What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just being 34. I often get nostalgic for my 20’s as I had a bleeping great time. So glad I didn’t have the pressure of social media that kids do now, I don’t think I would have coped well. Facebook was used to chat to friends and write about your night out, not filter photos to tit & draw slugs above your eyes.
This is so true. Kids and people in their early 20s seem so image conscious these days, back when I was at uni I’d if you posed for a photo with your mates you smiled or pulled a silly face... you didn’t pout or try and look sultry. Then you’d upload it straight off your camera without so much as a filter (sometimes even forgetting to rotate it 😂 ). These photos when then all be added to an album called “*~summer nights out~*” Or something. There was nothing pretentious about it, we didn’t care about the photos being “aesthetic” or portraying a certain style... we were just having fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Also that TVs had 4 channels, most people had one in the living room and if you didn't want to watch what an adult did, your choices were a radio or a book.
I was so full of hope when channel five launched - what a pile of old tosh that turned out to be!

Also

- That I remember before The National Lottery existed
- that Karyn Parsons (aka Hilary Banks) is 54

Edit - oh, and the joy of finally filling up a camera roll (once every 8 months) and waiting for it to come back in the post... only to find out 80% of the people either had their eyes closed or red eyes.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone else remember being sent to the shops with a note from your ma saying she needs smokes and needed you get them as she busy with the other kids ahah?

The horror if someone did that now!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Edit - oh, and the joy of finally filling up a camera roll (once every 8 months) and waiting for it to come back in the post... only to find out 80% of the people either had their eyes closed or red eyes.
And the last few pics were always of the dog or something, because you knew you were near the end and wanted to get it used up so it could be developed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Does anyone else remember being sent to the shops with a note from your ma saying she needs smokes and needed you get them as she busy with the other kids ahah?

Exactly this .. although I was rather disgusted the Amazon driver gave my 13 year old daughter 2 bottles of Chardonnay yesterday while I was upstairs 😂😂😱😱. But yes I used to go round the shops , get cigs and get other stuff on tick .. I hated getting stuff on tick I was always so embarrassed

Reactions: 3
That there are adults who were born since 2000 !

I am often so amazed how long ago things were .

Sometimes I see tv programmes or photos from the 90s and the quality of the photos looks really dated.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

I didn't do that but when we visited family as a kid I had to sit unbuckled on laps because there weren't enough seats and I was the smallest. Nowadays that would get you the front cover story on the Daily Mail!

Reactions: 4
I didn't do that but when we visited family as a kid I had to sit unbuckled on laps because there weren't enough seats and I was the smallest. Nowadays that would get you the front cover story on the Daily Mail!
I remember cars not having seatbelts in the back , I think it wasn't compulsory for new cars to have them in the uk til the early 80s, so growing up I knew lots of people who has old cars without them .
My hubby used to have an old ford and it didn't have rear seatbelts ( he only got rid of it about 4 years ago)

• Wow
Reactions: 9
There were 7 of us so there used to always be at least 2 of us on someone’s lap in the back! 😂 😭

Reactions: 4
Omg I was telling someone at work about this and they didn’t believe me!

I know I brought a pair of mom jeans recently but I’m 5ft2 so they look ridiculous on me 😂
I’m also short and I hate any type of loose or baggy trousers, they’re not flattering. I also don’t like the feeling of unfitted things!

Reactions: 5
Whats with the skinny jeans thing? I've tried mom/straight leg jeans and they look awful on me.

I feel old not knowing chart music. I remember being up to snuff on the charts, it seems like, not that long ago so no idea how its happened!

pjimage-3-5.jpg

• Haha
Just remembered this song and the fact that everyone in this video will now be in their 30s or 40s... aside from the toddler who will be in their 20s.

Reactions: 11
Having an adult child has done me in! Aged overnight 🤣

skinny jeans for life!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When filling in your d.o.b. online and you’ve already scrolled several times on the year and it’s still nowhere near as far back as you need.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When my 20 year old daughter has to show me how to do things on my phone, "Give it here mum, its much quicker" 😳

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.