What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I see someone on TV and their age is known and I think no way, that’s my age, do I look that old??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
When I refer to people in their 40s as OLD then I realise it’ll be me in ten years 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 2
bleeping hell 😂 my 40’s are the best believe it or not
It’s bittersweet for me. It makes me sad that I’ve started seeing the effects of aging, there’s a world of difference between the sprightly, youthful 31 year old me and the slightly haggard 41 year old me, but at the same time I’m finally happy with myself as a person, financially stable, morally and emotionally strong, etc.

Reactions: 10
Just thinking, all of the 1990s youths are going to be raving in their future care home when their carers put on some of their music from back in their day 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just thinking, all of the 1990s youths are going to be raving in their future care home when their carers put on some of their music from back in their day 😄
I have always said this to my son - you will be sat there not able to sing as you didn't have music with words, all you will be able to do is wave your arms and nod your head. Learn some songs like Motown. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I often laugh thinking of this and wonder if it will sound like Vera Lynn does to me to our children/grandchildren 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I often laugh thinking of this and wonder if it will sound like Vera Lynn does to me to our children/grandchildren 🤣
Me and my best friend always tell our kids (who are all in their twenties now 😱) that we'll be sat in our old folks home, dribbling and nodding along to The Clash and the Sex Pistols....🧷🤣

• Haha
When I go out with my younger colleagues and get knackered after dancing to 2 songs , then I have to remember on average they’re 30 years younger than me , it’s feckin depressing when in your head you feel 30 years younger 😂😂💕

• Haha
Knowing there are 'adults' who were born in the 00s. And accepting that Botox is now a thing for me.

I started getting grey hairs when I was 20 so I don't associate greys with old age... I've been paying a fortune to cover the little bastards up for nearly 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When someone says 10 years ago I think of 2007.
10 years ago was 2013 and that is not ok 😆
That makes me feel oldddddd. Where have all those years gone 🥺

Reactions: 8
I filled a skip today and I am aching like mad. Fortunately I wore a woolly hat so I don’t have a headache. It’s the little things 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.