What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was sacked from a temp job after only a week and was furious because I applied for an office job then when I started they told me I would have to drive around the country visiting clients in my own car!

I was planning to leave and find another job so should have just quit but they got in there first claiming to the agency that I wasn't up to the job.

Anyway they had given me a car park pass worth about £70 and I walked out on the Friday taking the pass with me. They kept sending me aggressive messages demanding the car park pass back so I kept it for ages to piss them off then eventually mailed it back to them without putting a stamp on the envelope.

Petty I know but they were a bunch of shits.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Years ago I went to a hairdressing salon for a haircut. For some reason, I did not have the correct payment, after the cut I paid the bill but I was short of five pounds.
As they had my contact details, they sent me a letter asking me for the £5. I was annoyed at this, and sent them a postal order for the ammount, but wrote on it a specific post office that they would have to go to, to cash the postal order. The post office that I chose, was 11 miles away from their salon. The thing is, there was a post office a few doors away from the salon!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Years ago I went to a hairdressing salon for a haircut. For some reason, I did not have the correct payment, after the cut I paid the bill but I was short of five pounds.
As they had my contact details, they sent me a letter asking me for the £5. I was annoyed at this, and sent them a postal order for the ammount, but wrote on it a specific post office that they would have to go to, to cash the postal order. The post office that I chose, was 11 miles away from their salon. The thing is, there was a post office a few doors away from the salon!
Did they not say anything to you as you were paying about collecting the extra money?

Reactions: 4
Ex left owing me a load of money he couldnt repay as he was skint, but he wanted to pick up his passport to take the woman he cheated with on holiday.

I very carefully removed the photo page and gave it back. Thick duck didnt notice until he got to check in, and still hasnt worked out what happened.
Ohhhh this is immaculate 🤌 🤌 🤌

Reactions: 10
So you underpaid them then got annoyed when they wrote to you asking for the rest? Am I missing something here? Make it make sense 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 86
My husband is a coffee addict and drinks a cup like every 30 min, even late at night. When I am mad at him I do a deep thorough clean of our fancy futuristic coffee automat which takes forever so he has to wait.
And if he really pissed me off I unscrew all the little parts to do the super duper maintaince routine with soaking and what not, he is usually too lazy to assemble it himself😂😂

My coffee maker is probably the most maintained machine in Europe 😜☕

• Haha
Reactions: 30
So you underpaid them then got annoyed when they wrote to you asking for the rest? Am I missing something here? Make it make sense 😭
Yeah I was going to say... this doing seem petty but actually unfair

Reactions: 17
When I was at uni me and boyfriend and our friends were meant to be going out to some sort of club night, but we all got really pissed beforehand. My boyfriend kept annoying me and we ended up having a really silly fight, I can’t even remember what it was about, but it enraged me.

I decided not to go out with them and instead I went up to his room in our student house and grabbed loads of shampoo bottles and poured them all over his bed and the floor 🥴 I remember green liquid squirting everywhere and I felt a deep sense of delirious satisfaction. I wanted to do something more dramatic but all I could think of next was to turn his desk chair over on its side.

I think when he got back he just laughed his head off and called it a meagre effort 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Another one:
I don't really like my sister in law for several reasons but once she yelled at my 4 year old son when he ate only slices of salami for breakfast. There was plenty of other stuff to eat for the others (only adults) and you know how kids have phases when they only eat certain things for a while.
Nobody else had a problem with it and I apologised like 1000 times but she kept saying she would need it for the next morning to offer for breakfast again and that he should learn to behave and not be greedy, piggish, uncontrolled, etc. (this after the adults had drunk like buckets of alcohol the night before)
So late at night I went down to have a midnight picknick, ate all the left over salami, fancy cheese, salmon and olives, made a mess with the butter and Nutella and left the baguettes outside to dry out.
We had only granola for breakfast 😂😂🍳

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Not me but a friend of mine applied for a better job at her workplace and didn't even get offered an interview. She was so incensed that she deleted 3 years worth of reports off the main computer, so they were gone for good. That was the main focus of the department these reports. There was total hell on trying to find out who had done it. They tried to pin it on her but couldn't because that was the main computer in the office that all staff used throughout the day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
But you were short paying them? You wouldn't go into a supermarket and steal 5 pounds worth of food. Like that's not good tbh.

Reactions: 30
Same. Same. Like am I kissing something?? I feel that's pretty awful tbh. Poor hairdresser! I'd always pay the price or give them the cash at the time by walking to the bank and making sure I had enough. 5 pounds is a lot of money and hairdressers just trying to earn a living. You'd be livid if your boss didn't pay you the correct wage.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Not me but someone related to me is a despicable person. She owns a few properties that are rented out. She is as tight as they come and is always late paying bills, leaving work people, cleaners, anyone really out of pocket for as long as she can get away with it. Or she’ll find non existent faults with the work and underpay. Tenants would be very lucky to see their deposits again.

One decorator did up a property of hers between tenants … she didn’t pay of course and complained about the (perfectly good) workmanship. She arrived at the property with viewers soon after to find the wallpaper torn off. The decorator denied it, but good for him. She still had to pay 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
But you were short paying them? You wouldn't go into a supermarket and steal 5 pounds worth of food. Like that's not good tbh.
This was not done on purpose, it was a genuine error on my part. I was annoyed because they sent me a snotty letter asking for the rest of the money.

Reactions: 1
This was not done on purpose, it was a genuine error on my part. I was annoyed because they sent me a snotty letter asking for the rest of the money.
I can see why you’d be annoyed if you were a regular customer. They could have sent a note saying their was a mistake and could you sort it at next appointment. Or mentioned it then.

Thinking I would be more annoyed over how it was handled and the tone of the letter. I’d happily pay up like you did.

This is what I was trying to say but didn’t know how to go about it haha love how you went for it 😂 especially becuase so many hairdressers are self employed with high chair rental costs 😟
Don’t think the error in payment is being disputed but it was how it eas handled and the perceived tone.

Think sometimes we are happy to admit an error but it’s how the situation is handled. Especially if you are a valued customer and it was a genuine error. A similar thing happened with me and my dentist.,.the receptionist undercharged me as she was busy. As soon as realised I let them know but I’d have been mortified if they had sent a letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I can see why you’d be annoyed if you were a regular customer. They could have sent a note saying their was a mistake and could you sort it at next appointment. Or mentioned it then.

Thinking I would be more annoyed over how it was handled and the tone of the letter. I’d happily pay up like you did.

Don’t think the error in payment is being disputed but it was how it eas handled and the perceived tone.

Think sometimes we are happy to admit an error but it’s how the situation is handled. Especially if you are a valued customer and it was a genuine error. A similar thing happened with me and my dentist.,.the receptionist undercharged me as she was busy. As soon as realised I let them know but I’d have been mortified if they had sent a letter.
Thank you for not judging me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg....I've just joined this forum to comment on this thread, I haven't laughed so much in ages. Thank you everyone!

My petty deeds are quite tame compared to some, but here goes...

When my ex-husband left our house to go and live with his new (ex) gf, I didn't want to bin our wedding photo as I looked really nice in it. But I didn't want to look at his fat mug every day, so I drew spots, a moustache and glasses on his face, along with mad scribble hair. It made me smile when I looked at it, but when he went round one day to pick up some of his stuff, he was obviously dismayed. He phoned me up and moaned about "spoiling the photo", and I'll "never be able to replace it". I just laughed out loud at him and said, "Why on earth would I want to replace it?" I got my revenge when I shagged the hot guy from work on the sofa, (hot guy made me turn the pic around before we did it lol!)

I worked in a pub for many years, and 99% of the punters were lovely. There was one hole, loads of money, always flashing his cash, but would treat the bar staff like peasants. He upset one of my colleagues though, and weeks later, when he ordered a burger, she cooked it, put it on the kitchen floor, wiped it around a bit (using her shoe), offered it to the pub cat, who had a good old lick, then put it in a bun, along with the trimmings, and gave it to him. When he said that it was "lovely", I laughed so hard that I had to go out the back to compose myself for 5 minutes.

Bloke in our office thought it was a good idea to dry his socks in the office microwave. He managed to set light to them, the office smelled like a toxic waste dump for days. We got his keyboard and changed a few of the letters around. He was confused for ages, but he couldn't work out why.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Just thought of another petty thing, working with my ex, his now gf & his idiot family I would clean the toilet & the floor with the cloth they washed the cups with, gave me great satisfaction as they never offered to make me a drink anyway they just bullied me & nobody spoke to me so when they had hot drinks I would snigger to myself 🙊

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.