What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a whisker on my chin. It’s like an old friend now, I pluck it out but it cheerily grows back. Thank God I can at least see it and use tweezers!
Omg I plucked mine out only yesterday! I'm only 25! Can't believe it!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
One I'm noticing more and more nowadays is when new songs sample older songs and I can remember when the sampled song was first released 😩

Reactions: 13
Any time I'm researching trips we're planning and I get that leap of excitement at the discount for attractions for EU citizens under 25. Then I remember my actual age! I remember using it in Paris and Rome and that doesn't feel like long ago.

Reactions: 2
Omg I plucked mine out only yesterday! I'm only 25! Can't believe it!
Only one? I could grow a full beard! And I've had blood tests for hormonal imbalances and I'm fine. :rolleyes:

What's making me feel old at the moment is seeing teenagers wearing clothes that I wore as a teenager. It feels like I'm slipped into an alternate dimension, it's truly bizarre.

Reactions: 3
Only one? I could grow a full beard! And I've had blood tests for hormonal imbalances and I'm fine. :rolleyes:

What's making me feel old at the moment is seeing teenagers wearing clothes that I wore as a teenager. It feels like I'm slipped into an alternate dimension, it's truly bizarre.
I too could grow a full beard. I was fine until I went on the pill.

• Wow
when kids screech loud on the bus, hate to admit i used too🤣 but damnnn those kids are annoying

Reactions: 8
When I realise people born in 2000 are now 21. It feels like yesterday for me even though I was a child.

Reactions: 16
When one of the children you work with run across a row of stools and you shout ‘ stop that it’s not the Krypton Factor’ and they just have that ‘ da fucks that ??’ Look on their face

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just saw another tik tok of some girl of about 17 raiding her mums wardrobe for “vintage” mid 2000s clothes 😂

• Haha
Just saw another tik tok of some girl of about 17 raiding her mums wardrobe for “vintage” mid 2000s clothes 😂
omg everything about time... vintage for me (34 years old) is 70s/80s, anything else.... also any adult who is born in the 1998 or onward....

Reactions: 4
Having to google what cis gender meant after seeing it mentioned on Facebook post earlier …

Reactions: 3
Geting my call up to book for covid booster and flu jab as i turned 50 in april. Both orgional jabs were through working in primary care, but now i have been invited ahead of al my collegues Due to age!!

• Haha
Omg whatever you do, do NOT go on Vinted or Depop and look for vintage. It’s all Tammy Girl, Bay and Miss Selfridge from the early 00s! That’s not vintage surely?!

The trainee at work today referred to 1990 as being “well old” 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
When I realise people born in 2000 are now 21. It feels like yesterday for me even though I was a child.
Reading this as I had my 1st child in 2020 + I’m only 41 myself yet my brain says I’m still in my 20yrs but my body says different 🤦‍♀️😂

Reactions: 4
We have to sign customers up for our loyalty program, which includes their birthdate as they get a discount voucher. Nothing like seeing a cute guy, then realising I could be his mother 😳 I'm 41, so not completely ancient, but my brain can't cope with adults existing after the late 90s 😂

Also, anything to do with explaining a pre internet world eg my childhood, to my 11yr old. She's got a decent grasp of history, but that bit just blows her mind!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.