What little niggle triggers your marital hatred?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way he answers the phone to his mates like he's some sort of road man "Yo bruvaaa alright?"
my fella is ‘elllllllllloooooooooooooooooo LAD!!!’ But when it’s me on the phone he’s like ‘hello’ in the most monotone, mundane, miserable voice going 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
-always gets peace and quiet from our toddler when he goes for a poo. Shuts the door and locks it. Announces he’s going for a poo - whereas when I try to go to the bathroom I have a toddler with me passing me the toilet paper 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
He spends SO much time in the loo! When we were looking for a new house I made 2 loos a non negotiable.

he mumbles. He mumbles constantly. When I ask him to say it again he repeats himself in the same low mumble. I know I will end up simply ignoring him eventually, but I think that’s 25+ years of marriage territory.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We go food shopping.

We get home, he then takes every item out of the bags and puts them on the worktop.

He then moves them from the worktop into the relevant cupboard etc.

Why why why?

Just take the item from the bag and put straight away. Why all the double handling?
Haha. Admittedly I use to do this, my mum does it too. I read on here someone else saying it was weird and it honestly never dawned on me that it was odd. I don't do it now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I ask him to do something and it’s always ‘I’m just doing something one sec one sec’ making it out if it’s dead important but he’s only playing hill climb racing on his phone

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My biggest one is he always needs noise. Music, YouTube, podcast, games. There can never be quiet. Even if we are just in the car for 5mins he puts his music on. I don't mind his music (mostly) but sometimes just ssssshhh!

If I'm in the house alone, the silence is 👌

Last edited:
  • Heart
My biggest one is he always needs noise. Music, YouTube, podcast, games. There can never be quiet. Even if we are just in the car for 5mins he puts his music on. I don't mind his music (mostly) but sometimes just ssssshhh!

If I'm in the house alone, the silence is 👌
My husband is the exact same. It's like he feels awkward when its silent.

I love my own company and often sit without the tv on but then he will fill my quiet with a million and 1 questions or stories. Sometimes I'll tell him to shh and appreciate that we can't hear the kids arguing or the dog annoying the cat, but he never does.

Reactions: 5
My husband is the exact same. It's like he feels awkward when its silent.

I love my own company and often sit without the tv on but then he will fill my quiet with a million and 1 questions or stories. Sometimes I'll tell him to shh and appreciate that we can't hear the kids arguing or the dog annoying the cat, but he never does.
You are both describing my mum 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The noisy person or the quiet person 🤣
She’s a noise ADDICT. She loves really loud music, she loves talking, she talks constantly, she has a go at me when I don’t talk loads (I like silence!)

my dad comes home and turns her music down and she calls him a miserable old b*stard 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Also!!!!!!!!!

When he turns over in bed, he seems to levitate, spin 360 degrees and then collapses back down onto the bed!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Also!

He can fall asleep within seconds of getting into bed, sometimes in the middle of a sentence. Snored like a volcano, doesn't wake up if I get up to go to the loo & flush it, but then wakes up if I take an ibuprofen from the little foil packet, or open a tampon wrapper, and complains about the noise.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not hatred butttt
Can never hang up a tea towel
Always leaves the bathroom cabinet open!

Ooo ooo leaving all the doors open.

Reactions: 2
Never rinses the bath out!!!! He's got quite a dirty job as well so it's bleeping minging

Reactions: 4
Continues to put crisp packets in the recycling no matter how many times I tell him they're non recyclable.

Sleeps diagonally.

Leaves things of semi importance all over the house then stalks around later when he needs them saying 'what have you done with my...'

Always tries to have a conversation with me when I'm at the farthest point away in the house...Stop shouting and come find me 😤.

Over trims the garden when I like it a bit wild.

...and breathe.

Doesn’t empty the kitchen bin, instead just keeps cramming more rubbish in :mad:

Offers to do tasks and then forgets/ puts it off and says he’ll do it the following weekend.

Because we are moving out of our rented flat later this year and buying our own house, he seems to think keeping this place clean doesn’t matter anymore:unsure:

crumbs everywhere! He must violently butter the roast considering half of the surface is left on the kitchen worktop after…

He eats pasta WITH A SPOON!
I hear that spoon clattering off his teeth when he eats.😡

When he gets up first he goes into the ensuite and then does the noisiest poos i have ever heard. Each turd bombing into the water, one after the other. It wakes me up. I have to get out of bed and dash downstairs to get away from the sound. Last time I fell down the stairs in my haste to get away 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A lot of previous posts are also applicable to my husband.

But one of the single most annoying things he does is when he makes toast, he uses a chopping board to butter and cut said toast....and then puts it on a plate.

Like wtaf is the point in that??? It makes my blood boil. Just bloody butter it on the sodding plate 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Haha