What little niggle triggers your marital hatred?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another one 😂

If I send a text with 2 questions in WHY is he only capable of answering 1 of the questions not the other. Same applies if I say would you like this or that for dinner and he replies "yeah". Noooooooooo you're supposed to tell me which of the two you want, yeah is not an answer!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He picks his nose like a 5yo, only grudgingly stops if I shout how digusting it is.
He clips his toenails and leaves all the bits on the pouffe in the living room.
He has never vacuumed, not once in 21yrs.
He refuses the take his muddy work boots off and stomps mud all thru the house.
He eats with his mouth open - I ask him to close his mouth when he's eating, he says he needs his mouth open to get the food in. I have to turn the TV up cos of the noise.
He kept me awake for 12yrs as he's such a pain in bed. Refused to see the GP. Turned out he has sleep aponea - told him there was something wrong!!! Idiot.
He doesn't food shop. Or unload the car. Or put it away.
He doesn't feed the cats or clean their tray.
He's never cleaned the shower but insists on using soap, not shower gel.
He falls asleep on the couch after tea every evening for about 2hrs, snoring.
He once completely forgot it was my birthday, only realised when he walked into the living room and my family were there to wish me a happy birthday.
He is grumpy and makes no effort at conversation or pleasantries.
His side of the bedroom looks like a midden.

I could go on all day, he's like a child trapped in a man's body. I'm not even married, I think I need to have a word with myself 😬🤪

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
He picks his nose like a 5yo, only grudgingly stops if I shout how digusting it is.
He eats with his mouth open - I ask him to close his mouth when he's eating, he says he needs his mouth open to get the food in. I have to turn the TV up cos of the noise.
He kept me awake for 12yrs as he's such a pain in bed. Refused to see the GP. Turned out he has sleep aponea - told him there was something wrong!!! Idiot.
He once completely forgot it was my birthday, only realised when he walked into the living room and my family were there to wish me a happy birthday.

I could go on all day, he's like a child trapped in a man's body. I'm not even married, I think I need to have a word with myself 😬🤪
omg as if he forgot your birthday, that’s not very nice!!

Reactions: 3

I think you might be living with my ex 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He comes into a room in the middle of the day and puts the bloody light on. No matter how sunny it is. It annoys me so much . I keep switching them off.
THIS! Mine goes and puts the lamp on in the living room, and then goes to do something in another room. If I turn it off, he goes and turns it back on again. And he leaves the hallway light on every time he leaves the house, even if it's daylight and he's only going out for a short time. WHY!?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Leaves wet towels lying on the bed.

Leaves lights on that aren’t being used.

Can easily stay in pyjamas all day.

Does an annoying throat clearing thing that drives me mental.

Leaves computers on when not in use.

Occasionally will not wash hands after having a pee.

I could go on 😂 for every bad thing though there is another thing I love!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Leaves rubbish on a plate on the counter right above the bin.
Doesn't wash up anything that can't be put in the dishwasher.
Leaves all his clothes down his side of the bed rather than in the washing machine.
Always has to have a 'solution' to a problem and gets annoyed if there isn't one (even if I wasn't asking for one).
He's not great at buying gifts. My birthday present this year was a milk jug. I was unimpressed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Putting dishes in the sink with food still on the plate

Makes little effort to be sociable when my family/friends visit but expects me to pull out all the stops when it's his people visiting.

As soon as I mop the bathroom floor he needs to use the bathroom. As soon as I mop the kitchen floor he needs a cuppa.... or a something, and it can't wait.

Incapable of switching lights off when he leaves a room then complains about electricity bills being high.

Why the fuckety duck does the TV volume have to be at top whack when he's watching football/ F1??

I've not done washing on purpose to get my message across. He once complained there were no clean towels so I pointed to the washing machine and said you don't have to wash them that thing does it for you but you do need to load it - I'm your girlfriend not your bleeping mum !!🤷

He's bloody factor 50 on the twatability scale

• Haha
- Leaves his wet towel on the bed and then moans when he gets in it that he has a wet patch

- Talks to me about football ALL the time

- When he can't sleep at night, he flips over in bed like he's the exorcist

- He will moan about something trivial and then asks what I'm going to do about it. It wasn't bothering me mate, so what are YOU going to do about it

- Puts white washing in with darks

- Decides to shave his beard every time I've cleaned the bathroom

- Doesn't turn the bathroom light on at night so he misses the toilet. In the last 15 years I reckon I've slipped on his piss more times than I've done anything else!

Felt good to get all that off my chest.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve been with my husband over a decade and he has never once put the lid back on the butter after using it. Never.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Doesn’t make the bed or open the blinds or window in the bedroom 😂 that’s one of my biggest l!!! Especially as he’s really tidy and clean, just don’t get it 😂😤

Reactions: 7
My husband (via text): We've run out of Marmite.
Me: I bought a new jar on Saturday, it's in the cupboard.
Husband: What cupboard?
Me: The same cupboard that we've kept it in for the last 20 years ffs
Husband: I can't find it, are you sure you bought a new one??
Me: (losing the will to live) Yes, it's in the cupboard on the left, on the bottom shelf, right next to the peanut butter, there might be a jar of squeezy honey in front of it. It's definitely there, I used it less than 2 hours ago.
Husband (hours later) I've run out of shower gel
Me: There's a new one in the cupboard under the sink in the bathroom (simultaneously scrolling through "How to murder someone and get away with it" on my work laptop) 🥴😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My husband (via text): We've run out of Marmite.
Me: I bought a new jar on Saturday, it's in the cupboard.
Husband: What cupboard?
Me: The same cupboard that we've kept it in for the last 20 years ffs
Husband: I can't find it, are you sure you bought a new one??
Me: (losing the will to live) Yes, it's in the cupboard on the left, on the bottom shelf, right next to the peanut butter, there might be a jar of squeezy honey in front of it. It's definitely there, I used it less than 2 hours ago.
Husband (hours later) I've run out of shower gel
Me: There's a new one in the cupboard under the sink in the bathroom (simultaneously scrolling through "How to murder someone and get away with it" on my work laptop) 🥴😭
We call this “boy looking” in our house. He can never find the ketchup - there could be a babybel in front of the massive 600g bottle but he won’t see past what’s first on the shelf.

my heart sinks every time I can’t find something and I have to ask him if he’s seen it. It’s always no, he always says it as if I’ve asked him if he knows the meaning of life or how Pythagoras came up with his theorem.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
- as soon as his family knock on the door he goes into the garage / upstairs for a poo / into the garden

- can tell exactly what he’s made in the kitchen, because all the cupboard doors are open.

- puts rubbish into the sink and then puts the tap on? The bin is the same distance as the sink? So when I move it over to the bin it’s all wet and drippy. WHY!

- thinks cleaning the bathroom is pouring bleach into the loo and leaving it there.

- falls asleep on the sofa at 730pm and then expects a party at 10:30pm and won’t stop talking

- starts a job in the house and then as soon as said area is functional, doesn’t bother to finish it

Reactions: 8
We go food shopping.

We get home, he then takes every item out of the bags and puts them on the worktop.

He then moves them from the worktop into the relevant cupboard etc.

Why why why?

Just take the item from the bag and put straight away. Why all the double handling?

• Haha
Part Two …

He leaves cups with water in next to the dishwasher. I assume they’re empty and tip water down myself while loading the dishwasher.

He constantly forgets to lock the doors and the cars 🚙

Thinks housework just involves vacuuming and nothing else, and thinks gardening just involves arsing about on his ride on mower.

He insists on shouting from one end of the house to me at the other …. It’s a sizeable house so I can’t bloody hear him. Then he comes stomping around with his elephant feet calling my name and asking why I’m ignoring him 🙄

He is always weighing himself and sulks if he gains even an ounce.

• Haha
OMG love this thread. This is going to be popular I bet 😅😅😅

The bf snacks on everythin basically. That’s annoying enough but he leaves the packets open in the cupboard so everything goes stale 😤

Reactions: 7
The way he answers the phone to his mates like he's some sort of road man "Yo bruvaaa alright?"

• Haha