What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Explaining half pennies to my now adult kids, 27, 26 and 22. Taping the charts off of the radio on a Sunday afternoon, having to endlessly scroll to find my year of birth.

Reactions: 3
When my youngest (10 years old) asked me what was it like growing up in the Victorian times, he was being serious......I'm 50 this year haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When my youngest (10 years old) asked me what was it like growing up in the Victorian times, he was being serious......I'm 50 this year haha.
My kids are a similar age and refer to my childhood as "the olden days".

"Mummy did you have phones in the olden days?" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My nephew is 17 now, but when he was about 3 or 4 he came out with a couple to his grandmother including:

"Nana, was it scary when you were small because of all the dinosaurs?"

"Nana, when was colour?" Followed by his grandmother asking him, "When was colour what?", and his reply of "When you were small, everything was black and white so when was colour?"

😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When I buy alcohol and the cashier, who looks like a child, doesn’t even ask me for ID anymore

Reactions: 4
Talking to my 14 year old stepson and him saying Bradley Cooper is an old man now. I said he’s not old, he’s mid 40’s.

“Yeah, old”.

I mean, I’m 32 but I still don’t want to be considered old in 14 years 😅

• Haha
My kids are a similar age and refer to my childhood as "the olden days".

"Mummy did you have phones in the olden days?" :LOL:
omg! in my view "the olden days" is defintely vicorian times (side note I cannot believe we were allowed to use this at school as if it refers to a specific time :LOL:)
Forgetting what year it is (which has become worse in lockdown as 2020 basically didn't happen) and forgetting my own age

• Haha
Hearing Lionel Richie Glastonbury set on the radio yesterday. They said it was from 2015. I thought, ‘Great, I was there that year’. Then realised it was the 2005 Glasto I attended.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When someone on the internet says “omg this [movie/song/TV show/book] was my entire childhood, now I feel SO old” and you realise that you were a fully fledged adult when said movie/song/TV show/book was released.

No mate, I’m the one who feels old now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel old every time we get a Sainsbury delivery and it's one of those cute wee boys and I think, "Why are they letting a child drive their van around the country?" until I realise they're actually about 25 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Firstly if I ever get to go away on holiday again ☹.. I will have to ensure that the bathroom is shower only. I can climb in probably clamber out of a bath but have the chilling thought of being stuck therein for the whole of my holiday🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m 33 and I have a 16 year old she literally said mum your so embarrassing when I was dancing the other day there was me thinking I’ve still got it....she killed that vibe!! And me feel well old 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I watch a lot of "thrift with me" videos on YouTube, so many of the girls who show their thrift finds are like "look at this gorgeous VINTAGE lamp, this VINTAGE blouse", etc and it's tat from the 90s that I had 😂 Also on Instagram young teens/early 20s fashionistas are rocking the beaded bracelet with alphabet beads, pony beads etc, acting like they are some new discovery.

In my head, my younger siblings are still the age they were when I left home for university... which was 13 years ago, so when their birthdays come up I'm in disbelief that thay are no longer 15 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I watch a lot of "thrift with me" videos on YouTube, so many of the girls who show their thrift finds are like "look at this gorgeous VINTAGE lamp, this VINTAGE blouse", etc and it's tat from the 90s that I had 😂 Also on Instagram young teens/early 20s fashionistas are rocking the beaded bracelet with alphabet beads, pony beads etc, acting like they are some new discovery.

In my head, my younger siblings are still the age they were when I left home for university... which was 13 years ago, so when their birthdays come up I'm in disbelief that thay are no longer 15 😂
I expect to see a vintage chair which is one of those inflatable armchairs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.