What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thinking, all of the 1990s youths are going to be raving in their future care home when their carers put on some of their music from back in their day 😄
I can imagine my rave tune being" I'mmmmmm blue dabble di dabble diii dabble deee dabble di dabble de dabble di di di"
:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I can imagine my rave tune being" I'mmmmmm blue dabble di dabble diii dabble deee dabble di dabble de dabble di di di"
:LOL:
To me, that is early days of internet nostalgia! … but it’s 25 years ago now, oh no.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I sat down cross legged to cut out some fabric for dressmaking. Next day my hips/ligaments/muscles are all tight and achey 😂 get me a zimmer frame!

• Haha
That I have to fill in my eyebrows every day thanks to falling victim to the great eyebrow massacre of the early 00s and they haven't ever grown back. I don't even have to pluck them anymore, they've been the same shape for years now. It's such a pain filling them in and they look crap if I don't do it. I used to have nice, full eyebrows and I wish I'd never touched them!

Reactions: 10
The whole gender / trans debate and issues. I find it alarming and baffling in equal measure. Makes me feel old and or stupid that I just don't get it or the erosion of women in society.:(

• Heart
Reactions: 26
was in the hairdressers the other month and a 19 year old was doing my hair, she pulled my hair up and went ‘we’ll cover the greys’ i’m only 27 🤣 i nearly died
Or you are doing that question thing at the Clinique counter and the assistant puts several 😲 and you're thinking where???!!!!!

Change makes me feel old. When I had a night out and needed to get home I'd call a cab. Now I need an app apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When you see an item for sale on eBay listed as vintage and it’s actually something you regard as quite newish 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That I have to fill in my eyebrows every day thanks to falling victim to the great eyebrow massacre of the early 00s and they haven't ever grown back. I don't even have to pluck them anymore, they've been the same shape for years now. It's such a pain filling them in and they look crap if I don't do it. I used to have nice, full eyebrows and I wish I'd never touched them!
I was so fed up filling in my eyebrows with pencil (years and years!) that I took the plunge and had permanent brow make up done last year, cost £250 but I think it was worth it, made a huge difference and boosted my confidence.

Reactions: 4
I was watching Graham Norton and one of the guests mentioned pesetas ... cue other guests questioning what are pesetas?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Seeing Pam An’s Vogue “what’s in my bag”
And her referring to her arthritis. Feels surreal when your 90’s idols are in their 50’s & 60’s!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
On my bike ride this morning, there was a lady walking with some children, spread out widthways, along the track. As I approached them, she told the children, "Come on, over this way - let the old lady past" :oops:

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
On my bike ride this morning, there was a lady walking with some children, spread out widthways, along the track. As I approached them, she told the children, "Come on, over this way - let the old lady past" :oops:
How rude!

• Heart
Haha - obviously I'm looking older than my years today. Went to the supermarket and as I was checking out, the guy behind the counter asked if I had my Super Gold card (something retirees carry). I asked him, "How old do you think I look?" to which he blushed and said he just had to check. Quite strange anyway though, as I think retirees get a discount on Tuesdays, not Thursdays. Oh well.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Haha - obviously I'm looking older than my years today. Went to the supermarket and as I was checking out, the guy behind the counter asked if I had my Super Gold card (something retirees carry). I asked him, "How old do you think I look?" to which he blushed and said he just had to check. Quite strange anyway though, as I think retirees get a discount on Tuesdays, not Thursdays. Oh well.
Iceland has a discount for the over-60s on Tuesdays, and the assistant didn’t even ask me my age 😭

I got my bus pass last year and I was expecting the bus drivers to look aghast at me, and say, “Surely not! (miss)”, but no, it didn’t happen 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
There were builders in the house and I had to get out for a few hours. I went to Silver Cinema for the over 55s - it used to be every Wed at only €3. I was in my early forties and nobody questioned me... 🥺😩

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.