Whatmummymakes #3 Crispy hair and close up shots, how many times can you pop to the shops?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It sounds like she's blaming Next's sizes for being wrong and coming up small... As the mother of a 3 year old, I can confirm that age 3-4 in Next fits just fine!

Reactions: 10
All depends on the item of clothing. My child is 18 months and still fit into some of their 12-18 clothes from Next yet some of their 18-24 month stuff from Next is already too small. For me, Next sizing is a bit hit of miss.

Reactions: 3
Next sizing comes up big on my 3 year old usually - but everywhere is different 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edit: I also think my 3 year old is mini compared to others her same age but children grow at different rates 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
My little girl is 14 months old and can still just about fit some next strapy body vests that are 3-6 months 🤣

Reactions: 3
My daughter is nearly 2 and still in 12-18 with next. She has a dress on today that is still below her knees and she’s tall. I’ve found next come up pretty accurate, slightly oversized if anything. I believe a child’s age 16 is a women’s size 8. Is it normal to have to size up by a good few years once children are 3/4?

Reactions: 6
My daughter is nearly 2 and still in 12-18 with next. She has a dress on today that is still below her knees and she’s tall. I’ve found next come up pretty accurate, slightly oversized if anything. I believe a child’s age 16 is a women’s size 8. Is it normal to have to size up by a good few years once children are 3/4?
I think it depends very much on the child, there will always be above average height and weight children than their peers, some will just be bigger and need bigger clothes. Nina and Rebecca seem to live off cheese and pastry though so 🤷‍♀️ . I have always found next to be on the bigger size for adults and most child clothing but like a previous poster has mentioned it can be hit and miss. Not quite as bad as H&M though, that is bloody awful!

She does need to remember how absorbent children can be when talking about her size though. Children, especially younger ones take everything in.

Reactions: 5
It sounds like she's blaming Next's sizes for being wrong and coming up small... As the mother of a 3 year old, I can confirm that age 3-4 in Next fits just fine!
If anything I’ve found Next sizing very generous. My little boy is 2 in October. Very very tall for his age and very slender so the height is always good, and he’s always got more than enough space width wise in the 1.5-2 year size he’s in now.

Reactions: 2
I agree with everyone that depending on where clothes are from you might go one size up or down (and I’d say Next are good fitting to be honest) but she’s saying she’d need at least 3 sizes bigger for Nina 😳

Same as others I find Next children’s sizes to be generous so I was surprised she’d said that. Maybe it was a one off but it’s rare that she ever shows Nina in an outfit that fits well.

Reactions: 4
I agree with everyone that depending on where clothes are from you might go one size up or down (and I’d say Next are good fitting to be honest) but she’s saying she’d need at least 3 sizes bigger for Nina 😳
Yeah one or maybe even 2 sizes up or down I can understand...3 though?

Nina is 3 and a half, her birthday is in October. I know I said previously all children are different ect but that was before I saw the story of her saying age 5-6 is too small. Wow. The next size up is 6-7....on a 3 year old?

Think she might need to get the red book out to check her against the growth charts.

Reactions: 14
Nina is 3 and a half, her birthday is in October. I know I said previously all children are different ect but that was before I saw the story of her saying age 5-6 is too small. Wow. The next size up is 6-7....on a 3 year old?

Think she might need to get the red book out to check her against the growth charts.
This is what I find quite alarming too! Sure, if your child needs a size or two up because they needed a little extra room, extra length or you wanted something a bit baggier but that many sizes IS quite concerning.

I missed the new thread notification but I was also shocked on the award stories when she showed Nina stealing her snacks, why have snacks right before dinner? And it shocked me when Nina was shovelling them in and tipping a dish of crisps into her mouth and Rebecca laughed. It just seemed unnecessarily greedy and bad manners.

My sisters friend’s baby is basically fed mainly on whatmummymakes recipes and she is a massive baby..... could just be coincidence but there’s got to be something in that!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
If rebecca is size 22/24?..and “standard average” for her age group is 12? Then rebecca is 5 sizes up. Nina is now three sizes up and heading fast forward.. they eat the same foods. Rebecca is passing down her eating habits on nina. There is nothing to wonder about. And i can’t even on the way nina devours food..makes me feel unconfortable.

Reactions: 9
I found it really uncomfortable her story about Nina not fitting into age 5-6 dresses (multiple dresses so presumably not a single style). I have a 3.5 year old who is on the 91st weight centile and age 4-5 from next (t-shirts and dresses) are massive on her. Totally agree with previous comments about her needing to be careful with what Nina absorbs re: size, eating, health, her body. It's not fair on the poor little girl for that kind of stuff to be put out to all of her mum's followers.

Reactions: 9
And i can’t even on the way nina devours food..makes me feel unconfortable.
I think it’s because Nina knows that she gets so much praise and attention when it comes to food. The relationship that Rebecca is giving Nina with food is really worrying.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
What a sore loser. She didn’t even tag the winner or other nominees, which people usually do to say “well done”. What a witch.
I’m so glad she didn’t win, as her book is absolutely full of mistakes. I got blocked from her crapbag Facebook group for politely asking if there would be a list of corrections for the book. Shame on her for producing something so awful.
She deletes the comments where people ask about the corrections which annoys me. People are within their rights to comment that a book that they PAID for isn’t fit for purpose

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She deletes the comments where people ask about the corrections which annoys me. People are within their rights to comment that a book that they PAID for isn’t fit for purpose
Really irritates me she does that! Why not apologise and tell them the correction

imagine going into a store with a complaint and them shutting the door in your face, no different in my opinion

It also fucks me off that people defend her on it, you can’t defend that!

I did follow her for a while but soon got very uncomfortable with the over sharing of Nina and her obsession with rather fatty foods. The portion sizes she gives her daughter are massive in my opinion. And I know not every kid fits the correct size in clothes but a 3yr old in 6-7 from Next. Nah that ain’t right. I’m NOT body shaming, I'm an 18 went up to dress sizes after my stroke. But a 3yr old?? Recipe for health issues later 😞

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.