff everyday. Her daughter eats well but I feel she needs to stop filming her so much. The girl has a camera in her face at every meal.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone see her story this morning showing the pic of her in the newspaper? I honestly think it’s been photoshopped so that her waist looks a bit slimmer! Especially if you looks down her feed and see the pictures she posted from that day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.