WhatMummyMakes #8 Raisins and mayo are foods of the devil, but pastry and cheese are simply next level!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do people actually like crispy bacon? Surely it’s just her? She likes it so crispy it basically is pork crackling 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I use Ms because feel now I'm 30 miss is a bit juvenile and also it's no ones business if I am married or not. But for a married woman to use Ms does seem a bit off.

Also its chilly in London. Dressed nina in a summer dress again. They must have some weird issues where they are always hot as it really wasnt sandal weather her yesterday. Warm, yes to go out in Jean's and a tshirt not warm enough to be in summer dresses and sandals.
Exactly what I came here to write!!! That child is going to hAve such issue with good growing up :(
Irony of her mums proffession

Reactions: 2
I actually bloody love crispy bacon. But we never stay in hotels because I can’t eat there. She’s honestly missed a trick for her Instagram not doing some sort of self catering series!

Reactions: 3
Screengrabbed this from yesterday’s post because I was 🤯 a wash down?! Sounds like she’s from the Victorian era or something, so bizarre 😂

Thread closed before I could reply! That was a sweet message thank you! I’m on the wirral, you?
Ah I’m in the South East, where were you originally? Keep at it with your toddler, I’m sure you’ll get there with making local friends 😘

Attachments

My grandma called it “kizened” 😂 but I would never ask for it that way in a restaurant 🙈
I always ask for really well done bacon if I'm ordering it, but if it's a buffet I tend not to have it or cut the fat off. The texture of the fat turns my stomach 🤢

Reactions: 2
It’s so sad to see them stuffing their faces followed by Becky desperately asking ‘are you happy’ to Nina…. Its setting up that little girl for problems down the line, but also shows how sad Becky’s life is. Are you happy bex?! Must be exhausting pretending you don’t have a husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Personally I don’t have an issue with the amount that a child eats, although I firmly believe it should be a better balance of possible (especially for perfect eater Nina.)
my 4 year old is a skinny little thing but some days eats like an absolute horse. Other days, not to much. But we have always taught him to ‘listen to his body’ and that his body will tell him when he needs more food. As a result, he will sometimes eat a massive meal, sometimes barely anything, depending on his energy levels and how active he’s been. Whilst he enjoys a pudding, he’s not fixated on them and will pass if he’s full.
If Nina was my child, I wouldn’t be worried about her portion sizes necessarily AS LONG AS she was asking for more food because she was active and growing. Not because I’d taught her to equate food with happiness and parental love.
🙌🏻 This is spot on for me too. Restriction of food comes with a high chance of disordered eating in later life. I have two kids being raised to trust their bodies as you've written, one is of similar build and size to Nina (top centiles for both height and weight) and I'm sure people on this thread would have a lot of judgment to deliver about her (and myself, because I am probably bigger than Becky). The other is quite literally a string bean. I can see every rib and every notch on his spine and he's eating me out of house and home. There is so much more to the bodies we have than just food and calories in and out.

I find Becky grating because she's smug AF, pretending she's single and using her 4yo as her BFF. Not because of her weight or the size of her child's portions.

Reactions: 12
🙌🏻 This is spot on for me too. Restriction of food comes with a high chance of disordered eating in later life. I have two kids being raised to trust their bodies as you've written, one is of similar build and size to Nina (top centiles for both height and weight) and I'm sure people on this thread would have a lot of judgment to deliver about her (and myself, because I am probably bigger than Becky). The other is quite literally a string bean. I can see every rib and every notch on his spine and he's eating me out of house and home. There is so much more to the bodies we have than just food and calories in and out.

I find Becky grating because she's smug AF, pretending she's single and using her 4yo as her BFF. Not because of her weight or the size of her child's portions.
Agree with all of this!!

I always ask for really well done bacon if I'm ordering it, but if it's a buffet I tend not to have it or cut the fat off. The texture of the fat turns my stomach 🤢
Medallions are the only way

I don't restrict but I would say you don't need a full English and pancakes, if they ate a full English and are still hungry then they could go and get pancakes but I don't think they could eat all that anyway. I don't overload them at meal times, surely if you give kids huge portions they will eat more than they would with a normal portion, they can always have more if they still are hungry but I think it's unlikely they'd want anything else after a full English but put pancakes in front of them they'd probably force them down because they love them. I do think shes always given Nina huge portions and praise and encouragement to eat which means Nina probably over eats. She's proud when Nina has eaten it all, If my kids eat all their tea I just ask if they've had enough and that's it, I don't praise them or make a big deal. I honestly don't care what size Bex is but I don't think it's right she is "influencing" people when she knows nothing about nutrition and shows such unhealthy habits.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't restrict but I would say you don't need a full English and pancakes, if they ate a full English and are still hungry then they could go and get pancakes but I don't think they could eat all that anyway. I don't overload them at meal times, surely if you give kids huge portions they will eat more than they would with a normal portion, they can always have more if they still are hungry but I think it's unlikely they'd want anything else after a full English but put pancakes in front of them they'd probably force them down because they love them. I do think shes always given Nina huge portions and praise and encouragement to eat which means Nina probably over eats. She's proud when Nina has eaten it all, If my kids eat all their tea I just ask if they've had enough and that's it, I don't praise them or make a big deal. I honestly don't care what size Bex is but I don't think it's right she is "influencing" people when she knows nothing about nutrition and shows such unhealthy habits.
Absolutely. It comes down to the dangerously strong link between emotion and food that Bex clearly has and is now teaching Nina. That poor child is learning that she is responsible for her mothers happiness and the quickest way to please her is through food.
There will be so many mothers out there as a result who now see a child not eating the food they have prepared as rejection and a reflection of their own parenting ability. For that, Bex should be ashamed.

• Heart
It sounds awful and if I wasn’t so obvious then I would feel bad saying it but she’s clearly overweight I don’t know about the daughter because kids are so different at similar ages in size and grow at different speeds and also don’t know if a lot of her Instagram is for show I.’e is she really eating all that cake?! Anyway why any would take nutritional advice from someone that looks so unhealthy I will never know! And to me it looks like the kid is going the same way as the mother and if she doesn’t like people committing on her kids weight she should have a bit of respect for her child and not show her shoveling mounds of pasta and cake!

Reactions: 16
Honestly these people messaging her like she’s the role Model for all mothers when actually her actions are damaging to Nina. I’m gonna go with her being seperated from the husband, it’s just weird you would book to go away with your child so much by yourself, for absolutely no occasion, if you had a partner.

I think she makes these questions up it was like all the slow cooker questions people supposedly kept asking when she released her book. I always think they can't be together but then people on here have confirmed they are and seen them out when she's made out it was just her and Nina, she says on one of the questions she goes to places she wants to go and Nina has to go with her so basically she's bored, she needs content for Instagram so books herself and Nina a night away, it's not exactly relatable when most people are struggling.

Reactions: 9
Honestly these people messaging her like she’s the role Model for all mothers when actually her actions are damaging to Nina. I’m gonna go with her being seperated from the husband, it’s just weird you would book to go away with your child so much by yourself, for absolutely no occasion, if you had a partner.
It’s ridiculous. Spouting pretty questionable advice like she’s a parenting guru. Don’t follow her advice unless you’d like to have your child up with you until 9pm (no thanks). And a packed lunchbox of healthy greens -LOL yeah right you do, or gets chucked in the bin at the first sausage roll stop.
Also miss holier-than-thou about screen time in the car. Just very lucky Nina sits there for hours without complaining - my active two will not.

Reactions: 13
‘I go where I wanna visit and Nina comes too….’

‘It makes these days much more enjoyable for me….’

Finally, a bit of honesty! Now about that invisible husband….

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
She literally thinks she is miss perfect parenting and so smug with it. I literally have no idea what makes her think she is qualified to dispense parenting advice. ‘Nina is such a good traveller’ - because she has spent more time in that car than anywhere else in 4 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.