What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once had a really petty, mean boss who expected me to be able to read his mind and would constantly blame me for things he'd forgotten that I didn't know about in the first place. We were between cleaners so he had me doing that too; I'm not precious, I don't mind helping out, but not when I'm getting it in the neck for not doing my 'proper' job because of it. The rest of the staff weren't much better, they soon worked out they could shift the blame for things they hadn't done onto me. Just before I left I was handed a pile of stuff to sort from someone else who'd left. I found out that person hadn't been forwarding the phone bills for our premises to finance and they were on a final reminder, so that went in the shredder. So did some information he'd been waiting on for a report, he was after promotion and it was supposed to impress his superior. Of course he'd left it to the last minute to request the information and by the time he discovered he didn't have it, the deadline was fast approaching. He still hasn't been promoted 🤪

My cat takes after me, he has a petty streak. He and my cousin.have a hate- hate relationship. She'd shouted at him one day for absolutely nothing so after she'd left the room he jumped on the sofa and peed on her coat, something he never would normally do Unfortunately it was winter, she had a bad cold and couldn't smell it.... apparently everyone else on the bus could. I'd like to add I'm nice to my cousin most of the time, but nobody picks on my boy and gets away with it !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I once had a really petty, mean boss who expected me to be able to read his mind and would constantly blame me for things he'd forgotten that I didn't know about in the first place. We were between cleaners so he had me doing that too; I'm not precious, I don't mind helping out, but not when I'm getting it in the neck for not doing my 'proper' job because of it. The rest of the staff weren't much better, they soon worked out they could shift the blame for things they hadn't done onto me. Just before I left I was handed a pile of stuff to sort from someone else who'd left. I found out that person hadn't been forwarding the phone bills for our premises to finance and they were on a final reminder, so that went in the shredder. So did some information he'd been waiting on for a report, he was after promotion and it was supposed to impress his superior. Of course he'd left it to the last minute to request the information and by the time he discovered he didn't have it, the deadline was fast approaching. He still hasn't been promoted 🤪

My cat takes after me, he has a petty streak. He and my cousin.have a hate- hate relationship. She'd shouted at him one day for absolutely nothing so after she'd left the room he jumped on the sofa and peed on her coat, something he never would normally do Unfortunately it was winter, she had a bad cold and couldn't smell it.... apparently everyone else on the bus could. I'd like to add I'm nice to my cousin most of the time, but nobody picks on my boy and gets away with it !
cats are just hilarious, this made me actually laugh out loud

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Being petty in response to someone who was an hole. The hairdressers were pretty nice I thought.

Maybe the letter was snotty but if they were waiting for it to be paid for a while I don't blame them.
😂 did I just stumble on to mumsnet by mistake?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My other half has this cereal with chocolate bits in. I rummage through it when I need a chocolate fix and pick out the chocolate bits to eat. He moans that they are tight on the chocolate. I just smile sweetly and agree.

Poor bugger hasn't done anything to be deprived of his chocolate. I'm so mean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
My other half has this cereal with chocolate bits in. I rummage through it when I need a chocolate fix and pick out the chocolate bits to eat. He moans that they are tight on the chocolate. I just smile sweetly and agree.

Poor bugger hasn't done anything to be deprived of his chocolate. I'm so mean.
This is brilliant 🤣

• Haha
I temped for a week at a high end recruitment consultants. They only placed people in jobs that paid over £50k (and this was 20 years ago so we’re talking very high earners back then).

I worked on reception and although most of the people who worked there were ok to me, the clients were awful and very very rude. One particular man was disgusting to me on the phone all week. He thought he was the most important person ever, demanding me to get people out of meetings to update him on where they were with getting him a better contract etc etc. Called me ‘stupid girl’ when the phone cut out on him and so on. So on my last day I looked up his CV on the system. He had listed his hobbies as “skiing and walking”. I had an unfortunate slip of the hand that changed them to “skiving and wanking”.
I love this. It's brilliant 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
When I worked on customer services at a well known flat pack furniture company, we had some right dickheads come in and be vile about really trivial stuff that was often completely beyond the staff’s control. I had one man ranting at me about a couple of screws that were missing from his £10 coffee table and when he had finally paused for breath said I would fetch the missing parts from stock but that it might take a few minutes. He was the only customer waiting so I went to the stock room, picked up the screws in ten seconds flat then sat and chatted with a colleague for 15 minutes before being oh so apologetic about his long wait.

• Haha
  • Heart
Not super petty, but back in school I pretended to trip over and spilled hot chocolate all over the girl I disliked. The chocolate wasn’t really hot, but it ruined her white shirt and she had to spend the rest of the day wearing her gym clothes. She had it coming, she was mean to my friends and thought herself much more important than she was.
I love how you start off by saying "not super petty", then proceed to tell us something extremely petty 😌

• Haha
Reactions: 14
cats are just hilarious, this made me actually laugh out loud
I told the vet on our next trip and after he'd stopped laughing he said it was probably just a stress response. I prefer to think of it as 'don't mess with the cat' 😹.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I temped for a week at a high end recruitment consultants. They only placed people in jobs that paid over £50k (and this was 20 years ago so we’re talking very high earners back then).

I worked on reception and although most of the people who worked there were ok to me, the clients were awful and very very rude. One particular man was disgusting to me on the phone all week. He thought he was the most important person ever, demanding me to get people out of meetings to update him on where they were with getting him a better contract etc etc. Called me ‘stupid girl’ when the phone cut out on him and so on. So on my last day I looked up his CV on the system. He had listed his hobbies as “skiing and walking”. I had an unfortunate slip of the hand that changed them to “skiving and wanking”.
I think I love you. This is amazing 😩❤😂

Our young cat walked into the house of my neighbour which must have been a huge annoyance because she brought her back to us and threw the cat over the wall! The wall was only about one meter high and the cat landed on her feet so she was not hurt or so-but still it was an awful thing to see and my little son was quite in shock. He still remembers it and says this was the most evil thing he ever saw.
So a couple of years later when I accompanied a group of children in lovely costumes from my choir going from house to house in our village and singing musical songs to raise some money I deliberately skipped her house, because I knew she was (like all of the parents) waiting for us to take pics and videos (her son was among the kids, too). Usually people would give money for the cause and sweets for the kids, so I was so mean and didn't give her son some telling him his mum doesn't want him to have it because it's not healthy. She came some days later, all sweet and brought some money in an envelope do donate and asking if I have pics and if I could sent them, did not dare to ask why we didn't stop at her place.
I promised I will and never did. And finally: I wrote a little article for our local newspaper and didn't put his full name on the list of kids participating. I am so evil😔
I think the moral of that story is don't duck with people's cats! I would've put cat tit under her doormat for chucking my bambino ☹

Reactions: 9
My other half was cycling all the time a couple years back. In the winter he would use a turbo bike in the garage, when he was being a dick I'd wait til half way through his ride and knock the internet off (the bike was hooked up to the laptop). I've also chucked his Garmin in the bin when he was being a lazy tit. He searched for that for days and had to buy a new one for about, £80! I might tell him one day 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My MIL uses my Amazon music account as she's not got her own. She's always playing music through her echo when she's cooking or cleaning etc, which is fine. The other say she made a comment which annoyed me a bit so since then I keep changing the song to "smack my witch up" when I can see she's listening to music.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
My MIL uses my Amazon music account as she's not got her own. She's always playing music through her echo when she's cooking or cleaning etc, which is fine. The other say she made a comment which annoyed me a bit so since then I keep changing the song to "smack my witch up" when I can see she's listening to music.
OMG, I love this, it's freakin hilarious! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Has she clicked on yet? X

Reactions: 1
My ex (after I left him for someone else) broke into my flat, took all my dildos and planted them like proud flowers in the middle of my lawn.…..we then restarted our relationship but I hadn’t quite split up with the bloke I left him for so he left his watch on my bedside table for other bloke to find.
in my defence I was v young and quite mentally unwell and the dildo planting watch leaving ex has been my husband now for 18 years 😋

• Haha
  • Sad
I was at our local supermarket on a busy Saturday and a saw a space. The car in the space behind was about to drive through this space to get out . I launched my car into this space so he couldn't because I recognised the car as being one from the school run who always parks over people's drives. He had to wait ages for the huge line of traffic to leave before he could reverse out of his space.

( not the most exciting story here but he deserved it)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I can’t remember if I’ve told this one before.

I was visiting B&Q with my friend who has a wheelchair. There was no disabled parking spaces left so rather than squeeze into another nearby space I went to the quieter other end of the car park so my friend would get in and out the car with ease.

When we returned to the car I wheeled my friend to the passenger side and was helping her into the car when a car pulled up wanting to get into the space on that side.

I looked at the driver and rolled my eyes as there were loads of empty spaces around there was no need to to be waiting for that particular space.

I didn’t rush folding the chair etc. and shook my head at this idiot waiting.

It was a small car and 4 really large women emerged from it (not really relevant but that was comical).

The driver was a total fishwife and shouted “It’s a free country, I can park where the duck I want!”. This is true it has to be said. The four of them waddled off towards B&Q, effing and blinding.

I was just pulling out and noticed the car was left unlocked. I got out of my car and opened all the doors wide before I drove off.

My friend and I laughed all the way home 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
We do petty stuff all the time at work, helps us get through the day🤣 These examples are years ago, not sure we would get away with so much now? One lady who used to work with us was really annoying and would pretend to be busy all the time when she was just good at looking like she was busy. Because she was the one to set up the coffees and teas for meetings, we put some milk in one of the flasks for hot water( they were used for milk occasionally too), hid that flask for a few weeks then put it at the front of the shelf when we knew she would be setting up. She opened the lid and nearly fell backwards, the smell was awful. I nearly wet myself and still laugh at the noise she made when she opened it 🤣
We had an awful boss so "spilt" water on her desk chair which she sat on! Hiding things that we knew were needed was a big one if someone had pissed us off and taking great pleasure in saying we hadn't seen it, then a few days later, when said thing was no longer needed, saying oh I found it!! The list goes on🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.