Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Trying to find some new winter boots and despite trying on a billion pairs I can't find any that are comfortable. I've become the same with knits I've previously worn for years, finding them scratchy. I don't know if I'm prioritising comfort over style or just getting harder to please!.
I think the soles of our feet get thinner as we age, so shoes and boots get more uncomfortable. God knows how I used to prance around in high heels all day! Now it’s some cheapo fabric flat things from Matalan as they’re my favourite comfy ones and can walk for hours, stuff the vanity!

Reactions: 2

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Trying to find some new winter boots and despite trying on a billion pairs I can't find any that are comfortable. I've become the same with knits I've previously worn for years, finding them scratchy. I don't know if I'm prioritising comfort over style or just getting harder to please!.

Reactions: 1

HowlOwl

VIP Member
All the older generation above you dying off, sadly of course your parents maybe amongst others, and realising you’re at the top of the tier now! I only have my brother and a few cousins.
---
My brother was asking me if I knew how old Andy Summers the guitarist was from The Police. Then before I could guess he said 82, 82!!!!!!
WTF!!???!!!!!!!!
View attachment 2664384
Always thought he looked a bit older, but wow, that is unexpecten!

• Wow

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Previous thread here:

Curly Top

VIP Member
The other day I was in a supermarket where the automatic doors were taking a long time to open, I was waiting patiently for them to fully open before I went through and one old boy said "Come on dear!" I instantly felt about 93. Very sobering.

• Wow

Curly Top

VIP Member
Seeing various pundits/experts and marvelling at how young/immature they look.

"Is he old enought to shave yet?" etc
Yes agreed, and equally seeing presenters/actors/singers, whom you haven't seen for a while, suddenly look ancient.

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Staying in a place that could be described quaintly as “60s/70s‘ retro”, or just a terrible old dated dump, and realising you could have stayed there when it was new as a child, if your family had been more the European adventurous sort.

Pontyslapper

Chatty Member
It's a strange one isn't it, my sisters are in their mid to late 50s (I'm 40) and their children have long since left school. I have contacted the school albeit in a positive way and offered to bring in my grandad's medal, ration books etc my parents have. I think it was just difficult for the young TA to comprehend and I get that as in my mind it's still 2008 🥴.

Oof when I thought i couldn't adore Henry Caville and his tight Witcher trousers more 😀.
Similar here - daughter is history mental - she was once allowed to take in her great grandfathers Nazi dagger that he took off the German he killed in a hand to hand fight just after D Day. School confiscated it - as you can imagine all hell broke loose at home when we got that phonecall - my missus flew over the school playing fuck as we'd cleared it with the history dept and one of the deputy heads. It was taken in quietly, dropped into the history department, but some how some do gooding TA played fuck and it all kicked off. Hence the phonecall.

Not only is it a family heirloom so to speak, they are quite valuable and unique pieces of history. No such drama over the various family war medals or other war related memorabilia we've let the kids take in.