Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kelly123

VIP Member
If we turned up to school with short trousers and white socks showing you’d get seven bells knocked out of you 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Looking at dresses for my work Christmas party and the majority are one shouldered or backless and all I can think is 'nooo I want to be warm' 😪.

Meringue22

VIP Member
I now have to wear glasses (for reading). That doesn’t bother me, but my 14 year old saying ‘fucking hell mum you’re losing your senses’ made my day(!) 🙄

• Haha

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Just watching totp from 1991 and my fave band new kids on the block are on and they look so young
I'm my 12 year old self again and in love with Jordan 😍

• Heart
  • Haha

missymunch

Working with a younger person one day who is in a band and they said “we have to play the music the old people like “ me then nodding in sympathy thinking old people are my parents age (80’s) . They then said “oh sorry , no offence “ I WAS old people ! I’m 55. I was a Goth , a Mod , I’m cool , I am NOT old 😂. Brought me down to earth with a thump !

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The actual going out anywhere is enough for me, let alone the rest! Used to think nothing of going to work sleep-deprived and hungover, would take a week to recover now.
It was doing my finest Tina Turner impression to Proud Mary that was the final straw. 🤣

I also forgot to mention I was home by 1030. The days of pulling an all nighter and going straight to work ... Wow. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Reactions: 4

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
Realising that the films from the 50s I used to call ‘from the olden days’ as a 5 year old, were only as old as films from the 90s now

• Wow

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I watched a vlog recently, the girl was late teens and she said, “Oh yeah, we’re off to my grandad’s 50th” and I was like whaaaaa 🤣 because my grandparents were absolutely ancient, more like Charlie’s grandparents in Willy Wonka. I just can’t picture such a young grandad.

My experience of pain seems so much worse now I’m in my late 30s, my periods nearly take me out. The pain just wracks my whole body and exhausts me.

• Heart
  • Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I said ‘Good moaning’ to a colleague in her 20’s. She didn’t get it 😂 I hope you lot do!!
I have a new found appreciation for 'Allo 'Allo! . At the time I wasn't interested in it but my Dad watches the reruns all the time and I have found myself LOL'ing a few times. Some of it is very clever.

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I didn't know this thread existed but god it's timely that i spotted it, been in a weird mood all day found out earlier that my childhood friend has just became a nana for the first time and we're the same age.

I remember vividly being seventeen stood in the bogs with my mate (😂) at college when after weeks of telling me she was still late finally her doing a test and there we were looking at a faint second line together thinking wtf .
Her now 21 year old daughter has just had her first and it's hit me hard that 'where have all the years gone' feeling 😞

Lalla

VIP Member
Similar thing happened to my son at school last year!
My mum is 80 this year, born 1944, had me aged 41, im 39 this year ( my brother and sister are 60 and 61) , my son is 11.
My brothers daughter, my niece is 35 so my mums grandchildren range in age from 11 to 35. My nieces son, my great nephew and mums great grandchild is 11 same as my son 🤣
My sons school absolutely mindblown could not comprehend this
My son and his friend were in the same year at school. His friend had a cousin also in that year, and an uncle in the year below 😂. The school could never grasp that the younger boy was the uncle of the older 2!

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
Saw a meme on social media saying 1990 is now as long ago from today as 1954 was back in 1990

This kind of thing always gets me.

• Wow