What little niggle triggers your marital hatred?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else reading a number of this gripes and thinking. "tit I do that" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
He spends SO much time in the loo! When we were looking for a new house I made 2 loos a non negotiable.

he mumbles. He mumbles constantly. When I ask him to say it again he repeats himself in the same low mumble. I know I will end up simply ignoring him eventually, but I think that’s 25+ years of marriage territory.
Mine mumbles too, and when I say I didn’t hear he just repeats a couple of words out of the sentence instead of the whole sentence 🤯 . Like how the duck am I going to know what your talking about from two words if I didn’t hear the whole thing to begin with !!

Part 3 …

He can’t put a pillowcase on … he just rams the pillow inside at a weird angle.

He also can’t hang shirts on hangers so they look kind of pissed.

Bearing in mind he’s got an engineering doctorate so you’d think he could work out the angles 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh yes , the mumbling .Mine either mumbles or he is making so much racket I can't hear him . Then if I try to talk he says he can't hear me because he is making so much noise.

If its important, I'd be best off sending him a message cos his phone is always in his hand .

Anyone else's other half constantly scrolling on their phone?

Reactions: 4
Loving these, and many happen in our house too.

My Part 2

He likes to be outside so he's doing the gardening, but can't tell a flower from a weed, so I've "lost" many gorgeous plants. He also decided to trim back plants JUST BEFORE THEY FLOWER. It drives me mad seeing all the buds disappear before I've enjoyed them flowering. 🙄

Well, you know me by now, so visits to the garden centre to replace plants is becoming frequent and rather expensive - to him. 😅

God help me if he decides to take up decorating too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He talks constantly, he never stops talking. I thought men were supposed to talk less than women!?

He never puts things away in the kitchen, if he gets something out of a cupboard he leaves it on the counter top

He shoves everything in the same wash, I keep my whites separate now after years of trying to get him to separate them to no avail

He can never find anything even though things have a place and they are always put in their place by me

He's always moaning about something, you'd think he had a hard life

Each and every one of these things makes me want to commit murder on a daily basis

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He leaves tea towels on the sofa
He cuts his toe nails and leaves them in the sink
He leaves all his dirty clothes on the floor by his wardrobe
I have bought little storage boxes for his bits and bobs, there is one on the windowsill in the bedroom and one in the hall - he still leaves everything out such as keys, money, recipes, ear phones, etc
He leaves empty cans on the coffee table
He is banned from doing any laundry as even after telling him -he will put whites in with darks
He can’t use the stove without getting grease all over it
He can’t make a sandwich without clearing away the crumbs
He leaves his trainers outside and then moans when it rains
When he cuts the grass, he wont sweep the grass so I’m in constant fear of dropping the clean wet washing as I’m putting them on the line
I have to ask about 3 months in advance and then weekly before any DIY is done and then it’s done cowboy style
Don’t matter how many times I remind him of what is needed at the shop - he’ll always forgot at least 1 item.
I could go on and on but we have been married nearly twenty years, he’s loyal, faithful, a good provider and will always bring me a coffee in bed, never forgets birthdays or anniversary’s and always kisses me goodnight. He is the love of my life x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Someone reminded me, I can always hear him breathing, how can breathing be so loud? I have to turn the TV up

Another thing, he wears 3 pairs of socks a day, 3 t shirts and at least 3 pairs of boxers, there's only 2 of us but we do a wash every day, sometimes 2 and it winds me up but I'm glad he's clean

He leaves the sink wet in kitchen and bathroom

He can't work our new hoover so I have to show him each time he hoovers, we've had it since February and he hoovers weekly

He's still talking now, he's not stopped all morning, we have barely been in the same room and he's still talking. I had a half hour reprieve but he didn't stop talking, he was on the phone to his dad so I could still hear him but I didn't have to pretend to listen 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Oh yes , the mumbling .Mine either mumbles or he is making so much racket I can't hear him . Then if I try to talk he says he can't hear me because he is making so much noise.

If its important, I'd be best off sending him a message cos his phone is always in his hand .

Anyone else's other half constantly scrolling on their phone?
Mine is a constant scroller. It particularly annoys me when I’m driving and suddenly some random sounds from a tik tok or something start blaring out. Not sure why he has this need to be permanently distracted by this crap. And he wonders why he gets anxious 🤔

The only thing my partner really does that irks me, and we've spoken about it and he acknowledged it as a bad and rude habit - if there is a lull in our conversation at all, he takes out his phone and starts scrolling. It really grates me.

Reactions: 1
I do love him but my husband borders on useless/an utter hindrance sometimes.

He made our daughter’s bed, (which I appreciate, I do) and the sheets go in this order, bottom to top: waterproof sheet, padded sheet, fitted sheet

he of course makes her bed: padded sheet, waterproof sheet UPSIDE DOWN (ie plastic side up), fitted sheet.

Anytime he “makes dinner for us” he has to get me involved and it’s highly stressful. An attempt at making couscous once resulted in a massive slanging match and him disappearing into the darkness of the night for three hours.

• Haha