What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Way back at the start of my career, a new manager came into our department and wanted to make their mark by ā€œdriving efficiencyā€. She requested that I complete a ā€œtime logā€ each day detailing how long I spent on every activity I did so we could identify where I could potentially be more productive. Now I, a very productive employee, was mortally offended by this suggestion and completed log as follows:

9.00 - 9.02 arrive at desk and login
9.02 - 9.03 complete time log
9.03 - 9.04 answer phone
9.04 - 9.09 talk to customer about xyz
9.09 - 9.11 complete time log
Etc
11.10 - 11.12 walk to printer
11.12 - 11.13 print
11.13 - 11.15 walk back to desk
11.15 - 11.17 complete time log
Etc

to be extra helpful and show how committed I was to driving productivity and supporting our new managers goals, I ccā€™d in the department head when I sent my time log through.

recommended efficiency saving from department head? Save employees approximately 60 - 90mins a day by eliminating time logs completely.
This has made my day šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m really laughing - well done you

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love the level of pettiness in this thread šŸ˜‚

Another one for me. Iā€™ve got various issues with my hips, so at work have a specific chair. Itā€™s nothing special, and thereā€™s quite a few of the same chair on the floor.
Anyway, I labelled mine as DSE assessed, please donā€™t move. It moved ALL the time. And every time I made a point of finding it, and asking the person who has borrowed it for it back. Their usual response? But itā€™s comfy. Yes , thatā€™s why itā€™s mine!

And yeah, Iā€™m quite a lot more senior than most of the people who borrowed it

• Wow
Reactions: 19
When I was in school, I was pushed off a climbing frame by a girl once in juniors and ended up with a thick lip and a black eye after my face hit the concrete. I never once forgot about it throughout my childhood and always knew I'd have my karma. We ended up at the same university. One night, we'd all gone out and we ended up in the university kitchen where the partying continued for a while, she fell asleep drunk and had brand new white trainers on so I broke the end off a pen and emptied the ink contents over her new trainers then went to bed with a smile on my face šŸ˜‚ never did see her wear them again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
When I was in school, I was pushed off a climbing frame by a girl once in juniors and ended up with a thick lip and a black eye after my face hit the concrete. I never once forgot about it throughout my childhood and always knew I'd have my karma. We ended up at the same university. One night, we'd all gone out and we ended up in the university kitchen where the partying continued for a while, she fell asleep drunk and had brand new white trainers on so I broke the end off a pen and emptied the ink contents over her new trainers then went to bed with a smile on my face šŸ˜‚ never did see her wear them again.
This is brilliant šŸ™ŒšŸ»

Reactions: 6
A place I used to work had a barber opposite it, that had a big sign that said

OPEN MONDAY'S

and it always annoyed me. One day I pointed it out to the proprietress, and she insisted that OPEN MONDAY'S was fine. When I pointed out where she was wrong, she went apeshit, saying that I obviously didn't know what the duck I was on about, and to shut my face.

So, I had a copy of Eats, Shoots & Leaves sent to her shop, and unfortunately I screwed up on postage and she ended up getting stung for Ā£1.79. She moaned and cried about this for a week, so eventually I posted her Ā£1.79 in pennies.

But OPEN MONDAY'S continued to haunt me.

Eventually, after some font research, I replaced her OPEN MONDAY'S sign with a practically identical OPEN MONDAYS. After two weeks she noticed, and again, went apeshit. Insisted on the replacement of her original sign. So I gave her a nice O'PEN M'ONDAY'S' sign, which she did not appreciate. The police were summoned. I have a lifetime ban from her establishment.
This is absolutely amazing!

Reactions: 3
Some of these are rightly "petty" which I would consider causing annoyance/frustration to someone who deserves some comeuppance. Other actions seem disproportionate and sociopathic. Some of you are kind of scary.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
One time a person on the Internet implied I may have been disproportionate or sociopathic, so I traced their home address and kicked over their wheelie bin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 193
Receptionist in my company is beyond awful. Lazy as hell, she wont learn how to transfer calls so gives out extension numbers all day, so clients have to make an extra call. It looks awful but her director doesnt like to be seen as a bad guy so ignores it.
Today she gave my number out 3 times incorrectly. I made a note on her call log of the incidents. She removed it as shes afraid people will see and join in with all her errors.
She blamed everyone including me for answering the calls that came through to my direct line. I have access to one of her mailboxes so while she is on lunch I went in and marked loads of emails as unread just so she thinks she has loads of work to catch up on.
One of my team mates does the same to me marks my completed emails as unread or puts his colour on them to make it look like he helped. He was in training today so I did the same random unreads all over the place.
Its the little things that get me through the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Years ago I found out my ex cheated on me. We didn't live together but he had loads of clothes at mine, so I packed them all up, cutting chunks out of the more expensive items and layered a 12 pack of eggs and a pack of prawns throughout. He didn't collect it for 4 days! He wouldn't have smelled anything until it was open, as it was a hard shell suitcase.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I love the level of pettiness in this thread šŸ˜‚

Another one for me. Iā€™ve got various issues with my hips, so at work have a specific chair. Itā€™s nothing special, and thereā€™s quite a few of the same chair on the floor.
Anyway, I labelled mine as DSE assessed, please donā€™t move. It moved ALL the time. And every time I made a point of finding it, and asking the person who has borrowed it for it back. Their usual response? But itā€™s comfy. Yes , thatā€™s why itā€™s mine!

And yeah, Iā€™m quite a lot more senior than most of the people who borrowed it
Chain it to your desk when you go home

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There was a guy in an office I worked in who was the nemesis of the lady that sat next to him. They hated each other. When he left in the evening sheā€™d adjust his chair. When he came in next day heā€™d have a tantrum. I said to him one day if you stop having tantrums theyā€™ll stop doing it (I didnā€™t grass the other colleague up). So he stopped reacting to his chair being changed. Then she started pinching his sweets, always family sized bags of Malteasers. She eat them while sitting right next to him.

The pair of them should have just shagged and been done with it šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Omg you just reminded me @JoJo76

When I broke up with my ex about 5 years ago, he wouldnā€™t give me my stuff back, and I kept asking and asking (it was important things). He was upset that I met someone very soon after we broke up, so I understood a little but I did really need my things. he kept ignoring me, standing me up, wasting my time etc.

So one day while he was at work, my friend and I swung by his place, (his bedroom was on the ground floor, and he usually left the window unlocked, but ā€˜closedā€™ (so it looked closed from the outside), so she helped me get onto a wheelie bin, climb in and get my stuff back. My friend took a picture of me hanging out of his window for memories, but I canā€™t post it because then there would be evidence šŸ‘½

I also knocked over some cups with tea in while I was there, put toilet water in his iron, the usual :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
There was a guy in an office I worked in who was the nemesis of the lady that sat next to him. They hated each other. When he left in the evening sheā€™d adjust his chair. When he came in next day heā€™d have a tantrum. I said to him one day if you stop having tantrums theyā€™ll stop doing it (I didnā€™t grass the other colleague up). So he stopped reacting to his chair being changed. Then she started pinching his sweets, always family sized bags of Malteasers. She eat them while sitting right next to him.

The pair of them should have just shagged and been done with it šŸ˜‚
You shouldā€™ve grassed the other colleague up, she sounds like sheā€™s got psychological problems

its amazing that we tolerate, justify and laugh at a women doing things that we wouldnā€™t a man doing

Reactions: 10
You shouldā€™ve grassed the other colleague up, she sounds like sheā€™s got psychological problems

its amazing that we tolerate, justify and laugh at a women doing things that we wouldnā€™t a man doing
They were as bad as each other I just canā€™t think of the stuff heā€™d do to her off the top of my head. Thereā€™s no way I was getting involved. Both of them were friendly towards me, just not each other. Iā€™m still in touch with them a couple of decades later. I actually asked to moved desks though not due to them it was another woman who was constantly on personal calls with epic Eastenders style arguing with family members.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Seems to be more common than you would hope. We had a similar 'Poogate' saga at my office too. Poo smeared all over the toilet cubicle on more than one occasion. Emails were sent, pleading signs were put up, to no effect. It was so grim, after about the 4th or 5th time they called a whole-office meeting (with the clearly upset female cleaners present) to plead with whoever it was to stop doing it. It did stop after that though, thankfully. šŸ˜¬. We always suspected it was the male cleaner who had had previous non poo-related allegations brought against him.
We had similar at our office - they became known as the Phantom Shitter. They would regularly leave a smear across the cubicle wall. Several of us (unfairly as it turned out ) suspected a very large co worker who we thought might have been unwittingly smearing when she stood up to wipe* - the cubicles were pretty snug. But when another woman who was always super miserable left, it stopped. So we deduced it must have been her, and that the tit smearing was an expression of her dislike for us all! Bloody weirdo!

*I've always stood to wipe, I assumed this was the norm. Recently I have discovered many people sit down - discussed this with my partner and he now thinks I am very odd for being 'a stander' :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I am alarmed at all the poo smearing in cublicles stories... I must have got lucky so far in my workplaces :eek:

I mean, what self respecting adult smears poo on walls? šŸ„“:eek:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.