Whatmummymakes #2 do you like it? Do you? Do you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She loves a good courgette too doesn’t she... they’re bleeping vile and make pastry dishes soggy as they’re like 90% water.
I joined that group, just to have a geg and the amount of posts that state ‘not food related’ piss me off. Like she didn’t set it up as a weaning page, and everyone is apologising for going off topic 😂

Reactions: 6
I’ll just say to use a phrase of Rebecca’s she is a total “Karen” when it comes to customer service things. I used to see her at a baby group but actually met her as part of an online mum meet up group thing a few times when my son was really young and she’s one of those people you’d never wish to serve, I was mortified when the group went to a cafe because of how she acted with the staff. Always complaining trying to get free stuff or money knocked off!!!
We never really spoke much and I’m so glad haha!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’ll just say to use a phrase of Rebecca’s she is a total “Karen” when it comes to customer service things. I used to see her at a baby group but actually met her as part of an online mum meet up group thing a few times when my son was really young and she’s one of those people you’d never wish to serve, I was mortified when the group went to a cafe because of how she acted with the staff. Always complaining trying to get free stuff or money knocked off!!!
We never really spoke much and I’m so glad haha!
You can tell she’s not a very nice person. Love the real life stories, if you have any more then please do share 😊

Reactions: 1
Tone deaf again in her recent stories. Customer service during a pandemic: “Most companies aren’t even operating a phone line...” - that’ll be because most companies are struggling with resource, with getting goods, with staying afloat during a literal pandemic where the majority of businesses have had to close during lockdown. Believe it or not, a new desk isn’t essential. Regardless of whether or not she’s going out to buy or collect it, it just shows how utterly detached she is from the reality of how hard this pandemic is hitting people’s lives and livelihoods. Urgh.

On the subject of her food, I made a few recipes last year when my kid was weaning and I was recommended her page. The first thing I tried was the porridge bar things, where you shove oats on the microwave or oven. Vile, assumed I must have done something wrong. Tried the chicken bites, broccoli muffin things and fried rice. Also absolutely disgusting and my kid wouldn’t touch them. I’ve gotten on much better just tweaking my usual recipes and going on instinct.
I made those porridge bar things and they were disgusting! I too thought i must have done something wrong, glad it wasn’t just me!! Me and my mum also made some of the biscuits and tried them and were like.... ‘where’s the flavour’?!

Reactions: 5
Isn’t BLW meant to be where you just give the baby the same meals as you? What’s with creating all these special baby meals? Isn’t that just traditional weaning

Reactions: 9
Isn’t BLW meant to be where you just give the baby the same meals as you? What’s with creating all these special baby meals? Isn’t that just traditional weaning
yes that’s exactly what it is, we all ate the same food, nothing off limits, my kids ate curry, stir fry, spag Bol, lasagne etc all things with loads of flavours!
Not that it matters which ever way you do it, they all get older and only want to eat beige crap!

• Haha
I’m not an expert like Rebecca but I think BLW is where you don’t spoon feed at all, so the baby has finger food etc and decides themselves what they put in their mouth. Making food especially for the baby is fine, especially where you have to watch the salt content etc. But obviously it’s easier just to feed the baby the same food as you’re eating (if it’s suitable).
Traditional weaning is purées and spoon feeding. Also the hardcore BLW community doesn’t allow you to do both, as any spoon feeding is apparently not ‘true’ BLW, so any food held by the baby in those circumstances is ‘finger food’ not BLW. It’s all a bit ridiculous, because it’s so true that all kids end up wanting fish fingers and chips! It’s just another example of the ‘perfect first baby’ phenomenon idealised by first time mothers.

I joined the Facebook group but quickly left!!! It’s part love in for Rebecca and then part mums showing off how great their kids are or asking silly questions!!! Totally understand some people would like that kind of thing just not for me!!

Reactions: 2
I’m not an expert like Rebecca but I think BLW is where you don’t spoon feed at all, so the baby has finger food etc and decides themselves what they put in their mouth. Making food especially for the baby is fine, especially where you have to watch the salt content etc. But obviously it’s easier just to feed the baby the same food as you’re eating (if it’s suitable).
Traditional weaning is purées and spoon feeding. Also the hardcore BLW community doesn’t allow you to do both, as any spoon feeding is apparently not ‘true’ BLW, so any food held by the baby in those circumstances is ‘finger food’ not BLW. It’s all a bit ridiculous, because it’s so true that all kids end up wanting fish fingers and chips! It’s just another example of the ‘perfect first baby’ phenomenon idealised by first time mothers.
This. I BLW both mine. First will eat absolutely anything, I mean she loves lettuce ffs 🤣 Youngest won't put a bit of fruit or veg near his mouth. Both brought up exactly the same. It's luck IMO how good your child eats.

• Haha
Look how pissed off Nina is - she’s making a joke out of it but 1) get the camera out of her face and 2) if you must whack it in her face when she’s not feeling it, definitely don’t broadcast it to the world.

Reactions: 4
I really dislike when people show their upset/ angry/ insert negative emotion children on Instagram. I’m all for the importance of sharing real life but in these cases you can post a story saying it’s been a tough night, that she’s tired, whatever, but shoving the camera in face and laughing is horrible. It’s disrespectful to the child, who had no say in their emotions being plastered all over the internet. She’s trying so hard to be relatable but it’s just off putting.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I didn’t like seeing that - Rebecca was laughing and Nina honestly looked so over it - you could see in her eyes, which was just sad to see. I don’t know why you’d share that at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I joined the Facebook group but quickly left!!! It’s part love in for Rebecca and then part mums showing off how great their kids are or asking silly questions!!! Totally understand some people would like that kind of thing just not for me!!
Oh my the silly questions....it concerns me that some of these people are bringing up the next generation but don’t have a clue what to do with extra carrot or a some blueberries 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m sure she just made the group up so she can watch her fans adore her from the sidelines.

Reactions: 4
55215FE5-8FB3-45DE-8453-EE3ADA865D49.jpeg

On the group just now. I was tempted to write “no she’s going to die” 🙄 but I restrained myself. These ladies are raising the next generation folks.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 432222
On the group just now. I was tempted to write “no she’s going to die” 🙄 but I restrained myself. These ladies are raising the next generation folks.
I joined this group yesterday just to see what it was like. I don’t know about anybody else but it feels like such Dad bashing at times or that the dad is made out to be useless.
also, are the hoops blitzed? I’m so confused 😂
Edited to add; why do people not phone a HV or the feeding support teams for questions, some advice you see thrown about it awful on weaning pages. I know HVs can be hit or miss but personally I phone mine over on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.