What little niggle triggers your marital hatred?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Marital hatred? That's the new phrase to describe those irritations so familiar to us all. Here, six women reveal their pet partnership peeves.

My now ex always had to touch everything was doing. if lids were on pans while cooking he would take them off and vice versa. if TV was on he would either turn it off or up or down. if fire was on he would either turn it off or up or down ..

Drove me mental in the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He never puts his clothes in the wash basket. Always next to the wash basket

never picks up the bath mat when he’s had a shower

doesn’t eat his crusts on sandwiches then leaves them on the plate by the sink or IN the sink

always double checks if I’ve done a scratch card properly

opens a can of coke and has one sip then falls asleep/forgets about it

falls asleep with all the lights on

falls asleep with tele & PlayStation on

omg I could go on and on and on. Best stop now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
He likes to join other peoples conversations uninvited, the introvert in me just can't comprehend.

He leaves kitchen drawers and doors slightly open.. like he's closed them most of the way but then gives up??!?!

He'll dress our 6 month old but forget her socks, every time 🤦‍♀️😆

Not listen to most of what I say 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Dh has an annoying habit of needing me to give him directions to places. Even places he knows full well how to get to/from. He just can't be bothered to navigate in his mind. I get sick of having to tell him to go right or left etc. 🙄 he seems to manage okay when I'm not in the car with him 🤦‍♀️

The crumbs! Just the bloody crumbs!
In our house they're called 'love crumbs' and it's mainly my sons who drop them. Dh says it's because they love me so much so leave me presents. He leaves 'love coffee grounds' 😄

Reactions: 1
He plays dvd /games/cds but never puts them back in the cases or away

He always leaves his used breakfast bowl on the coffee table instead of putting it in the kitchen

He always leaved dirty clothes on the floor not in the wash basket

He leaves rubbish in the car

There's so many 🤣

Reactions: 6
Goes upstairs to watch tv in bed while leaving the TV and PlayStation on downstairs

when he washes up a cutting board he only washes one side of it 😂😂

went on at me for ages to get a laundry basket in the bedroom, takes his clothes off and leaves them on the landing floor

the worst part is there’s so many more 😂

• Haha
This 👇 if something is hidden underneath something else, then forget about it, he will never find it 🥴:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Shoes down the side of the sofa
The invisible step on the stairs where he never sees anything to be taken up
Leaving bloody car parts on the kitchen worktop

I've trained him out of most, we've been married 26 years though. I deserve a medal 😂

Reactions: 7
Hmmm 🤔

Seems to be unable to close cupboards and drawers

Doesn’t remove tissues from his pockets before putting clothes in wash basket … he doesn’t remove cash either so I take that as my tip for dealing with said tissues 😉

Leaves the blinds closed if he gets out of bed after me.

He never remembers what places nearby are called, so I end up having to try and describe somewhere that we regularly go to.

The constant inane questions. They start the minute I open my eyes with “ what are you doing today?” ….

Oh and his sodding heavy footsteps. He’s 5ft 5 and slim so hardly a heavyweight, yet he insists on stomping about like a god damn elephant.

There is more … so much more 😂😂😂

• Haha
Sitting on the bed after I've made it. Over and over again. Why?

He's turning into a control freak in his old age ...

He can't walk past the central heating controls without turning down the temperature. Last winter I got my own back and turned them up each time I past it. 😅

In winter he'll see me wearing layers of clothes and as soon as I say I'm cold, he'll remove his jumper and start huffing. I played him at his own game one day when it was snowing!!! Before I mentioned anything he removed his jumper, so I surprised him and agreed with him that it was far too hot, and I opened the back door wide, then I went into the living room to keep warm, leaving him in the kitchen. 😂

• Haha
Hmmm 🤔

Seems to be unable to close cupboards and drawers

Doesn’t remove tissues from his pockets before putting clothes in wash basket … he doesn’t remove cash either so I take that as my tip for dealing with said tissues 😉

Leaves the blinds closed if he gets out of bed after me.

He never remembers what places nearby are called, so I end up having to try and describe somewhere that we regularly go to.

The constant inane questions. They start the minute I open my eyes with “ what are you doing today?” ….

Oh and his sodding heavy footsteps. He’s 5ft 5 and slim so hardly a heavyweight, yet he insists on stomping about like a god damn elephant.

There is more … so much more 😂😂😂
My sister was very slim, size 3 shoe and walked like a fairy elephant. When she was upstairs the ceiling would shake and the light would swing as she walked across the bedroom I would always look up thinking the ceiling was going to come down. 😂

Another ex husband .. Hated to be idle, and we would all suffer. I would come home from work to find walls knocked down or built.. (absolutely no prep so everything would be covered in rubble and dings)

Once I come home to see yet another new bird cage and he said "You didn't want this did you?" I didn't recognise it so said don't think so.. went upstairs to see all my daughter's clothes over the bed and her chest of drawers missing.

I have 1000s of such instances.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Decides that when we are just about to go out and I'm ready, dressed and at the door with the keys in my hand, that's the perfect time for him to decide he needs to start hoovering, or put some washing on, or clean the bathroom.

Spillages. Everywhere. So many bedsheets or clothes or rugs ruined by his love of spilling things like curry sauce or ketchup or coffee on them.

Asking what he should have for dinner when I'm not at home, when the fridge is full of choices and he is old enough to make his own dinner without my permission. Just pick what you want, FGS man! You're 45!

Reactions: 5
- leaves his clothes, specifically his trousers everywhere besides from the wardrobe or the laundry basket - so, over the dining room chair, on the sofa, next to the bathroom sink etc.

- falls asleep with his airpods on, which I then wake up with one lodged under me somewhere or I find when I'm making the bed

- when he goes to the toilet during the night he doesn't flush the chain 😒😒😒

- when we're trying to park the car, he drives passed about a million free spaces bc they're not 'the right one'

• Haha
When he makes a cup of tea or coffee, there’s always a little bit of sugar left on the counter. And the teaspoon. And the used teabag 😭

• Haha
Stuffs his food wrappers down the side of the sofa instead of putting them in the bin

Expects a medal and standing ovation if he gets the hoover out

Lives by the motto if it's yellow let it mellow - FLUSH THE TOILET YOU DETTY PIG

ALWAYS leaves his clothes either next to the laundry basket, or the one that really gives me rage is when he puts them ON TOP of it instead of just lifting the lid and putting them in there

Drives my car, uses all my fuel then when I go to get in my car he'll say "you need fuel btw"

Slices bread or something crumby on the chopping board then instead of brushing crumbs into the sink or bin he'll just dump them on the floor and walk off

There is a bin in the kitchen and our wheelie bins are just outside the door, so please can someone tell me why my worktop constantly has rubbish on it. Is there a fairy who comes along and puts stuff in the bin?

How long have you all got cos I could go on for days?

• Haha
Omg when we’re watching a movie in bed, he’ll balance a cup of tea or can of Coke ON the bedsheets and I’m like “that’s gonna knock over” and he insists it won’t. So for the whole movie I’m watching this can of Coke intensely, ready to grab it if it falls…my anxiety can’t take it 😭 just put it on the bedside table!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Comes in and leaves his stuff in front of the door so we can't open it I hope we never have to evacuate. Tends to dump his laptop there too, as if it is neither fragile or important.

He comes into a room in the middle of the day and puts the bloody light on. No matter how sunny it is. It annoys me so much . I keep switching them off.