Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Islawight

Chatty Member
I used to get a pint of strawberry milkshake delivered by the milkman everyday. I was 18, my first home without parents and I was like ‘yeah, this adulting is great’ never ordered plain milk. Milkman must’ve thought I was a right loon. Haha, take me back.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I went out last night. Had two gin and tonics. Then after dancing to 3 songs on the trot I thought I was going to have a coronary so had to have a sit down.

What has happened to me? 🤣

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
Me quoting Dirty Dancing and a 23 year old colleague looking at me blankly 😭 I mean, technically I *could* be her mother 💔
And the fact that she was born in 2000. Like what?!? She’s a full adult with a proper job and she wasn’t even around in the 90s?? Give me strength.

• Haha

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I've had a bit of a tricky shoulder since nye and couldn't figure out how I'd done it. I've just realised by repeating the action it's from showing the kids the moves to superman (Black Lace) 🥴.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Meringue22

VIP Member
One of my joints is clicking when I walk down the stairs. I can’t feel it but I assume it’s my right hip. The joys 🙄

• Sad

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Declining an invitation to the pub as they were going at 9pm and that's too late for me! Prefer to be snuggled on the sofa with my dogs at that time. Whereas not so many years ago I wouldn't go out til 9pm.

Tui

VIP Member
Remembering about how I used to take a digital camera out on nights out in uni to take photos (and in secondary school, using a disposable camera). Kids these days don’t know they’re born.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
A contestant on the wheel was so young she'd never seen Only Fools and horses before.

• Wow

LadyMuck

VIP Member
In the same week as my birthday recently, having an eye test, hearing test and a hospital appointment! I feel old 😪

• Sad
  • Heart

ElChanguito

VIP Member
Clothes all being cropped! I really hate it. There’s no way I can wear it, I’d look ridiculous 😭

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Thinking various avatar pics were of the posters themselves barring Joanna Lumley and Taylor Swift.

I deliberately ignore a lot of stuff in the media these days but I've been a victim of my own success with these tbqfh.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
A girl I went to school with put a message on Facebook that her son is 21 and I still don’t feel old enough to drive or have a mortgage 😂

• Haha

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I was watching a program from the mid 2000's the other day and someone was using Windows xp it seems like only yesterday I was using it not 20 years ago 🙄

Pontyslapper

Chatty Member
Dealing with power companies, banks, insurers etc for my parents. Often involves some jiggery pokery as the old fella has aggressive, fast paced alzheimers and mum had her head in the sand during the onset so practically everything is in dad's name. I'm slowly untangling it so mum is able to access or 'control' the boring stuff. Luckily the bank was a joint account and mum always took the lead on that.

Did the same for my grandfather before he died at 99. Luckily he had his marbles but was deaf as a post so was hopeless on the phone, email and internet with some hand holding got all his stuff sorted before he sold up and moved in with mum and dad for his final few years, again, luckily while dad was still ok.

Apart from that its the realisation that the top of the family tree is mum and dad, then me and my bro. It does keep me awake some nights with a bottle of some long forgotten spirits I find in the back of a cupboard. Don't worry, I'm far away from being troubled or an alky. 🤪

petitspois

VIP Member
I genuinely can’t tell what’s in fashion or why for young people these days. Since when are massive jumpers, loose jeans ending 5 inches above the ankles and socks and crocs a good look? I watch Raye at the Royal Albert Hall and she seemed to be styled like Dorian from Birds of a Feather to me but my daughter thought she looked amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5