Whatmummymakes #4 Always on a Costa break, what is it Mummy actually makes?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can see why lot's of people would think that, she makes out she's some great mum and has this amazing bond with Nina. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their house when she's not recording her for Instagram.
It’s probably not as healthy as she makes out, they don’t seem to do groups or meet up with others, even post COVID

Reactions: 6
The thing is I totally bought into the “her child goes anywhere and mine doesn’t so I’m a bad mum” hype, it’s only when I’ve returned to Tattle I changed my mind
I think parents that are constantly out are trying to overcompensate.

If lockdown taught me anything, it was that we didn’t need to be doing non stop trips out but that we could have just as much fun at home together and on walks to the local park as we could if we went on a day out. Life is what you make it and I love the more one on one time I’ve had with my daughter, getting to know her and making memories. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for days out but my daughter isn’t too keen on the car so we’re just staying closer to home for now until she’s older and happier in the car but even then we won’t be out every day and we certainly wouldn’t be going out if she was poorly!!! How can you teach your child to enjoy down time and take it easy if you’re non stop on the go all the time?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think parents that are constantly out are trying to overcompensate.

If lockdown taught me anything, it was that we didn’t need to be doing non stop trips out but that we could have just as much fun at home together and on walks to the local park as we could if we went on a day out. Life is what you make it and I love the more one on one time I’ve had with my daughter, getting to know her and making memories. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for days out but my daughter isn’t too keen on the car so we’re just staying closer to home for now until she’s older and happier in the car but even then we won’t be out every day and we certainly wouldn’t be going out if she was poorly!!! How can you teach your child to enjoy down time and take it easy if you’re non stop on the go all the time?
I used to be out every weekend with my daughter and son, mainly because I'm a stay at home mum and wanted to escape the house and the village at weekends. I realised in lockdown that it was unfair to drag them out every weekend, especially shopping. I enjoyed the time in the house with them (apart from home schooling) and now we stay in more or visit parents. I'd have thought Rebecca would have realised how valuable it is to have time in the house, playing with their toys, doing crafts, etc. All the money she wastes on Costa, could go to one big Day out a month, something child orientated. It's like when she went to Southampton and didn't book Peppa pig world (I remember her saying she liked Peppa) which Nina would have loved, instead they went to an NT site

• Heart
Okay another thread title suggestion since we’re nearly at the end 😂
Can’t visit a shop without signing her book, a meal without cheese would have her shook

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I used to be out every weekend with my daughter and son, mainly because I'm a stay at home mum and wanted to escape the house and the village at weekends. I realised in lockdown that it was unfair to drag them out every weekend, especially shopping. I enjoyed the time in the house with them (apart from home schooling) and now we stay in more or visit parents. I'd have thought Rebecca would have realised how valuable it is to have time in the house, playing with their toys, doing crafts, etc. All the money she wastes on Costa, could go to one big Day out a month, something child orientated. It's like when she went to Southampton and didn't book Peppa pig world (I remember her saying she liked Peppa) which Nina would have loved, instead they went to an NT site
All of this! 🤍 Rebecca would do well to take on board comments made here because really, it’s all about her and not Nina. Surely she must realise when they do something all the time it isn’t as special or as exciting when you could do one child oriented day out a month and really build up to it. I think not booking peppa pig makes it so obvious how little she thinks of Nina and what Nina would like to do. National trust sites are beautiful but all the time must get so boring?!

Her stories today - is she on some kind of mission to go to every single shop possible to take a photo with her book on the shelf?! It’s so odd! And mentioning stopping at grandmas for food - never seen them do that before, I didn’t think they had any family close by.

Reactions: 5
I saw it.. basically saying after poor Sarah Everard, how can she ever teach Nina to ever trust the Police!!

Reactions: 5
It surprised me when I saw her post! I get it’s being spoken about a lot at the moment, and the conversations around it all are important and valid…. Just seems strange Rebecca wading in. I don’t think she has the depth of expression to do it really, not to her thousands of followers.

Reactions: 9
Rebeccas post was controversial and not worded well- (but what do u expect from her)
It’s a very complex topic with many layers- I just hope that by the time Nina is older the system would have changed for the better so women don’t have to fear the institution again.

Reactions: 11
I didnt see the original post but She was obviously expecting loads of people to share it because she’s put her name in the corner to drive traffic back to her account. The comments have affected her because they didn’t agree with her.

Reactions: 14
I’ve just seen her story saying she removed the Sarah Everard post because the comments were affecting her negatively. I didn’t see her post so assumed she had spoken about what a heartbreaking situation it was Sarah found herself in, how it’s upset her and as I have found, as a mother of a daughter, have held mine closer the last few days in tears hoping I never ever have to go through what Sarah’s family and friends have to live with, that nobody ever hurts my daughter….not that she simply put about doubting whether to tell Nina to trust the police!!! bleeping hell! She totally missed the mark and it’s clear to see why she got negative comments!

Reactions: 13
I’m sorry, but I feel like she wrote that post (with her little ‘logo’ in the corner), in the hope it would go viral, increase engagement etc.
She has missed the mark completely here. Sadly that does not surprise me due to her fact she lives in a complete insolated bubble her own husband included in.
The lack of empathy to Sarah and her family
in her original post is shocking.
Now she’s posting autumn ‘this or that’s’ - disgraceful.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Did anyone manage to catch what the caption on the post was? How can she have missed the mark so much, it’s such an emotive topic at the moment (and rightly so), if she had to say anything why not focus on Sarah’s poor, poor mother and family? Disgraceful Rebecca.

Uggghhhh, look at me in this magazine, look at me in the paper, let's drag Nina around looking at my book in the shops, I'd be mortified to have that photo splashed all over the place. We know you have a book out we couldn't give a tit who's selling it! Doesn't surprise me at all that she got her post so wrong 🙄 she's too busy looking at herself to read about anything else going on in the real world.

Reactions: 13
What a moronic thing to say!!
She’s such an idiot!

She is so quick to remove things when people don’t agree with her, rather than put herthoughts forward and have an adult conversation with people and defend herself, albeit her silly attitude.

But then again she’s too busy trying to find her book in asda and Tesco.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I didnt see the original post but She was obviously expecting loads of people to share it because she’s put her name in the corner to drive traffic back to her account. The comments have affected her because they didn’t agree with her.
EXACTLY. Probably thought today’s Telegraph coverage might drive people to her page and so a great opportunity. Instead it just exposes what a total dimwit she is, unable to express any nuance at all. Then trying to claim she was triggered, as if. Now trying to distract with more of her basic polls!
Also off to get a takeaway - how many meals out is that over the last few days again?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.