Whatmummymakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes me laugh when she bangs on about how "exposure is key" to why Nina eats everything. Erm you clearly haven't had the regression we have had. Exposure is key my arse. I've been "exposing" my little one to all sorts for months and she just won't eat them 🙄
Yes I’m not sure that weaning one child makes her the pro on all things child weaning. Some kids eat absolutely everything whereas some kids survive for 3 months straight on nothing but porridge. She doesn’t seem to acknowledge that there is no “normal” when it comes to getting children to eat and you have to do whatever is right for you

Reactions: 7
She says it’s better to be safe than sorry with wearing a mask. Not when your child can’t breathe with one on

Reactions: 1
I’ve just been reading her highlights. The way she says “My Nina would never” annoys me for some reason

people really be buying one bamboo plate and thinking they’re a qualified nutritionist
OMG I’m creased at the bamboo plate comment. So true. It’s really getting to me that she is giving advice as if she’s a fully qualified professional. She is literally an average mother with a two year old, over feeding her cheese. Most of the recipes are also repeats of other Instagramers as well.
Has anyone else noticed that a lot of them say “ohhh he/she is happy with that lot!” They all must be stalking each other’s pages and trying to one up each other.

Reactions: 5
I just feel sorry for Nina because she’s bound to end up with the same weight issues as her mum. If she did any research into child nutrition she’d see that the portion size that a toddler actually needs is absolutely tiny! The portions she feeds Nina are pretty much identical to the size id eat myself. She’d really benefit from watching that 100kilo kids obesity SOS tv programme!
Second this about portion sizes! I was researching portion sizes as my eldest who's 9 isn't a big eater so I was concerned. It was alot smaller than I realised so I can only imagine how small it would be for a toddler!

Reactions: 2
I went to a talk run by health visitors and they said that a rough portion guide is the size of your palm. So if an adult was having a roast dinner, each element would be the size of your palm - chicken, peas, potatoes etc, each the size of your palm. The same goes for children.

Not sure how that works for pasta etc to be honest, but either way, a plateful is far too much.

The cheese and chia crackers she repeats a lot are disgusting 🤢 The recipe makes hundreds of them as well which was bloody great after no one in my house liked them (quite relieved actually as it was like eating a square of salt)🤣 I used to follow her but unfollowed as stuff was just literally too cheesy! Then saw her thread pop up here and agree with it all. She has one child who is 2! How does this give her any sort of experience or qualifications to be guiding people and even writing a book? The “exposure is key” is the new buzz word for kids nutrition at the moment from these so called experts 😴 I don’t like seeing any children on these brands/influencers etc social media, but there is no denying her little girl seems very sweet.

Reactions: 4
The cheese and chia crackers she repeats a lot are disgusting 🤢 The recipe makes hundreds of them as well which was bloody great after no one in my house liked them (quite relieved actually as it was like eating a square of salt)🤣 I used to follow her but unfollowed as stuff was just literally too cheesy! Then saw her thread pop up here and agree with it all. She has one child who is 2! How does this give her any sort of experience or qualifications to be guiding people and even writing a book? The “exposure is key” is the new buzz word for kids nutrition at the moment from these so called experts 😴 I don’t like seeing any children on these brands/influencers etc social media, but there is no denying her little girl seems very sweet.
I love those crackers 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Whenever I see her cornflake chicken I cringe, probably tastes nice but literally looks like the least healthy thing you could feed your child. So greasy!

Whenever I see her cornflake chicken I cringe, probably tastes nice but literally looks like the least healthy thing you could feed your child. So greasy!
Omg I made this for my little one and it is lovely but so so so greasy!!! Ridiculously unhealthy

I can confirm it does not taste nice - it literally tastes like cornflakes on chicken and my family hated it. I bet her rice crispie version is even worse!

Is the kid actually eating these meals and portion sizes though? I find it hard to believe a lot of these weaning/ kids cooking accounts. A lot of her food looks so unappetizing, those fruit bread roll things look revolting! Everything looks like it's been fried. Also couldn't understand why she did an ad for a ready meal when her whole account is about cooking.

I've been in tears at the blw accounts. My baby is 8 months old, not one bit of interest in feeding herself, so I went back to purees. I think it makes you think all babies clear the plate by themselves, its alot of pressure.

Reactions: 5
I don't believe any of them eat the whole plate. Most food in our house gets thrown on the floor/eaten by the dog. The plate might end up empty but it's not because my baby has eaten it all.

Except for cheese. Give my boy a plate of grated cheese and he'd eat the lot (which I why I only give him a sprinkle).

I've been in tears at the blw accounts. My baby is 8 months old, not one bit of interest in feeding herself, so I went back to purees. I think it makes you think all babies clear the plate by themselves, its alot of pressure.
I'm sorry you've felt like this. There's absolutely no shame in purees, you do what works best for you. Food is for fun before 1, so as long as your baby is still drinking enough milk, the food is just an added extra. 8 months is still young, they'll get there!

I promise you, all babies do not clear their plates. Mine threw all his toast on the floor yesterday and then cried about it. Not very insta of him.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.