Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I would actually correct the teacher about that. I had an incident with my daughter when she was about 8 or so where the teacher dismissed something she said about our family. I went in the next morning and told her she was wrong, it had happened and my daughter was 100% correct.

My favourite story about stuff like this is Henry Caville's nephew told his class his Uncle was Superman. This was not believed so Henry took him to school. 🤣
It's a strange one isn't it, my sisters are in their mid to late 50s (I'm 40) and their children have long since left school. I have contacted the school albeit in a positive way and offered to bring in my grandad's medal, ration books etc my parents have. I think it was just difficult for the young TA to comprehend and I get that as in my mind it's still 2008 🥴.

Oof when I thought i couldn't adore Henry Caville and his tight Witcher trousers more 😀.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

HowlOwl

VIP Member
I went out last night. Had two gin and tonics. Then after dancing to 3 songs on the trot I thought I was going to have a coronary so had to have a sit down.

What has happened to me? 🤣
The actual going out anywhere is enough for me, let alone the rest! Used to think nothing of going to work sleep-deprived and hungover, would take a week to recover now.

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Sharleen spiteri from my fave 90s band texas is 56 years old and their brilliant white on blonde album came out 27 years ago when my 18 year old self played it to death 🥺

• Wow

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Not actually knowing who around 75% of the people are on the influencer/instagram boards.

I want to have a go but it seems churlish when I don't actually know anything about them in the first place.

People post helpful Wiki's etc but I don't want these types in my head tbh.

Tui

VIP Member
I was at the dentist having an x ray and realised nobody asked me beforehand if there was any chance I could be pregnant!
In fairness this happened to me a few weeks ago despite being 34 and trying to conceive!

• Wow

Pontyslapper

Chatty Member
I have a new found appreciation for 'Allo 'Allo! . At the time I wasn't interested in it but my Dad watches the reruns all the time and I have found myself LOL'ing a few times. Some of it is very clever.
I stuck it on a few weeks back for the sprogs (16 & 12) - they both got it and the 16yo was chuckling away forgetting her leftie wokey lifestyle stance. I did so enjoy the light ribbing dished out by her brother for that one. I thought we'd instantly get the 'they can't say that' nonsense. I think studying GCSE history might have helped slightly as does having older now deceased great grandparents who actually fought in the war. They do often ask for 'Allo 'Allo intermingled with a bit of Bad Education as they imagine thats what my job entails - sort of does but not a whole classroom full of 'Special K' - its more individual or groups of 2 and my little darlings are not exactly going to win any citizenship awards.

Curly Top

VIP Member
Saw a friend of mine recently with her grandchildren and they were almost as tall as her!

Meringue22

VIP Member
My parents are war babies who had me later in life. My 10 y/o is currently doing WW2 in class and she told the (very young) teacher that her grandparents were born during the war and they told her not to be so daft 😳.
My mum was a war baby too. And she’s very much alive and kicking