What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought of another petty thing, working with my ex, his now gf & his idiot family I would clean the toilet & the floor with the cloth they washed the cups with, gave me great satisfaction as they never offered to make me a drink anyway they just bullied me & nobody spoke to me so when they had hot drinks I would snigger to myself 🙊
This is the kind of story i’m here for 🤢🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is the kind of story i’m here for 🤢🤣
My ex was fussy about his teeth. He was also unfaithful. There was a short spell we still lived together while split. I went to the loo once to find he hadn’t cleaned up properly after a dirty splashy tit. His toothbrush was the nearest thing to hand to get that bowl sparkling again.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
My ex was fussy about his teeth. He was also unfaithful. There was a short spell we still lived together while split. I went to the loo once to find he hadn’t cleaned up properly after a dirty splashy tit. His toothbrush was the nearest thing to hand to get that bowl sparkling again.
done the same, no judgement. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
A horrible, abusive ex-boyfriend of mine was repeating college exams - he'd failed, missed and repeated so many that he was on his last chance, about to be kicked off his course if he didn't pass this time.
He texted me in a panic the day before his first exam asking if I had seen his student ID: it was missing and he needed it. I told him truthfully that I hadn't seen it, as I hadn't seen him in a couple of months. He texted again saying if he found out I'd "done something" to his card he'd find out and "make me sorry". I replied that I wasn't even in the same county, which was true: I was 2.5 hours away, where I lived!
Later that day, a friend rang and asked me to collect some documents from her former employer in the town we went to college in: they had to be posted to a prospective employer and she was out of the country, so I agreed.
Arrived in college town, did errand for my friend, and as I walked out of the post office I spotted a card on the ground: yer man's college ID.
Tossed it into the nearest skip 🤭
To be honest I thought they'd let him sit his exams without the card but apparently they didn't 😁
Felt good to inconvenience him so greatly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I thought of one from my childhood. I once told my siblings there was a monster in the park because I didn't want to play in there 😂.

I may also have run away with my sweets on my bike because I didn't want to share them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My boss (who was a massive prick) was getting a parking ticket and I just sat and watched the parking attendant give it to him. 10 mins later he ran out like “did you not see this?!”
Nope I was working 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My first daughters dad is an absolute narcissist and after years of verbal abuse from his and his little crowd, I had enough. I sent his work screenshots of the horrific threats he was sending me and they sacked him. Not today Satan x

• Heart
Reactions: 60
My first daughters dad is an absolute narcissist and after years of verbal abuse from his and his little crowd, I had enough. I sent his work screenshots of the horrific threats he was sending me and they sacked him. Not today Satan x
I’m so glad you got out of that situation, he sounds terrible! Hope you’re thriving now he’s gone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have a couple of work related ones - both to do with milk...

I would quite often come into our large open-plan office of a morning to find there was no milk in the fridge. Everyone knew that I couldn't function without a coffee first thing, so they knew I'd go to the canteen to get some. I got so fed up with their laziness that one day I made my coffee then spilt the rest of the carton out of the window onto the flat roof below. Everyone watched but said nothing.

Another time, same thing - no milk, so again I went to the canteen and got a pint, made my coffee, then left the carton on my desk on a boiling hot day, where it went off quite quickly. No-one dared touch it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I just argued with my boyfriend this early on my day off. It wasn't about this but he keeps leaving his dirty socks everywhere. I just collected them up and put them in his work trousers pockets so hopefully he pulls them out on a job(tradesman, lots of pockets, heavy trousers) Great way to start the day 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 30
A while after I’d spilt up with my ex, I noticed the tosser was still using my Netflix. I didn’t say anything & let him get right to the end of the series he’d been watching. When I saw he’d only got one episode left to go I changed the password & logged out all devices! Pretty petty & childish of me, but he definitely deserved it! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I temped for a week at a high end recruitment consultants. They only placed people in jobs that paid over £50k (and this was 20 years ago so we’re talking very high earners back then).

I worked on reception and although most of the people who worked there were ok to me, the clients were awful and very very rude. One particular man was disgusting to me on the phone all week. He thought he was the most important person ever, demanding me to get people out of meetings to update him on where they were with getting him a better contract etc etc. Called me ‘stupid girl’ when the phone cut out on him and so on. So on my last day I looked up his CV on the system. He had listed his hobbies as “skiing and walking”. I had an unfortunate slip of the hand that changed them to “skiving and wanking”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 115
I used to work for an airline and one day we got new wings badges in our pigeon holes. Anyway, this lad who me and my friend hated, we nicked his wings badge and from that day whenever we saw him we would sing Flying Without Wings and he was none the wiser why.
I also worked for a low cost airline, I couldn’t stand the jobsworths I was rostered with and was sick of hearing them go on about earning commission. I had resigned anyway so I gave free sandwiches to my passengers as not only was I ashamed to ask a fiver for them as they were a disgrace but I wanted to hit those colleagues in their pocket for their £2.50 commission or whatever it was.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The thread is about being petty not morals.
Being petty in response to someone who was an hole. The hairdressers were pretty nice I thought.

Maybe the letter was snotty but if they were waiting for it to be paid for a while I don't blame them.

Reactions: 10
I was temping when I first left Uni. My Manager was awful, really up her self and took every permanent colleagues out for Lunch and left me on my own. She did this quite a few times and excluded me from meetings, etc. When I left, I left so much work behind that I didn't file away. I just tucked it in the bottom draw and walked out! Very petty, but had to be done.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
A while after I’d spilt up with my ex, I noticed the tosser was still using my Netflix. I didn’t say anything & let him get right to the end of the series he’d been watching. When I saw he’d only got one episode left to go I changed the password & logged out all devices! Pretty petty & childish of me, but he definitely deserved it! 😂
This was brutal but I love it.

Reactions: 4
When I worked in a petrol station a bloke came to the counter to pay for £20 of fuel. It was all in silver and copper and instead of handing it to me he just dropped the lot on the counter and smirked. I took about ten mins to pick it all up one by one, dropped a penny in the bin and told him it was short, I dropped the lot back on the counter and he had to pay by card 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I worked with someone who was dismissed after their probationary period ended so she called in sick for the rest of her last week and dumped her clients folders and paperwork in the bin.

She also kept a work laptop and didn't hand it back for about 2 months, which was a PITA because the team had to sort out her mess and we needed to know the dates and times of some meetings she had arranged before she left.

Reactions: 3
Our young cat walked into the house of my neighbour which must have been a huge annoyance because she brought her back to us and threw the cat over the wall! The wall was only about one meter high and the cat landed on her feet so she was not hurt or so-but still it was an awful thing to see and my little son was quite in shock. He still remembers it and says this was the most evil thing he ever saw.
So a couple of years later when I accompanied a group of children in lovely costumes from my choir going from house to house in our village and singing musical songs to raise some money I deliberately skipped her house, because I knew she was (like all of the parents) waiting for us to take pics and videos (her son was among the kids, too). Usually people would give money for the cause and sweets for the kids, so I was so mean and didn't give her son some telling him his mum doesn't want him to have it because it's not healthy. She came some days later, all sweet and brought some money in an envelope do donate and asking if I have pics and if I could sent them, did not dare to ask why we didn't stop at her place.
I promised I will and never did. And finally: I wrote a little article for our local newspaper and didn't put his full name on the list of kids participating. I am so evil😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.