Whatmummymakes #2 do you like it? Do you? Do you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot believe how much food she has and how much Nina eats I saw a thing the other day regarding toddlers portions although no guidance within the UK had half a sausage a spoonful of mash and vegetables people were so shocked. However, my toddler just doesn’t eat so anything shocks me these days 😩 also Nina kept going back for more I wonder if Nina struggles to realise when she is full
She has had 3 years of being encouraged to finish her plate. Rebecca has filmed this on many occasions, so yes I belive she probably struggles to understand the feeling of being full.

3 sausages is ridiculous though. That is my portion size. Unless of course they are cocktail sausages!

Reactions: 9
Can’t believe how much she said nina ate!! Absolutely ridiculous, my daughter managed half a pancake and two strawberry. I don’t buy in to this whole ‘kids will stop eating whenever they’re full’ bollocks. Maybe that is true for kids who have been allowed to do that, but not kids like Nina who are constantly encouraged to keep eating

Reactions: 9
2 rashers of bacon and 3 sausages Christ that’s a lot for an adult never mind 3 year old!

Reactions: 11
I am genuinely so shocked at how much Nina ate! My almost 3 year old has a big appetite but ate most of 1 pancake with some jam and that was enough. That seems a ridiculous amount for a 3 year old.

Reactions: 3
Also is it just me but Ninas clothes always seem a bit on the small side for her. Poor thing.

Reactions: 5
Nina can eat X amount of fatty sausages and bacon but at least she has some cucumber sticks on the table. Tries toooo hard to come across as a perfect parent and fails miserably, poor Nina has no idea what full means.

Reactions: 2
The ‘mum guilt cucumber’ thing she does is so weird. She is once again emphasising to people that there is ‘good’ food and ‘bad’ food which is such a dangerous, negative way of approaching things. Food is food. Like, if she wants Nina to have some veggies just put them out for her without labelling them as mum guilt food.

Her portion sizes are insane. I’m guessing at least ten of those sausages? And it’s not like they were mini ones either. That’s a huge amount for two adults and a child, in addition to a huge plate of pancakes and whatever bacon she had thrown on too. Even her recipes produce tons of food, I’ve always ended up with way too much even after freezing half of it.

Reactions: 13
The ‘mum guilt cucumber’ thing she does is so weird. She is once again emphasising to people that there is ‘good’ food and ‘bad’ food which is such a dangerous, negative way of approaching things. Food is food. Like, if she wants Nina to have some veggies just put them out for her without labelling them as mum guilt food.

Her portion sizes are insane. I’m guessing at least ten of those sausages? And it’s not like they were mini ones either. That’s a huge amount for two adults and a child, in addition to a huge plate of pancakes and whatever bacon she had thrown on too. Even her recipes produce tons of food, I’ve always ended up with way too much even after freezing half of it.
I cook 10, for 2 adults, one teen boy and a 7 year old.....me and the 7 year old have 2 each the other two have 3.....that’s a ridiculous amount for 3!

The cucumber thing is just stupid. Wtf is momguiltcucumber? It’s pancake day - like it’s just weird and wrong full stop! And to tell all her followers like pancakes is bad...I think her followers are smart enough to know what’s good and what’s bad for their child. We don’t need Rebecca to tell us - we had a totally guilt free evening, pancakes with Nutella and loved it.

Reactions: 10
Also is it just me but Ninas clothes always seem a bit on the small side for her. Poor thing.
Just seen her stories and thought the same. Her wee top is too short on both arms and body. No wonder the child never wants to wear clothes, they're too tight and restricting on her!!

Reactions: 4
Just seen her stories and thought the same. Her wee top is too short on both arms and body. No wonder the child never wants to wear clothes, they're too tight and restricting on her!!
This is so true! She isn't comfy, and the other night Rebecca posted a dress that was age 7-8 and she stated it 'fit like a glove' probably the most comfortable thing ninas been able to wear. It's shocking the amount Rebecca encourages her to pack away every single day. Fair enough for a treat go all out but there was no need for sausages, bacon, pancakes, sugary spreads, etc etc. Wtf does she think the cucumber is going to do?!

Reactions: 6
I think if we all looked to Rebecca for nutrition advice then the plus sized clothing manufacturers would be rubbing their hands with glee at all the new sales they would make.

• Haha
I know several large friends and I’ve watched over the years their children also bulk up. She’s definitely over feeding her.

Rebecca has a really bad relationship with food and she’s evidently passing that on to Nina which is really sad. How she’s being paid to pass that on to thousands of people is beyond me.

My partner was always forced to finish his plate. Not matter what it always had to be like that. He has an almost chronic fear of mash potato due to his family making him finish mountains of it when he was so full. As an adult he eats all his food to the point of feeling sick “because it’s there”. He struggles with his weight and can get quite down about his eating habits 😢 he’s of course an adult, he takes full responsibility for what he eats but me as his partner I feel I have ALWAYS been able to see the impact of how he was raised to look at food

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My partner was always forced to finish his plate. Not matter what it always had to be like that. He has an almost chronic fear of mash potato due to his family making him finish mountains of it when he was so full. As an adult he eats all his food to the point of feeling sick “because it’s there”. He struggles with his weight and can get quite down about his eating habits 😢 he’s of course an adult, he takes full responsibility for what he eats but me as his partner I feel I have ALWAYS been able to see the impact of how he was raised to look at food
This is my issue with food too. I’ve vowed never ever to pass it onto my son and ensure that I’ve read everything I can about how not to do that. He’s the pickiest eater ever these days but I make sure never to force food on him etc. I would never give advice because I’m not an expert, Rebecca obviously hasn’t read about it at all and yet dishes our advice left and right. It makes me so mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is my issue with food too. I’ve vowed never ever to pass it onto my son and ensure that I’ve read everything I can about how not to do that. He’s the pickiest eater ever these days but I make sure never to force food on him etc. I would never give advice because I’m not an expert, Rebecca obviously hasn’t read about it at all and yet dishes our advice left and right. It makes me so mad.
can completely relate to this! My daughter really struggles to eat food textures ect we are now seeing a dietitian but I was always, always forced to finish my plate and over the years I’ve had the worst relationship with food!! I always make sure my daughter feels comfortable at the table sometimes she doesn’t eat a single thing but I never hold it on a fork or say eat it, eat it while she is eating I don’t question if she likes it or not SO damaging you can see Nina waiting for her mum to ask. I’ve only recently seen Rebecca absolutely shocking a 7/8 dress fitting Nina is rather worrying. She absolutely over feeds her and I feel really uncomfortable watching her. What’s rather shocking is how she is getting away with it! I really cannot believe people follow her. What is with the single mummy persona?! I am a single mummy and I know lots who are too this is not something you would choose I don’t know why she acts like she is?! I really thought she was.

She’s a serial deleter in that fb group, anyone who doesn’t gush over all her recipes has their comment deleted!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.